Found Deceased TX - Alan White, 55, seen leaving LA Fitness, Dallas, 22 Oct 2020 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we know if the house was searched? I know the apparent crime didn't take place there but there could have been be evidence there. Did the police ask AW's husband if they could search the home?

If it was, it was never reported. I wish Disappeared or Vanished would do an episode on Alan and interview the family, friends and detectives on the case.

If it was, it was never reported. I wish Disappeared or Vanished would do an episode on Alan and interview the family, friends and detectives on the case.
I doubt the family is going on a TV show. After being somewhat vocal about the case originally, they went silent. So did the police. The reason why? We can only guess.

I doubt the family is going on a TV show. After being somewhat vocal about the case originally, they went silent. So did the police. The reason why? We can only guess.

I doubt they will too, I just I wish they would. Even if it's just a podcast. This is definitely one of the more mysterious cases as far as the silence. And IMO, they were barely vocal at all - especially compared to families and friends we usually see posting flyers, begging media for help, Tweeting, making a Facebook group, arranging searches, having vigils. etc. And I'm talking from the beginning - not later, when so many assume LE told them to be quiet.

There is always a chance the Police are on to something. First thing they would advise the family not to talk to anyone, they could slip out a detail that may alert a suspect that could flee.

Yeah, that's the typical response. "LE is working in the background!!"

I guess they've been onto something for five and a half months then, lol.. Still doesn't explain a LOT.

My niece was missing for 14 months, the police pretty much knew who was responsible and they told us. We all kept quiet for 14 months. I didn’t even tell my closest friends what I knew, the last thing any of us wanted was to blow their case over loose lips. A hunter found her body in the woods when tracking a deer. He was arrested.

I speak from experience. As a matter of fact most things in an ongoing investigation aren’t revealed to the public, rightfully so.

My niece was missing for 14 months, the police pretty much knew who was responsible and they told us. We all kept quiet for 14 months. I didn’t even tell my closest friends what I knew, the last thing any of us wanted was to blow their case over loose lips. A hunter found her body in the woods when tracking a deer. He was arrested.

I speak from experience. As a matter of fact most things in an ongoing investigation aren’t revealed to the public, rightfully so.

I know that most things are not revealed; I’m not arguing with you. And I’m not belittling your experience and am genuinely sorry about your niece. But there are also cases where LE is overwhelmed and things just aren’t happening. It could easily be one or the other. They may very well have their eye on someone. If so, they got their eyes on him fast.

I wonder if Alan’s name on the deed could be because he hasn’t been declared dead, and they’re married, so assets would need to still be in both names until there’s a resolution one way or another? Just thinking out loud. I have no clue.
If his name is on a new deed, he would need to sign the mtg documents.
I am guessing his husband (or someone in Alan's family) has POA and was able to sign for Alan as his POA, if Alans name is on the deed.

Did the neighborhood house cams reveal AW's car returning back to his house? I thought not?

Amateur opinion and speculation

from what I recall, the family said that their security cameras did not show AW or the car ever returning to the house.

It does seem rather unbelievable that AW disappeared a mile from his home and was driving a loaner car. I wish we had more publicly released details.

If his name is on a new deed, he would need to sign the mtg documents.
I am guessing his husband (or someone in Alan's family) has POA and was able to sign for Alan as his POA, if Alans name is on the deed.
The POA documents for the sale/purchase are filed with the county for the property transactions. The POAs were created years ago (my guess is because they were not able to be legally married). I am guessing they each had reciprocal POAs.

Just finished all of Alan’s threads. What a perplexing case, at least as far as we know. So many pages of back and forth with so few actual updates from LE/family.

I hope the family gets some resolution soon.
Welcome to websleuths!!! Glad you’re here.
Since you just read through all of it and it’s fresh in your mind, do you have any theories as to what you personally believe has happened/is happening?

Just finished all of Alan’s threads. What a perplexing case, at least as far as we know. So many pages of back and forth with so few actual updates from LE/family.

I hope the family gets some resolution soon.

Same here.

IMO if we knew why the family is silent, we would have some answers.

Did LE find video of the last leg of AW's trip home?

If so, would the video show him either meeting up with someone -voluntarily or involuntarily?

Why go work out on the morning you plan to disappear?

Why gas up your (loaner) car if you plan to disappear without it? He certainly looked relaxed enough on the gas station recording.

How did the car arrive at its final location?

So many questions.

Welcome to websleuths!!! Glad you’re here.
Since you just read through all of it and it’s fresh in your mind, do you have any theories as to what you personally believe has happened/is happening?

I am new and not exactly sure how to add a quote to my message, but this is a response to Dre.

The thing that gets me is...no. No, I just read through everything and I am still absolutely clueless. Or, I guess, full of ideas with nowhere to turn?

Like most people, the thing that sticks out to me is the lack of details. I want to know more about the phone activity, any possible video they haven’t released (or, god forbid, haven’t even discovered), the condition of the car (other than the water and mud, but more details there would great too), and more about just the average temperament/condition of what appears to us strangers as a pretty normal and caring person.

There seems to be a reasonable argument for almost any explanation that has been brought up throughout the threads. There is just....so much of nothing here, if that makes sense? We have video, a car, last known locations, routes, a schedule, local crime reports and statistics...and yet trying to narrow it down to a solid explanation based on the information released just seems...like playing with sand in front of a pyramid.

I hope so badly that LE and the family know more than what they’ve released. The alternative is so sad.

Last edited:
As I ponder AW's case today, I keep going back to that gym. We know that often times attacks are crimes of opportunity. In AW's case, I don't think so. I think someone really disliked him, and I speculate he was followed from the gym.

As I ponder AW's case today, I keep going back to that gym. We know that often times attacks are crimes of opportunity. In AW's case, I don't think so. I think someone really disliked him, and I speculate he was followed from the gym.

Or really liked Alan and followed him. Maybe Alan rebuffed someone and they were angry? Just thinking out loud. All MOO. I’m not really in the foul play camp, not that I’ve ruled it out obviously since we know so little. Where are you Alan?
MOO

I think voluntary disappearance/self harm is least likely. MOO. If it was the latter, and LE did adequate searches around Kitty, I would hope they would have found him. But there have been cases where that ended up being the outcome and LE/search parties missed it, so who knows. I’d need to know more about his home/family life to put that back in my immediate wheelhouse of possibilities. Can’t rule it out.

If foul play, it could have been a personal or a random incident. I don’t suspect anyone close to him because I have no evidence to lead me in that direction. Can’t rule it out. If random, we have nothing substantial to go on, so...can’t rule it out.

I don’t know what to think. I tend toward car jacking, but there just isn’t enough to go on for me to confidently say I have a strong opinion.

I feel like I’m just going to sit on this thread until LE, the family, or someone on WS brings something new to the table :/

ETA: I also should say that you guys are absolutely incredible. Thank you so much for bringing so much attention to every case you watch and for spending so much time thinking about them and working on them. Special shout out to the locals who literally drove the routes and provided specific info to Alan’s threads.

Last edited:
My only reservation about a potential car-jacking is that LE is not saying that. No information or reward leading to an arrest is being sought or offered by LE or the family.

Why the silence?
Could they possibly be compiling evidence "closer to home" than previously expected and don't want to tip their hand? So hopeful that Alan is okay :( and if not, I hope they're coming closer to some answers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214