GUILTY TX - Alanna Gallagher, 6, Saginaw, 1 July 2013 - #12

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, good question. I don't know why it would be listed elsewhere, or omitted from the list.

What are the reasons the list is released to the public in the first place? Why are they a matter of public record?

Knowing that they can be sealed, can they be partially sealed? I bet Gitana1 would know.

bbm: I'm thinking that it MIGHT be (not sure), because the warrant is authorization only to seize designated types of items and normally in relation to a specific charge ... so, for the sake of keeping within the scope of the warrant (and avoiding legal challenges), the protocol might be not to list other, illegal-but-not-specified-on-the-warrant items in the return list of warrant items seized.

Your questions above are good ones, and I'm not sure of the answers -- yeah, Gitana1 is a good go-to here!

Just hinky.
and I also thought betrayal of his daughter. Much as his grandson is a rapist murderer, his daughter needs him.jmo
I am thinking there was probably a pull between KH mom and dad in a custody situation at some point. KH dad seemed to try and help her ~bought her a trailer for her and TH to have a place of their own to live. After the falling out it seems the relationship for whatever reason was never mended. TH grandpa I'm sure, as others have said, kept up on them however he could through family members and others.
As for KH needing her dad, well, I may sound cold hearted but she walked out from him and doesn't appear she ever looked back. It appears from reading the article with his comments, that he needed her in his life, too. There comes a time when you realize that if someone needs you in their life it might just be for what you can do for them or provide them with, and trust me when I say that gets old really fast, regardless of what the bloodline says.

Respect goes both ways. Don't expect it from me indefinitely if you're not willing to give it in return.

MOO

This is very interesting.

First of all, I am so glad that there were extra personnel available that day, that Lodatto received excellent care at the scene and that he is doing well. These first responders deserve our thanks and respect for the job they do under tremendous pressure.

Second, I am amazed at the report that TH was awake, uncooperative and spitting at firefighters after he had been shot. The phrase "shot in the head" or even "shot in the chin" conjure up mental pictures of someone in no condition to react at all. I just assumed TH was unconscious from his gunshot injury. Since that doesn't seem to be the case, I'm wondering if the chin shot could have been as minor as a glancing or even grazing blow across the underside of the chin, not much of an injury at all?

But then we have later reports that he was in critical and then serious condition. Hmmmm. Thoughts, anyone? Am I missing something obvious?

critical condition is common after surgery, etc. It does not necessarily mean (as we nurses say to one another in icu) he was "circling the drain".

serious just means that he has improved.

:twocents:

I should also say that I could not view the videos others have talked about with TH moving around on the gurney so I couldn't judge anything from that.

I took a couple of screenshots if it will help. One of his arms, one of when he puts his hand to his face. Sorry I couldn't get better it happened so fast.

Attachments

• arm2.JPG
    arm2.JPG
    20.5 KB · Views: 159
  • hand.JPG
    hand.JPG
    16.9 KB · Views: 158
I am thinking there was probably a pull between KH mom and dad in a custody situation at some point. KH dad seemed to try and help her ~bought her a trailer for her and TH to have a place of their own to live. After the falling out it seems the relationship for whatever reason was never mended. TH grandpa I'm sure, as others have said, kept up on them however he could through family members and others.
As for KH needing her dad, well, I may sound cold hearted but she walked out from him and doesn't appear she ever looked back. It appears from reading the article with his comments, that he needed her in his life, too. There comes a time when you realize that if someone needs you in their life it might just be for what you can do for them or provide them with, and trust me when I say that gets old really fast, regardless of what the bloodline says.

Respect goes both ways. Don't expect it from me indefinitely if you're not willing to give it in return.

MOO

Imo i agree!
family problems can run very deep as well as the wounds and are really not fully understood by outsiders.

First of all, I am so glad that there were extra personnel available that day, that Lodatto received excellent care at the scene and that he is doing well. These first responders deserve our thanks and respect for the job they do under tremendous pressure.

Second, I am amazed at the report that TH was awake, uncooperative and spitting at firefighters after he had been shot. The phrase "shot in the head" or even "shot in the chin" conjure up mental pictures of someone in no condition to react at all. I just assumed TH was unconscious from his gunshot injury. Since that doesn't seem to be the case, I'm wondering if the chin shot could have been as minor as a glancing or even grazing blow across the underside of the chin, not much of an injury at all?

But then we have later reports that he was in critical and then serious condition. Hmmmm. Thoughts, anyone? Am I missing something obvious?

Could have hit his spine

Could have been suggesting from brain swelling from concussive force. That often makes even normal people combative.

He could have just been a complete
conscious jackass

All IMO

He wanted to die and they didn't kill him. Now he needs to reveal everything or go to trial. He better plead guilty. JMO

rsbm

Maybe, but it states "And affiant has good reason to believe and does believe that the following property and item(s) <snipped> contains evidence of Capital Murder.

There are numerous other phones taken in the search warrant, but none have a seperate warrant saying they believe contain evidence of Capital Murder.

They would have no way of knowing if there is evidence on that phone without a search warrant. LE got the results on Sat of the DNA , but I don't think Tuesday would be soon enough to get a search warrant and get the info back from the cell provider.

What is possible is that they got a search warrant from the cell provider almost immediately to trace his phone.

LE just can't go get info because they want to. That would be illegal search and seizure. Forbidden.

I was so hoping that drugs were being searched for, but that is not the case, apparently.

So, the little darling was not drugged as I had so hoped.

Sounds like a depressing house. Dimly lit, shades pulled. A house of horrors.

Yes, good question. I don't know why it would be listed elsewhere, or omitted from the list.

What are the reasons the list is released to the public in the first place? Why are they a matter of public record?

Knowing that they can be sealed, can they be partially sealed? I bet Gitana1 would know.

I'm back a few pages, but remember reading this:

"A judge ordered the probable cause affidavits for the search warrants sealed. Lists of items taken when a search warrant is executed cannot be sealed under state law".

http://crimeblog.dallasnews.com/201...note-to-his-mother-police-documents-say.html/

BBM: The article doesn't go into legal detail, but I'm assuming THAT is the law in Texas.

Quoting myself here. You can clearly see him flailing about in the back of the ambulance in the video I mention. I'm unsure if this means his condition is underplayed or if it was shock/result of injury and his condition deteriorated. I'm starting to think he was not as seriously injured as first thought.

I'm sorry but I don't see him flailing about. I see the Medic's arm moving on the right side (inside the Ambulance).

I also wonder if he was truly spitting. If your shot and blood is coming out of your nose and mouth and your tried to talk would the blood come out as though you were spitting??

ETA: I just saw your screenshots ... great catch and your right it must happen really fast because I didn't see it. :thumbsup:

There has to be drugs there. I think the place was cleared (of drugs) after LE showed up there early on. JMO

I was so hoping that drugs were being searched for, but that is not the case, apparently.

So, the little darling was not drugged as I had so hoped.

Sounds like a depressing house. Dimly lit, shades pulled. A house of horrors.

I actually thought HE was high when LE showed up. I can't see him up and at em before 9 am but maybe he scrambled out of bed with LE pounding at the door for him (if that's how it happened).

I'm sorry but I don't see him flailing about. I see the Medic's arm moving on the right side (inside the Ambulance).

I also wonder if he was truly spitting. If your shot and blood is coming out of your nose and mouth and your tried to talk would the blood come out as though you were spitting??

ETA: I just saw your screenshots ... great catch and your right it must happen really fast because I didn't see it. :thumbsup:

Honestly I didn't see the first few times I watched it. It does happen really fast. Only after someone posted a screenshot of him being wheeled out to the ambulance, and the discussion about his facial injury did I look for the video again. And only after watching it 20+ times did it become very clear to me.

The injury I suppose could cause him to have issues controlling his saliva in general.....but the firefighters/medics also described him as "uncooperative". You can usually tell the difference between a lack of control due to someone's medical state, and a patient being outright aggressive (such as spitting at you, trying to bite you, etc). I don't think I can give him the benefit of the doubt on much, including this.

The first responders did an excellent job! Bless them and thanking the Lord there was extra staff on duty that day. More than 10 people cramped in a 10x12 foot room with dim lighting! They had to think and act quick...and they did!

If TH was shot beneath the chin and was bleeding from his mouth and nose, I would think that "spitting" blood wasn't just at the officers. He was probably swallowing/choking on a good amount of blood. Tsk, tsk.

TH being upgraded to serious from critical means he is not in an Intensive Care Unit (ICU) where he was being tended to 24/7 probably by at least two nurses full time. He probably had some type of surgery to shunt off the bleeding and probably had a tracheotomy. IMO

Serious condition would mean that he doesn't require the level of intense medical oversight that an ICU provides.

I'm guessing he is getting nutrition either IV: Total Parental Nutrition or has an NG or PEG tube placed for nutrition, while the facial wounds heal. Again, JMO.

The injury I suppose could cause him to have issues controlling his saliva in general.....but the firefighters/medics also described him as "uncooperative". You can usually tell the difference between a lack of control due to someone's medical state, and a patient being outright aggressive (such as spitting at you, trying to bite you, etc). I don't think I can give him the benefit of the doubt on much, including this.

I didn't give him the benefit of the doubt either about how "cooperative" he may have been, but then there is the vid of him being loaded into the ambulance. Seems only one hand may be cuffed to the gurney, the other hand appears free. If he was being uncooperative, I would have thought that both hands would have been shackled. :dunno:

Thank you for posting this I was just going to do the same.

A rookie on a 'ride along' could tell the difference between someone blowing out body fluids and someone who was aggressive.

I think the officers involved in this deserve a medal of honor for not going into overkill and just shooting TH to death.

Took a lot of restraint on their behalf. Speaks to their training and mental strength.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lizz28