Found Deceased TX - Alan White, 55, seen leaving LA Fitness, Dallas, 22 Oct 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Really ? The one that I saw was really clear . From the photos of him that I have seen, I could make out that it was him and he was wearing different clothes - he had on a red top not grey with shorts. He faces the camera for quite a few seconds and then he is out of sight

The only clear one I've seen is the one of him leaving the gym.
The one of him at the gas station is full of pixelation, jumps, and entire frames freeze and then skip. (Unless of course AW actually has the power to transport himself, which I highly doubt).
My cheap Ring cam is far better quality than this video.

jmo

So Alan went from the gym to the gas station and then his car was found at another spot. Does anyone know the distance between the gas station (last known location) and the place where his car was found? And what was the time span between the two. (Would be nice if we had a timeline.)
Also, are there search parties happening for Alan? I assume so? Haven't heard them being mentioned though. Depending on the distance between the gas station and the place where his car was found I would assume that people were searching for him between these 2 areas.

So Alan went from the gym to the gas station and then his car was found at another spot. Does anyone know the distance between the gas station (last known location) and the place where his car was found? And what was the time span between the two. (Would be nice if we had a timeline.)

Yes, we know the distances, and yes, we do have a timeline. Grab a cup of coffee and start at the beginning of this thread. There are maps, times, and timelines :)

Last edited:
It's hard to believe that there is so little social media on this. Usually friends and family are blasting social media with a "Find/Missing" Facebook group, Twitter page, IG and Twitter hashtags, etc.. I don't see any of that here.

One thing I actually did get from the Gray Hughes video last night was that these cameras were likely motion activated. No movement- no recording. And sometimes there’s a lapse.
The only clear one I've seen is the one of him leaving the gym.
The one of him at the gas station is full of pixelation, jumps, and entire frames freeze and then skip. (Unless of course AW actually has the power to transport himself, which I highly doubt).
My cheap Ring cam is far better quality than this video.

jmo

One thing I actually did get from the Gray Hughes video last night was that these cameras were likely motion activated. No movement- no recording. And sometimes there’s a lapse.

That's interesting that a business's surveillance cams would be motion activated.
My Ring cams are too, and they're still a thousand times clearer than this gas station video.

That's interesting that a business's surveillance cams would be motion activated.
My Ring cams are too, and they're still a thousand times clearer than this gas station video.
@Ontario Mom , just curious. Can you delete video with your ring easy? I have Arlo and I can with one click.

On the motion- Yea, I agree. I don’t know for sure, that’s just what he said.

Gray pointed out that there were actually several cameras on the gas station building as well. Personally, I see 4. So you’d think there could be more video.
Google Earth Link

Google Earth
#googleearth

Attachments

• 7CA30963-444A-4FA4-88EF-39ED3514C69A.jpeg
    7CA30963-444A-4FA4-88EF-39ED3514C69A.jpeg
    69.5 KB · Views: 52
  • CAC6333E-1094-4D11-AE2A-A143B2E17619.jpeg
    CAC6333E-1094-4D11-AE2A-A143B2E17619.jpeg
    63.8 KB · Views: 49
@Ontario Mom , just curious. Can you delete video with your ring easy? I have Arlo and I can with one click.

On the motion- Yea, I agree. I don’t know for sure, that’s just what he said.

Gray pointed out that there were actually several cameras on the gas station building as well. Personally, I see 4. So you’d think there could be more video.
Google Earth Link

Google Earth
#googleearth

Yep, with a single click, video is deleted. I see at least 8 cams on the building, and several in the gas pump bays. If you go around the corner at zoom in from the Maple Avenue side, there are numerous cams at this location. It's hard to believe a business like this would use motion-activation cams, but maybe they do.

ETA: if you zip around back to the laundry mat & pizza place, you can spot even more cams. So yes, I do believe there is likely more than one video of his brief stop at this gas station.

Last edited:

Your Ring cam footage is immediately uploaded to the cloud. The compression software is superior because of the amount of space available. That gas station cam footage is stored locally and thus can't be of a high quality simply because it would overrun the system.

It's hard to believe that there is so little social media on this. Usually friends and family are blasting social media with a "Find/Missing" Facebook group, Twitter page, IG and Twitter hashtags, etc.. I don't see any of that here.
Agree. It was a lot of social media very very early. Now much, much quieter. No talk of searches throughout. Which seems odd even if presumed deceased. Baffling situation.
I am no help on video analysis. We had a thief on video in our garage and with “crystal clear” night vision camera I couldn’t even tell his race. Wondering when Alan will be found. :(

Bumping this for you. This video seems to be one of the first shared.NEW: Missing Dallas man Alan White’s... - Allie Spillyards NBC5 | Facebook

One thing I noticed last night is that the dome light (interior lights) don’t seem to come on when he opened the door. I’m sort of surprised by that.

EDITED—
Surveillance Video Shows KPMG Executive Moments Before He Vanished
THANK YOU! So much!
It really does seem like the lights inside the car don’t come on! But given the terrible camera it’s so hard to say for sure. If we saw a different car as an example it would help.

I do find the gas station video strange.. after pumping gas he clearly sits in his car for at least 52 seconds (the video cuts) Since whoever on the computer was messing with the time so bad it was hard to get a feel for his demeanor- but still I just kept getting the impression that he was waiting around.

Last edited:
I literally don't know what to post anymore. It seems to be radio silence from LE and family, does that mean there is progress being made behind the scenes? Searches are taking place, we just don't know about them? Sunday will hit the one month mark :(

I see at least 8 cams on the building, and several in the gas pump bays.

Exactly...gas stations have more cameras than banks do. There has to be more video. It’s either not helpful, or we’re not seeing it for a reason. I suspect it’s not helpful, and it just shows Alan driving off as his brother has said.

moo.

Yep, with a single click, video is deleted. I see at least 8 cams on the building, and several in the gas pump bays. If you go around the corner at zoom in from the Maple Avenue side, there are numerous cams at this location. It's hard to believe a business like this would use motion-activation cams, but maybe they do.

ETA: if you zip around back to the laundry mat & pizza place, you can spot even more cams. So yes, I do believe there is likely more than one video of his brief stop at this gas station.
Motion activated cameras conserve recording space. That's a big issue when a camera runs 24 hours a day with any resolution - even more of an issue with multiple cameras.

This notice tells you what is going on in Dallas, sad to say.

"At the request of the Dallas Police Department (DPD), Governor Greg Abbott today directed the Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS) to provide direct support to DPD in their efforts to reduce violent crime and protect the communities in the city of Dallas..."

Governor Abbott Directs DPS Resources To Dallas To Combat Spike In Violent Crime | Office of the Texas Governor | Greg Abbott
Wow—- the good news is DPD asked for help.
Here is what DPS provides. (From article)

DPS will be deploying multiple resources to support this operation, including DPS Special Agents, State Troopers to support DPS gang and drug investigative operations, and a team of DPS Intelligence Analysts. DPS will also provide two helicopters and two patrol planes to provide direct air support and a team of Texas Rangers to support DPD homicide investigations. Additional resources will be made available should they be requested by DPD.

7 homicides in 24 hours last Saturday to Sunday.
Wow...

NH man one of seven slain in 24 hours in Dallas

Dallas police said they were focusing resources in four areas of the city, but Hall declined to name locations, citing officer safety. Police have previously said that the Southeast patrol divisions, which includes parts of South Dallas and Pleasant Grove, and Southwest patrol divisions, which encompasses West Dallas and South Oak Cliff, were seeing the most crime.

Hall said the targeted neighborhoods would be seeing an increase in officer presence. Officers from SWAT, traffic, the fugitive unit and crime response teams will assist in the hotspot policing efforts.

Those areas mentioned are quite concerning. Just searching for tagged posts on Instagram will open your eyes quite a bit to what’s going on there.

In this case, it’s somehow related as that’s where the car was found, but again, anyone in Dallas knows what a dangerous area that is as well. Perfect spot for suspects or perfect spot to dump a car and cast blame on an area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jennilynn321