GUILTY TX - Alanna Gallagher, 6, Saginaw, 1 July 2013 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There have been virtually no updates overnight, there have been no warnimg bells set of to the community, and they are all left upset, and wondering if a killer is on the loose.

What gives?
I dunno, Wondergirl. I thought for sure there'd be an update early this morning. I'd be frantic if I were a resident with children. A child's murder is horrid enough, but a body left on the street? Unless the poor child's body fell out the back of a vehicle, which is a possibility, it would seem a killer is on the loose and playing a very twisted game. Either way, it will leave an indelible mark on the minds of the neighborhood children.

Just bringing forward a quote from late last night.

http://www.star-telegram.com/2013/07/02/4977697/body-of-young-girl-found-in-saginaw.html

John Janus, who lives on Crystal Brook Drive, the next street over to the west, said his 11-year-old daughter attends school with Alanna’s older sister, and that the girl frequently played at his home.

She had brown curly hair and a constant smile.

“She seemed smarter than the average 5-year-old, just because of the questions she’d always ask,” Janus said. “And her parents are nice and very, very smart people. They like books. The last time I was in their home, the front room looked like a library.”

Janus said the father is “a cool guy” with a great sense of humor.

“I walked with him on many a Halloween,” Janus said of the trick-or-treat outings their families shared. “I think that’s a dad thing.”

I am too impatient, I want the person responsible caught now! and....I need an update preferably from LE or the FBI as of an hour ago!

There are 3 little kids in my neighborhood, from 2 different families, who run around like this. There is a park directly behind my house, and the one little girl lives 2 houses from me on my street and the 2 little boys live behind her. So I see them running to and from the park all the time, and I hear the parents calling them just before dark sometimes in the summer. I don't know the parents of the little boys, but the dad of the little girl on my street is a great guy (helps out everyone in the hood, very friendly). He obviously loves his kid, but doesn't think much of her running to the park for long periods of time. But you know, not everybody reads the crap that we read, so this stuff is not the reality for everyone that it is for us. Lots of parents think that if you live in a "nice" neighborhood, the kids will be fine. I wish this was still true. It's not fair to the kids that they are sequestered to the yard these days.

I never really saw her play with other kids,” Kaylee said. “She would always come to my house and knock on the door … . It doesn’t seem real.”
Another neighbor, Derinda, who declined to provide her last name, said there were signs that something wasn’t right at the girl’s home. On Saturday, Derinda was gardening when she heard the girl shouting for help. She was stuck in a tree in her front yard.
The woman went to help the girl, whom she described as a “spitfire.” From the tree, the girl told her neighbor: “Strangers are not to be in my yard. You are not allowed in my yard,” Derinda said.
The woman made a deal with the girl that she would get permission from someone inside her home to help her down, which she did.
The same neighbor said she met the girl’s mother for the first time Monday night. It was after the body had been found, but the mother apparently did not know about the discovery.
http://www.dallasnews.com/news/metr...th-of-young-girl-dumped-on-saginaw-street.ece

Wow. This snippet really stuns me. Did the mother ask her neighbor whether she had seen Alanna? Was she out looking for Alanna and that was the reason for meeting her for the first time?

Our neighbors had just adopted two beautiful little girls that they let roam freely all over the neighborhood. There was an RSO that lived right outside our neighborhood (crime was against a female child child). I saw the couple outside and thought I should let them know about the RSO since their daughters were walking in a field right across from his house. The dad told me "we choose to not know that kind of information" and they both walked away! They continued to let their daughters freely roam. No adult supervision whatsoever for hours on end. I watched those poor babies every time I saw them in that field.

I understand that our children could be taken by someone without a criminal record, but why on earth would someone bury their head in the sand with a KNOWN offender right around the corner?

There are 3 little kids in my neighborhood, from 2 different families, who run around like this. There is a park directly behind my house, and the one little girl lives 2 houses from me on my street and the 2 little boys live behind her. So I see them running to and from the park all the time, and I hear the parents calling them just before dark sometimes in the summer. I don't know the parents of the little boys, but the dad of the little girl on my street is a great guy (helps out everyone in the hood, very friendly). He obviously loves his kid, but doesn't think much of her running to the park for long periods of time. But you know, not everybody reads the crap that we read, so this stuff is not the reality for everyone that it is for us. Lots of parents think that if you live in a "nice" neighborhood, the kids will be fine. I wish this was still true. It's not fair to the kids that they are sequestered to the yard these days.

Between Jessica Ridgeway, in October 2012, and Cherish Perrywinkle, in June 2013, the average person probably didn't even hear about any child abducted or murdered by a predator. Perhaps one or two of those cases makes the national news every year. The case of Sierra Newbold, kidnapped from her bedroom, barely made national news. And there are many people who aren't even aware of Jessica or Cherish's case so for those people, it's probably been a long time since they heard about these specific types of cases. Also, whenever a case like that happens, the media is always reassuring about how rare it is.

Our neighbors had just adopted two beautiful little girls that they let roam freely all over the neighborhood. There was an RSO that lived right outside our neighborhood (crime was against a female child child). I saw the couple outside and thought I should let them know about the RSO since their daughters were walking in a field right across from his house. The dad told me "we choose to not know that kind of information" and they both walked away! They continued to let their daughters freely roam. No adult supervision whatsoever for hours on end. I watched those poor babies every time I saw them in that field.

I understand that our children could be taken by someone without a criminal record, but why on earth would someone bury their head in the sand with a KNOWN offender right around the corner?

The world would be a much better place if so many people didn't 'choose not to know' so many things.

You know what? My initial reaction is ' what idiots' . But thinking about it how much more content and less fearful would all of us at WS be if we did NOT know how many predators and how many lost and dead babies there are? Ignorance is bliss and they are choosing to not live their life in fear and while it may seem loony for some I can somewhat understand it. If I could go back 10 yrs and not know all the stupid crap I've learned from the world wide web I think I'd be pretty content !

I imagine some parents raise their children the way THEY were raised... With more "free time" in the outdoors... It seemed like a more innocent time, then...

Just a thought...

Some say ignorance is bliss.

I tend to agree with that.

The actual odds of a child being snatched & murdered are incredibly low. Even the odds of a child being molested by a non relative are incredibly low. Complete strangers...almost unheard of.

So the odds are actually pretty good a child can go outside and play in a limited area during daylight hours is safe. I was pretty overprotective, mine wasn't allowed to go inside anyone's house, and didn't have limited free roam ( two-three blocks) until he was about 8 and had a cell phone. It was important to me that he was confident and safety conscious without being scared all the time.

Some say ignorance is bliss.

I tend to agree with that.

The actual odds of a child being snatched & murdered are incredibly low. Even the odds of a child being molested by a non relative are incredibly low. Complete strangers...almost unheard of.

So the odds are actually pretty good a child can go outside and play in a limited area during daylight hours is safe. I was pretty overprotective, mine wasn't allowed to go inside anyone's house, and didn't have limited free roam ( two-three blocks) until he was about 8 and had a cell phone. It was important to me that he was confident and safety conscious without being scared all the time.

OT but your inbox is full ;)

I really try not to judge victim's parents parenting style but I am so shocked by this. I just can not comprehend how any parent can allow their 6 year old on their own without a buddy let alone not worry from 2pm to 8pm. To not know if they've eaten, to not know exactly who's home they are playing at, to know that if it's sunny they have sun block reapplied, not fallen and hurt or something. I can't get my head around it. 6 years old is so, so young to fend for yourself.

I don't know about the law in the US, but in the UK it is illegal to leave a child under 12 alone at home for any length of time (and I consider 6 hours a length of time!). If a child should not be left alone in the home for that long, they shouldn't be alone outside the home for anything like that either without being supervised or at the very, very least 'check-in'.

OK rant over. I do truely feel so incredibly bad for this family and for what happened to this little girl. It's beyond comprehension. I don't blame the parents, no one should go through this. I just really wish people would think of all the dangers that children can run into. It only takes one bad thing to happen to change a child's life forever.

I imagine some parents raise their children the way THEY were raised... With more "free time" in the outdoors... It seemed like a more innocent time, then...

Just a thought...

I agree with this, they want their kids to have the freedom and fun they had running around the neigbourhood. You should be able to let your kids out, but you just can't take that risk in reality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JayneDrop