Found Deceased TX - Alan White, 55, seen leaving LA Fitness, Dallas, 22 Oct 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jmo (and for reasons I posted previously, #702), I think there's a decent chance that the loaner's PVTS system (but not the PCM) had been temporarily activated / enabled by the dealer (possibly to satisfy insurance requirements). If this was the case, LE (with a warrant) might be able to get location/tracking data from PCNA or the dealer via the PVTS and Porsche Connect systems (but not from any "GPS" unit or device built-in to the vehicle)
I wonder if this is how they were able to locate the car. The niece said the car was kind of hidden in a secluded place.

I wonder if this is how they were able to locate the car. The niece said the car was kind of hidden in a secluded place.

Great point. I was always curious how they found the vehicle 13 miles away. Still, it's a shame it took so long to find it. If they had actual tracking data, it may lead them to the perps, or to Alan.

Great point. I was always curious how they found the vehicle 13 miles away. Still, it's a shame it took so long to find it. If they had actual tracking data, it may lead them to the perps, or to Alan.
I was thinking about when the brother said that 'they were getting closer to finding Alan' that they may have his last contact and know who the person is. It may be that person who is responsible for Alan's disappearance. I don't know; and this is pure speculation. However, that would put that statement into context, perhaps.

JMO.

I was thinking about when the brother said that 'they were getting closer to finding Alan' that they may have his last contact and know who the person is. It may be that person who is responsible for Alan's disappearance. I don't know; and this is pure speculation. However, that would put that statement into context, perhaps.

JMO.
Let's hope so!!

The VI said there are other details she could not release. Coupled with the suspicion that the gas station footage was edited leads me to think LE is absolutely on top of this case. Hoping they get the support they need and that answers come soon.

I'm hoping they do have more on the footage from the gas station and are possibly trying to locate someone.

I almost wonder if someone approached him at the gas station on foot. Maybe after he came back to his car from going inside. Perhaps someone asked him for a ride somewhere, and it sounds like Alan was a really nice guy who would maybe do that for someone, even a stranger. And then perhaps this stranger had a weapon and things went south from there. This is all MOO. I am just thinking that if another car was seen on video, it would be easier to track than a person on foot.

If you watch the video of Alan at the racetrack gas station you will see a person in the background. They disappear with the skip of the video. Watch about .19 seconds in and see what you think. The video has either been edited or skips weirdly. Where did this person end up?
Video: Missing Dallas man seen getting gas the morning he disappeared | wfaa.com

Btw— I can’t take credit for noticing this. I picked it up from a comment I saw on an article shared.
I'm hoping they do have more on the footage from the gas station and are possibly trying to locate someone.

I almost wonder if someone approached him at the gas station on foot. Maybe after he came back to his car from going inside. Perhaps someone asked him for a ride somewhere, and it sounds like Alan was a really nice guy who would maybe do that for someone, even a stranger. And then perhaps this stranger had a weapon and things went south from there. This is all MOO. I am just thinking that if another car was seen on video, it would be easier to track than a person on foot.
And if another car it would have had to be left behind or multiple people inside. I’m linking my screen grab of the person I see.

There's been a nationwide uptick in property crime during Covid, and while I agree that carjacking is odd at that time of day, my daughter was recently assaulted at a gas station at 5:45 am (and she said there were at least 6 people working together to beg money and block entries/exits to the convenience store at the gas station - all of them appeared to be tweakers). She goes to the same gas station all the time, and didn't give it a second thought that she was there way earlier than usual.

I should add that where I live, we know there's no point in calling police unless serious injury occurred (she was not seriously injured - it's a type of assault that is happening frequently to women here in California - and elsewhere, it's meant to intimidate, and then someone else comes up and asks for money). The group blocked her ability to get back into her car, so she had to go into the store, where the clerk then walked her out a locked exit and to her car. Even so, she was approached one more time by someone standing at her car window pleading for money, close enough that she feared she would hit them as she left...

Early morning crime is not uncommon for tweakers, apparently. I do think that the sheer lack of other people being around (all day long) gives criminals more opportunity. It's possible that Alan was the only person at a stoplight, for example - or that he did stop for gas and encounter trouble.
Have you seen the video attached at the Twitter link earlier in this thread? Alan is seen getting gas and as he is at his car door, I don’t know if it’s me or he looks like someone has his attention as he seems suspended in mid air looking across at something unless of course that’s the CCTV ? And also , again unless it’s the CCTV, why does he stand next to his car for a few seconds and then totally disappear? Is it a different CCTV camera angle automatically changing to another camera at 30 seconds intervals? It doesn’t look to be the case but it’s super weird.....

I start to think that either Alan got a phone call/message after he left the station and it made him to change hs plans and go somewhere else than his home, or he got home and there was someone waiting for him. The closer to the home we can locate Alan, the smaller get the chances it was a random mugging/carjacking, IMO.

I start to think that either Alan got a phone call/message after he left the station and it made him to change hs plans and go somewhere else than his home, or he got home and there was someone waiting for him. The closer to the home we can locate Alan, the smaller get the chances it was a random mugging/carjacking, IMO.

I am leaning toward this. A clue could be in the VI’s statement - i.e., “his last data usage was at like 6:01 am.”

If he is last seen on the gas station footage shortly before 6, his phone is using data after he leaves. GPS? An app? Social media?

Then in the video with Alan’s mother and husband, Rusty (husband) says he was “worried” when Alan was not home by 615.

This one is a head scratcher for me. Seems awfully quick and neat for a random crime of opportunity.

moo.

He never arrived at home though as the Verified Family Member stated in her post (#738). There are cameras at the front and back of the house and there was no sign of Alan returning home that morning.

I am leaning toward this. A clue could be in the VI’s statement - i.e., “his last data usage was at like 6:01 am.”

If he is last seen on the gas station footage shortly before 6, his phone is using data after he leaves. GPS? An app? Social media?

Then in the video with Alan’s mother and husband, Rusty (husband) says he was “worried” when Alan was not home by 615.

This one is a head scratcher for me. Seems awfully quick and neat for a random crime of opportunity.

moo.

You will be surprised how much data goes in and out of a phone. Just check our apps and their priveleges (permissions).
Their is your mobile network, WiFi, roaming and GPS. Some apps can use the map apps to connect through and leave a data trace.

Have you seen the video attached at the Twitter link earlier in this thread? Alan is seen getting gas and as he is at his car door, I don’t know if it’s me or he looks like someone has his attention as he seems suspended in mid air looking across at something unless of course that’s the CCTV ? And also , again unless it’s the CCTV, why does he stand next to his car for a few seconds and then totally disappear? Is it a different CCTV camera angle automatically changing to another camera at 30 seconds intervals? It doesn’t look to be the case but it’s super weird.....

That video is of such poor pixelated, jumpy, degraded quality, I can't figure out how anyone can really make out anything of value. Other than, maybe, the color of his shirt and shoes.

jmo

That video is of such poor pixelated, jumpy, degraded quality, I can't figure out how anyone can really make out anything of value. Other than, maybe, the color of his shirt and shoes.

jmo
Really ? The one that I saw was really clear . From the photos of him that I have seen, I could make out that it was him and he was wearing different clothes - he had on a red top not grey with shorts. He faces the camera for quite a few seconds and then he is out of sight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cynthialynn13