GUILTY TX - Alanna Gallagher, 6, Saginaw, 1 July 2013 - #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The warrant has an item they took. Bathroom trap from sink. hmmm why no other drains? Hey, maybe they went back and got more with another warrant...I hope they release the next one.

Yeah, I noticed that, too, because I was wondering what evidence they'd be likely to find -- in this type of case -- in the drain trap.

And if they did expect it likely they'd find something, why only that drain? Something that stood out about it -- "Tyler's" bathroom, strange substance on or close to ...?

I kept wondering today if they just have to wait until Tyler can talk like the LE stated it would be at least 3 months and that would be amazing or something like that.

His condition sounds different since the last release. got me?

:seeya: definitely got you.

I imagine they are making attempts to communicate with him, for sure. Yep.

Refresh page. lol

Maybe he's worse than not reported or he has a longer recovery?

Or maybe his writing hand was hurt too when he fell down?

Or his lawyers are playing the medical game imo...My client suffered a gunshot to his head. How's a prosecution to fight that unless they get to examine him physically and mentally. At least 3 months, right...he's protected well. omg

The home security cameras that captured the dark cars were on the street where Alanna was found.

PLEASE correct me f I'm wrong. :seeya:

I believe it's on the street where her house is, not where she was found.

Thank you Jenny for the correction, I'll fix my post.

Just pondering here -- because, to tell the truth, I've never gotten straight in my head all the details of trash pick up -- when it actually happened in the neighborhood where Alanna was left, the street/intersection she was at:

Wondering if the tarp bundle was left in time for pickup but somehow trash guys missed it or even, picking it up, felt something was "not right" and left it -- maybe intending to report it (or maybe even reporting it but the neighbors investigated before any results)?

I wonder if sanitation workers on those trucks receive any special training about what to do if they notice something suspicious -- a specific odor, particularly heavy bag, lots of flies, anything that really seems "off" -- though I know they must come across LOTS that they don't care to get too close to, even among the "normal" stuff.

IMO, they ought to be given some guidelines about it, because it sure seems to be a common way perps choose.

Imo there wasn't an odor from Alanna.'s body.

I swear I read that the dark cars were captured going towards Alanna's body.
I'm re reading again. :)

Imo there wasn't an odor from Alanna.'s body.

Likely not, but I was just speaking of cases where this happens ("in the trash"), generally.

But the bundle could have felt strange, could have been beginning to attract insects, etc. (RIP little one)

I agree with you here. What I mean is that it wasn't like he was avoided and feared overall. He freaked out some parents and kids, definitely.

Some here had suspected him all along but not a majority. There were many more posts about possible parent involvement, Opal's killer, etc. than about him.

This sudden outpouring of how horrible he was in the neighborhood just doesn't seem to match what we saw prior to his arrest. He did not stick out like a sore thumb, ya know? We heard rumors about him mowing lawns in the neighborhood, I can't imagine anyone letting him do that if he was known to be bad in the neighborhood.

He's a bad egg, absolutely agreed. I'm sure he did many smaller bad things prior to this (and maybe other bigger things, to be learned over time). I think either his mom helped smooth some ruffled feathers or LE not doing anything when he acted out let things die down.
ITA There's one in every neighborhood, that creepy kid who everyone knows just isn't right. Yet, when a child turned up dead, no one posted about TH (or other possible POI's right under their nose). Too many were far more pleased to raise unwarranted suspicions about parents with no history of past bad deeds. It wasn't until after his arrest that the stories about TH came out of the woodwork. Why?

You know something else that has occurred to me. If TH did such a haphazard job in getting rid of Alanna why wouldn't they have found more of his DNA on her? You would think that his DNA would have been all over her. But if I remember correctly they only listed in two separate places. I know that this all they needed, but I find that odd. IMO

I recall in the Rebecca Zahau case, the investigators admitted that they didn't test every inch of the rope she was hung with. I'm not sure how they decide where to take swabs for testing and where they don't. I do think he made some effort to clean her off, but it's just a theory, and I don't have details.

I am guessing because he used some sort of liquid to get rid of DNA on her body.

I believe I read Holder washed the body off with a hose! but I could be wrong maybe I got the stories mixed up....

I think I theorized that, but it certainly isn't a fact! I know how muddy everything gets when you've read 13 threads…

I read a true story once and now cannot remember where this happened except in a wealthy place in Michigan.

A man wanted to be superintendent of schools, but his daughter and her hubby were drug addicts. He thought that would destroy his chances , so he put them in a vat of lye. Can't remember anything else about it.

Easy Off type oven cleaner (any brand) is mostly lye. It will burn your skin if you get it on you. Lye is a base, the opposite of an acid on a Ph scale. Esessentially eat a hole in your skin if you don't get it off. Bleach is also a base.

ps. I think the body was left on purpose. Right there, on purpose.

I agree, but I think the location was chosen either because no one happened to be around when the vehicle transporting Alanna got to that stop sign, so it was an opportunity to dump her unnoticed, and/or because the person leaving her there thought she would get picked up with the trash.

I don't think the location had any meaningful significance, but I could be wrong. Are you thinking something else?

I think they were found with the body.
Not on the body but with it. Imo

That's what I think too. The search warrant described "the victims entire body and clothing were wet with an unknown liquid." Some have theorized that that was referring to the purple underwear, but I immediately interpreted it to mean that her wet clothing was in the bag with her, but not on her. That's just an assumption on my part, and I could be wrong.

I also assume that the small pink sock seized in the search is Alanna's, but we'll see.

Just pondering here -- because, to tell the truth, I've never gotten straight in my head all the details of trash pick up -- when it actually happened in the neighborhood where Alanna was left, the street/intersection she was at:
. RSBM

I don't think anyone has gotten it straight about when the trash was picked up. It's definitely a detail I would love to pin down for certain.

I swear I read that the dark cars were captured going towards Alanna's body.
I'm re reading again. :)

You are right. The Star Telegram implies that:

SAGINAW — Police continued to search Monday for two drivers in black cars that were seen in a neighborhood where the body of 6-year-old Alanna Gallagher was dumped in the street earlier this month.

Authorities released photographs of the two cars taken from a home security surveillance camera near Roundrock Drive and Cindy Lane, where Alanna’s body was found on July beneath a tarp. One was a four-door black car and the other was a two-door vehicle, police said.

Read more here: http://www.star-telegram.com/2013/0...police-looking-for-drivers.html#storylink=cpy

And then the search warrant lists the two surveillance cameras as being at the North and South end of Babbling Brook. Some super sleuther's here identified the home where the video stills were captured as being on babbling brook before the warrant was released though.

Yes Palm, I think the body was dropped off there because of the likely trash pick up. And because of the ease of dropping something off right there. I also agree with you bout her clothing.

You are right. The Star Telegram implies that:

Read more here: http://www.star-telegram.com/2013/0...police-looking-for-drivers.html#storylink=cpy

And then the search warrant lists the two surveillance cameras as being at the North and South end of Babbling Brook. Some super sleuther's here identified the home where the video stills were captured as being on babbling brook before the warrant was released though.

What I'm hoping is that, unbeknownst to us, there really IS a cam at that other location!!

I lost my KH link to recipes. I found one we tried. Cilantro, Lime Chicken. It worked. The other I tried because the grandchildren were coming home after a 3 week vacay with the other in laws.

That was the worst recipe to follow because it had heart killer ingredients. Peanut Butter, Oreo Cookies, Brownie mix. Not good for you at all. I ate 1/4 of one. It's sick...

ITA There's one in every neighborhood, that creepy kid who everyone knows just isn't right. Yet, when a child turned up dead, no one posted about TH (or other possible POI's right under their nose). Too many were far more pleased to raise unwarranted suspicions about parents with no history of past bad deeds. It wasn't until after his arrest that the stories about TH came out of the woodwork. Why?

BBM

IDK. I really think people feel safer placing the blame on the parents, that means there is no boogie man. And then so many parents are guilty. It's gonna be a hard habit to break.

I lost my KH link to recipes. I found one we tried. Cilantro, Lime Chicken. It worked. The other I tried because the grandchildren were coming home after a 3 week vacay with the other in laws.

That was the worst recipe to follow because it had heart killer ingredients. Peanut Butter, Oreo Cookies, Brownie mix. Not good for you at all. I ate 1/4 of one. It's sick...

Did I miss something? LOL

never mind -- I remember now! Pinterest, right?

Aww, little Alanna. RIP

What you don't hear sometimes is good news. I hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member