GUILTY TX - Alanna Gallagher, 6, Saginaw, 1 July 2013 - #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is that the same white car that was in his driveway where someone was flipping off the cameras? Was it a google map pic im thinking of?

I think that's right. So it's apparently a friend of TH, not his mom.

Y'all do realize that, if someone wanted to take a child and frame Tyler for it, all they had to do was visit with him, get him good and stoned, walk out with a few things from his house ... including used condoms ...

Not saying this is what happened, just thinking ...

I would think if he was framed and innocent , he would not have met LE at the door with a loaded handgun when they came knocking...... moo of course .

I don't see how there couldn't be an accomplice, given the difficulty of transporting her body to where she was found. I don't know where all the cameras are, but I've been in the neighborhood enough to think and hope that someone, live or digital, must've seen *something*.

I hunger for answers as part of trying to make sense of a senseless act. It won't bring Alanna back to know what happened to her and why, but hopefully it will bring justice.

:( You are right. The best thing that can be done in this hopeless situation is to make sure ANYONE responsible, even in the smallest way, is tried and convicted for their part.

I think it is a capital murder case because 1) it may be premeditated 2) happening in the commission of another felony (sexual assault on a child) 3) the victim was a child 6 years of age. 4) kidnapping of an underage child.

Yes, we've talked a lot about the definition of capitol murder in Texas, I can link you back to those discussions below. The reason Skibaboo brought this quote up from the past is because backwoods was trying to remember if the the idea that Alanna had been hosed off was a rumor or fact. It is in fact a theory, that both skibaboo and I threw out in the last thread. It's based on the fact that the arrest warrant says Allana's "entire body and clothing were wet with an unknown liquid"

here's a link to the arrest warrant, that quote comes the 5th page of the pdf file (as one scrolls down and counts gaps) http://www.saginaw-texas.com/tyler-holder-capital-murder-arrest-warrant-affidavit/

What you are saying is true, OceanBlue, but this case was unusual in that she was found BEFORE she was reported missing. So in the defense of those who were leaning toward it being her parents, the theory was that they were covering up an accident by making it look like abduction and murder.

Now, of course we all know that's not true, but if it had been, the "missing and abducted" statistics would have been irrelevant, because she wouldn't ever have actually been missing. That would have been a coverup. And we certainly know of cases where children go missing and parents are seriously suspected, Baby Lisa Irwin and Kyron Horman are two good examples.

I agree on some aspects you have listed. Most children who go missing aren't reported missing until 2-3 hours has passed. I would think some of that time is assuming :( the child is out playing somewhere and will safely return home or the parent(s) will first start searching the neighborhood for their missing child before contacting 911.

Also most missing/abducted children who were found murdered aren't usually found this quickly.

So I do agree that it is different in a couple of aspects.

Yes, we've talked a lot about the definition of capitol murder in Texas, I can link you back to those discussions below. The reason Skibaboo brought this quote up from the past is because backwoods was trying to remember if the the idea that Alanna had been hosed off was a rumor or fact. It is in fact a theory, that both skibaboo and I threw out in the last thread. It's based on the fact that the arrest warrant says Allana's "entire body and clothing were wet with an unknown liquid"

here's a link to the arrest warrant, that quote comes the 5th page of the pdf file (as one scrolls down and counts gaps) http://www.saginaw-texas.com/tyler-holder-capital-murder-arrest-warrant-affidavit/

Thank you for replying and for providing the link. I will read the arrest warrant again.

Do you think he possibly could have soaked her down in something like anti-bacterial Dawn in hopes to remove all DNA evidence?

I would think by now the lab has been able to determine what the liquid was. I am sure the ME took a sample of it from Alanna's skin during the time of autopsy.

Thank you for replying and for providing the link. I will read the arrest warrant again.

Do you think he possibly could have soaked her down in something like anti-bacterial Dawn in hopes to remove all DNA evidence?

I would think by now the lab has been able to determine what the liquid was. I am sure the ME took a sample of it from Alanna's skin during the time of autopsy.

Yeah, I'm sure they know by now what it was. We've had a number of theories, including urine (because urine was taken in the search warrant at her parents home, but NOT at later Tyler's home - whatever that means)

But no doubt the idea that he was trying to destroy DNA has been considered from a number of angles. I thought of hand sanitizer, torch lamp oil has been thrown out, other accelerants were considered - because perhaps he'd planned to burn the tarp and its contents.

Bleach has been considered, because samples of water (ETA: and chemicals) from the family hot tub were taken…

Lots of ideas, but no conclusions.

I am totally hoping that too!! I'm certain LE wouldn't necessarily tell us, but it seems highly unlikely that there aren't ANY around that neighborhood.

I'm confused about on which corner the tarp was found. The arrest warrant says the Southwest corner of Cindy Lane and Roundrock, on the south side of the street. I guess, because of the way the crime scene photo from overhead is oriented, I really had been thinking she was on the southeast corner.

I think I have it straightened out in my head now. I rotated the overhead crime scene photo so it's oriented the same way as the map (although this makes the picture sideways)

If these are wrong, someone please tell me!! I don't want to perpetuate incorrect stuff.

Thanks.

Thanks for that. I have a hard time orienting things in my head sometimes, too.:seeya:

I have not followed this case as close as most of you. Something has been nagging at me and I don't know the exact quote from the detectives but it was something to the effect of TH told them he went job searching that day due to cameras it was proved he hadn't. I have wonder if that meant they looked at the cameras from earlier in the day and the car didn't move during the day. If that is so there is still the possibility that the car moved after she went missing and returned quite quickly. Which would also make the statement true. anybody think it's possible the car moved? It was the woriing for the statement that got me thinking this. I may be way off.

I have not followed this case as close as most of you. Something has been nagging at me and I don't know the exact quote from the detectives but it was something to the effect of TH told them he went job searching that day due to cameras it was proved he hadn't. I have wonder if that meant they looked at the cameras from earlier in the day and the car didn't move during the day. If that is so there is still the possibility that the car moved after she went missing and returned quite quickly. Which would also make the statement true. anybody think it's possible the car moved? It was the woriing for the statement that got me thinking this. I may be way off.

It is in the arrest warrant. It states LE collected data from the 2 camera's at either end of Babbling Brook Drive on the day of the murder. Holder claimed he left his residence to fill out an employment application, but his vehicle had not left Babbling Brook Drive on 1st July.

In my opinion in the interview when TH said he went to fill employment applications out, LE must have asked him if he went in his his car, or how he got there. And TH must have said he went in his car. Having reviewed the footage from the camera's LE knows that his car never left Babbling Brook Drive that day.

The search warrant says, "Affiant also noted that Investigators with the Tarrant County District Attorney's Office and the Federal Bureau of Investigation analyzed and collected data on two video surveillance systems located at 6*04 Babbling Brook, south end of the street, and 66*1 Babbling Brook, north end of the street. Affiant noted HOLDER claims he left his residence to fill out an employment application, but his vehicle, a 2005 Dodge Magnum bearing Texas license plates XXXXXX, has not left Babbling Brook Drive on July 1st 2013."

http://www.saginaw-texas.com/tyler-holder-capital-murder-arrest-warrant-affidavit/

ITA There's one in every neighborhood, that creepy kid who everyone knows just isn't right. Yet, when a child turned up dead, no one posted about TH (or other possible POI's right under their nose). Too many were far more pleased to raise unwarranted suspicions about parents with no history of past bad deeds. It wasn't until after his arrest that the stories about TH came out of the woodwork. Why?

Because they were giving info to LE and not to the public. A local poster on here told us that. Randomtexan, I believe, is the poster.

The poster said she gave information on here and it was deleted.

Because they were giving info to LE and not to the public. A local poster on here told us that. Randomtexan, I believe, is the poster.

The poster said she gave information on here and it was deleted.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure other posters have said that they were suspicious of him early on, having looked at his Facebook, but because of TOS, no one could say so.

I think he fantasized about doing this for awhile.

I think he thought he was not going to be found out.

Who has chemicals at home that destroy DNA? I am sure we all do, but would you know that? Some do, but we are talking TH here. He looked into it.

I like the theory he used a stolen belt.

Perhaps LE does not test a lot of areas for DNA, but in this case I think they have because of the possibility of an accomplice.

On the search warrant, they seized gloves, so he had those available.

Whoever put the body where it was found was not worried about getting caught.

I think he fantasized about doing this for awhile.

I think he thought he was not going to be found out.

Who has chemicals at home that destroy DNA? I am sure we all do, but would you know that? Some do, but we are talking TH here. He looked into it.

I like the theory he used a stolen belt.

Perhaps LE does not test a lot of areas for DNA, but in this case I think they have because of the possibility of an accomplice.

On the search warrant, they seized gloves, so he had those available.

Whoever put the body where it was found was not worried about getting caught.

I'm inclined to disagree with this bit. I think the body dump site (sorry sweetie) was chosen out of panic, not out of an arrogant feeling of invincibility. Or to put it another way, I think the dumper was less worried about where the body was put than he/she was about getting caught with the body still in their possession. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx