GUILTY TX - Alanna Gallagher, 6, Saginaw, 1 July 2013 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That just gave me the chills. He really could have had her there while they were knocking and looking for her. It brings tears to my eyes.

We need to check the timeline on this. When did the family start knocking on doors? I really thought it was later. And we have CC saying that he saw the tarp in the street "earlier" and thought it was trash. I don't think she lived very long after he took her.

Imo, this kid was checked out and desensitized long long ago and I really doubt that *advertiser censored* had anything to do with it. Besides the homemade garden hose variety, do we know that he was into *advertiser censored*?

Eta--oops...Tricia addressed this already. Fast thread.

I have that… but we haven't watched it in a while, might be a good time to get it back out. Thanks for the reminder.

Imo, this kid was checked out and desensitized long long ago and I really doubt that *advertiser censored* had anything to do with it. Besides the homemade garden hose variety, do we know that he was into *advertiser censored*?

There were suggestive animated images from game screen shots with scantily clad women on his facebook page.

The conversation actually stemmed from someone many, many posts ago going into video games being to blame. The train of thought just progressed from there. Nothing other than his homemade photos have been made public AFAIK.

I get this. When my very smart, very gifted child was in 2nd grade, I went to a parent teacher conference, 6 months pregnant. I knew the teacher had several kids and asked her for advice on how to ease the sibling rivalry. She said "The only I advice I have for you is to pray that the 2nd one is just average. Two geniuses will kill you." No such luck, btw. ;) The youngest will scream at you to stop touching her when you are 2 feet away, just to get the other parent to come running.

My kids are all identified as profoundly gifted. all three of them. When other people with gifted or profoundly gifted kids hear that all three of mine are, they often say, "Oh! I'm so sorry!" It is a lot of work, but I wouldn't trade them for anything.

I am so glad it wasn't the parents and I have to admit that I thought it may have been them. I feel really ashamed about that. I've guess reading so many of these cases I have become cynical. My thoughts and prayers go out to them. As far as *advertiser censored*, drugs, video games, cable shows, ect. Billions of people have these things in their lives daily and they don't commit heinous crimes like this.

I am glad they got the ! I hope they save him so he can sit in prison for a long time!

"Kimberly Holder, who lives at the home with her son but was not there Tuesday morning, told the Fort Worth Star-Telegram that she did not know his condition and referred questions to her attorneys.

One of the attorneys, Lance T. Evans, said in an email to the newspaper that Kimberly Holder was in shock and worried about her son's condition. He declined further comment."

Read more here: http://www.newsobserver.com/2013/07...oots-officer-investigating.html#storylink=cpy

Thank you.

But I did learn and have now incorporated the reason why it's nots permitted here. In the future I will not be doing that. Now I understand the reason why if a person isn't a named suspect we can't infer they are.

I just wish LE would be a little more forth coming in naming persons of interests.

Yes, It takes a while to really figure that out, but yes. In some cases it can be incredibly frustrating, because they don't name anyone. I had a strong sense in this case that LE knew plenty but didn't want to tip their hand.

I guess that turned out to be right on the money.

I think it's worth pointing out that whatever was said about Alanna "roaming the neighborhood," She was only going RIGHT NEXT DOOR to play when she disappeared.

IF the evidence was taken (tape and other stuff) from a family car, that would be very perplexing for LE. I would think until they had another suspect they simply can't rule out family...given those items. Another possibility, is they told family they are not suspects, but wanted to keep that wuiet. It seems like the creep thinking the family is the focus, would be good for them. Not necessarily fair for the family, but I understand if they were playing him.

I imagine that LE tried to reassure the family without giving a lot of information away. I must say though, if this happened to my child, you could gut me in the public opinion and tarnish my reputation forever… if it meant you were going to catch the guy. I'd cooperate in any strategy they thought would work. Even if it meant I had to look guilty and get hauled away in cuffs temporarily to fool the perp.

I really want to thank Saginaw P.D., the Texas Rangers, and the FBI for doing a danm thorough, sensitive, job on this investigation. You got your guy, and we are all more than a bit safer for it.

The Saginaw Community--you held it together, played it close to the vest when asked, and looked out for the Gallagher/McDaniel family.

And to the Gallaghers/McDaniels--Your girl is among the angels and I can see that you know this. You have conducted yourselves with the utmost grace considering the circumstances and it is clear you still have much in this life to hold fast to. We stand with you.

Evans is a criminal defense attorney. I'm guessing he wasn't just retained today.

http://www.egdmlaw.com/Attorneys/Lance-T-Evans.shtml

Interesting. Something to consider ...

.I do have a regular attorney though and if I felt the need for a criminal one a referral is only a phone call away.

If police came to my home repeatedly and questioned my kid several times in connection with a murder, darn straight I'd hire a lawyer...straight away.

Well, I'd say leave them alone and quit asking. It has to be awfully tough for them right now. Tyler's arrest won't bring little Alanna back to them.

Brandon Todd ‏@BrandonToddFOX4 6m Karl Gallagher just told us his family has no comment on the arrest in Alanna's murder case..but may speak about it at a later time. @FOX4

regarding sending Tyler's mom away from the hospital:

Maybe they can’t give her the information because he’s an adult and he can’t consent to any HIPPA forms right now? I know when Amanda Berry, Gina DeJesus & Michelle night were finally freed, Michelle chose not to have her family contacted, and that was her right as an adult. Her mother was in the news saying, “I don’t know where Michelle is.” It was because Michelle didn’t consent to share the information.

Yes, I think it’s HIPPA from this link:http://www.state.sc.us/dmh/hipaa_07/faq.htm

Regardless of whether the entry is in the chart, reporting of abuse or neglect is to be logged as a disclosure in the Accounting Log.* A Consumer has the presumed right to a copy of the Accounting Log.* In the instance of CAF, as a 16 yr old has the capacity to consent to treatment in this state (see DMH Consent Directive), a juvenile age 16 or 17 asserts the privacy rights pertaining to his/her PHI.* So, a 16/17 year old is the one with authority to assert privacy rights (e.g. access to own PHI, copy of Accounting), not the parent.

But I’m not completely sure. Here’s another link. Maybe someone else can figure this out better than I. The HIPAA Privacy Rule and Adolescents: Legal Questions and Clinical Challenges

ScottGordonNBC5 ‏@ScottGordonNBC5 1m Is there a SECOND suspect in Alanna Gallagher's murder in #Saginaw? What NBC 5 has learned, tonight at 10. @NBCDFW

Wonder where his mom is now?

Can't even imagine what's she's going through.

I think the families of the perps are usually the most forgotten victims. My heart hurts for all involved.

regarding sending Tyler's mom away from the hospital:

Maybe they can’t give her the information because he’s an adult and he can’t consent to any HIPPA forms right now? I know when Amanda Berry, Gina DeJesus & Michelle night were finally freed, Michelle chose not to have her family contacted, and that was her right as an adult. Her mother was in the news saying, “I don’t know where Michelle is.” It was because Michelle didn’t consent to share the information.

Yes, I think it’s HIPPA from this link:http://www.state.sc.us/dmh/hipaa_07/faq.htm

But I’m not completely sure. Here’s another link. Maybe someone else can figure this out better than I. The HIPAA Privacy Rule and Adolescents: Legal Questions and Clinical Challenges

My guess, if he's shot in the head, he's in no shape to do much of anything. His parent should know his condition. IMO

ScottGordonNBC5 ‏@ScottGordonNBC5 1m Is there a SECOND suspect in Alanna Gallagher's murder in #Saginaw? What NBC 5 has learned, tonight at 10. @NBCDFW

I really hate when they tease something important like ANOTHER SUSPECT to get ratings later in the evening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DD1908