Found Deceased TX - Alan White, 55, seen leaving LA Fitness, Dallas, 22 Oct 2020

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A comment on the voice article stated the dealership that owns the loaner car AW was driving at the time of his disappearance could not trace the car. Does anyone have knowledge whether a loaner car (an expensive one) would typically have GPS enabled? And, if so how difficult it would be to disable?
Really? Since when can you not trace a Porsche? I don't for even a second, believe this. JMO

ETA: I should have read the entire thread before posting. It seems the car has been found.

It does seem rather odd that someone would be reported missing only a few hours after they were last seen. The only thing I can think of where that makes sense is, if the person had a vitally important meeting or event they didn't show up for. Like a scheduled surgery, or a critically time sensitive meeting with a lawyer - something BIG, that you know they'd never miss on purpose.

That he remains missing a week later without any banking or phone activity, would indicate the missing person report after just a few hours, was the right call of course, but it still seems odd.

jmo
I think the only reason family would sound the alarms so soon would be because he said something to them to alarm them. Possibly a panicked call during an abduction or a threat of self harm.

I think the only reason family would sound the alarms so soon would be because he said something to them to alarm them. Possibly a panicked call during an abduction or a threat of self harm.
Good point, or Alan is just an extremely regimented and dependable person who doesn't deviate from his schedule. Given his occupation, I would expect that.

Hoping we get information as to where they found the car, what condition it was in and if there was anything unusual inside of it ... this is a strange case ... have we heard anything from Alan’s husband? Moo

Hoping we get information as to where they found the car, what condition it was in and if there was anything unusual inside of it ... this is a strange case ... have we heard anything from Alan’s husband? Moo
I wonder if Alan's husband works? Maybe something related to flipping houses since they have done so many?

Abduction seems much more likely than a voluntary disappearance, but you never know.

I’m sure as soon as I say this I’ll get a long list, but who ever heard of anyone abducting 50ish year old men and leaving their expensive sportscar? I would more strongly suspect a voluntary disappearance at this point.

Her case is a mystery to me. I followed and researched intently. I may see what you are thinking if you are thinking what I was but that info never made it anywhere.

This one has a few odd layers. I am also thinking of Jake Cefolia. Missing still, Range Rover abandoned. Just turned 50 and executive. IL - IL - Jake Cefolia, 49, jogging, car found, SVP of United Airlines, Chicago, 6 Aug 2020

Questions-
  • What did Alan do before this position?
  • Has he been working from home?
  • How long are his normal workouts?
  • How busy is gym at that time.
  • Where does he normally park?
  • Any recent staff changes at the gym?
  • It’s been said this was routine for him, was anything else routine after the gym? A coffee, a smoothie stop, etc?
  • How long had his car been in the shop?
  • What did he normally drive?
  • Does he normally use the Porsche connect /and or is familiar with it?
  • Does he workout in earbuds? Have Apple Watch? Fitbit?
  • Does he have a Snapchat?
Awesome research

I understand people want their privacy and are frantically searching but why haven’t we heard from his husband at all? I too wonder if Alan may have said something recently to indicate self harm or was despondent in any way.

Abduction seems much more likely than a voluntary disappearance, but you never know.

I’m sure as soon as I say this I’ll get a long list, but who ever heard of anyone abducting 50ish year old men and leaving their expensive sportscar? I would more strongly suspect a voluntary disappearance at this point.
If someone wants to disappear someone and car-jacking isn't the objective, why not ditch the car? It's pretty distinctive and is going to stand out more than a normal run of the mill white suv.

I'm not ruling out a voluntary disappearance by the way, just voicing my opinion that foul play is more likely.

If someone wants to disappear someone and car-jacking isn't the objective, why not ditch the car? It's pretty distinctive and is going to stand out more than a normal run of the mill white suv.

I'm not ruling out a voluntary disappearance by the way, just voicing my opinion that foul play is more likely.
Well personally, I think anytime someone with what appears to be large sums of money are involved a close look is required. The Daybell case has forever caused me to look at how some view money and life insurance as well.

But, I happen to always ask myself, “what don’t we know”.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ebilling