GUILTY TX - Alanna Gallagher, 6, Saginaw, 1 July 2013 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. Hippa or not, I think they would at least let her stay, even if they aren't giving her any info. Before becoming a mom, I worked at a large hospital in downtown Dallas, we've dealt with situations with parents all the time. I've only seen security ask two people to leave in my 3 years there. 1} was ex-bf yelling at ex-gf in ER, and 2} was a drunk parent threatening the staff. I think there is something more to this than they just asked her to leave. LE either thinks she knows more than she is telling, or she got downright ugly with LE and/or hospital staff. jmo

BBM

That's my guess. Probably no one could calm her down. She's in shock, maybe denial. She finds out her son has murdered and raped a child, and he is now nearly dead himself. Wow!

Someone I know was charged with attempted murder and hospitalized when they found him (he had attempted suicide after the shooting). It took over a week before they would even tell his mother what hospital he was in, and almost another week before she was told his condition. She was never allowed to see him until after he was released from the hospital and officially arrested. It was more than a month that she had to wait to see him after only being told that he had been found unconscious with a head injury.

whoa, that is unreal, really?

IMO - the police are doing the right thing by not allowing the Mom to see her son. He tried to kill officers, he murdered a young girl, he is in police custody. He is a danger to others, probably himself too. Who knows who helped him with his crimes. If the suspect were just arrested and at a police station, Mom wouldn't be able to see him either. The police have an investigation to conduct. They are doing the right thing and there is nothing unusual about it. JMO

Safe Side SuperChick!!! :rockon::rockon:

Hands down the best personal safety program I have seen. *love* how they break it down to "don't knows" and "kinda knows" instead of stranger danger.

it sunk in better than ANYthing else ever did....at almost 10 she still says "they are a kind of know right?"
(It helped that we had young firemen neighbors at one point who told her "hey, we are your neighbors, but we're strangers, you can't talk to us unless your mom knows and says it's ok" I almost kissed them!...but that would have been weird)

From NBC5 @ 10pm:

"Holder may have had some help...."

"LE looking for 2nd possible suspect".....

Live local ABC affiliate broadcast said Holder is in critical condition.
www.wfaa.com

person he reached out to said he just texted her with 'what are you up to' nothing important

http://www.myfoxdfw.com/

stating investigators intentionally leave out things in affidavits to protect the investigation. In response to: was there another person involved.

From NBC5 @ 10pm:

"Investigation remains very active tonight.....LE believes he may have had at least one accomplice...."

From NBC5 @ 10pm:

"LE sources are actively looking for at least 1 more suspect because his car never left driveway.....so how did her body get mile & a half away?"

From NBC5 @ 10pm:

...bullet may have gone through Holder's chin and missed his brain.....

My question is that if they believe he acted alone, why would they be tightlipped about his condition? I wonder if they're trying to make someone else wonder if he's talking. I know he was shot in the head, but these people don't seem very bright. At the very least, the not knowing might cause someone to panic.

From NBC5 @ 10pm:

.....possibility of 2nd suspect has neighbors still scared......

If his condition was so critical that he was close to death, wouldn't they let the mother see him one last time? I wonder if his condition isn't as critical as they are saying?

regarding sending Tyler's mom away from the hospital:

Maybe they can’t give her the information because he’s an adult and he can’t consent to any HIPPA forms right now? I know when Amanda Berry, Gina DeJesus & Michelle night were finally freed, Michelle chose not to have her family contacted, and that was her right as an adult. Her mother was in the news saying, “I don’t know where Michelle is.” It was because Michelle didn’t consent to share the information.

Yes, I think it’s HIPPA from this link:http://www.state.sc.us/dmh/hipaa_07/faq.htm

But I’m not completely sure. Here’s another link. Maybe someone else can figure this out better than I. The HIPAA Privacy Rule and Adolescents: Legal Questions and Clinical Challenges

Under the HIPAA privacy rule, adolescents who legally are adults (aged 18 or older) and emancipated minors can exercise the rights of individuals;

I'd also imagine he's not in any condition to send her away. Either he's so critical that she can't be there or deceased or under such heavy guard that she is only allowed short visits...IMO

From NBC5 @ 10pm:

...bullet may have gone through Holder's chin and missed his brain.....

Well I guess if he makes it then he will be able to stand trial.
He is unlikely then to suffer brain damage.

IMO - the police are doing the right thing by not allowing the Mom to see her son. He tried to kill officers, he murdered a young girl, he is in police custody. He is a danger to others, probably himself too. Who knows who helped him with his crimes. If the suspect were just arrested and at a police station, Mom wouldn't be able to see him either. The police have an investigation to conduct. They are doing the right thing and there is nothing unusual about it. JMO

But I would expect she would be cared for by a counsellor/social worker somewhere in the hospital. Not asked to leave the hospital.

That's it for this story on NBC tonight. I'm going to have a drink. Ugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx