GUILTY TX - Alanna Gallagher, 6, Saginaw, 1 July 2013 - #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
About the unknow liquid, I know that in one of the search warrants didnt LE obtain water from a Hot Tub ? Or am I remembering wrong ? I thought that of interest and now we know why............

Yes they did. The very first search at the parents house

With all of the evidence left for police to find at TH's residence, where are Alanna's clothes? :(

With all of the evidence left for police to find at TH's residence, where are Alanna's clothes? :(

I believe I read Holder washed the body off with a hose! but I could be wrong maybe I got the stories mixed up....

No reports to that effect, IIRC, but I do remember someone here theorizing along those lines.

To come in on the first page of a new thread tonight....and be slapped in the face with Alanna's beautiful, angelic photo...her poor family. I cannot imagine the heartbreaking loss they have been dealt. To wake up each morning only to realize the sunshine has been stolen from your life...how do you even go on? My heart is with her parents, all 3 of them, and her siblings, grandparents and everyone who loved this sweet child. It's things like this that force me to question the ways of this universe.

Every time I see that picture, my heart catches.

Sometimes I just find myself thinking: We should not be seeing this. This should have just been a beautiful shining moment of Alanna's childhood captured for her and her family, and someday maybe her husband and children, to look back on, privately and peacefully.

I do not mean we are doing wrong to have Alanna's picture here. I only mean: I wish it didn't need to be here.

That's about it! Hoping for a major story soon about how the body (sorry baby girl) was transported!

...or a stolen belt, with mostly the original owner's DNA.

Now isn't that an interesting thought! Maybe a drop of sweat fell on the buckle.

The other DNA, however. I wonder if the condom he used broke or moved around and , well, you can use your imagination.

Perhaps he really did not think he was going to get caught. And he placed the body as a clever taunt, he thought. An in your face kind of thing.

LE had no search warrant. He let them look at his phone that had the hose.

Why?

Hmmm. If (and I think this is a big if, but I'll go with it) the only DNA found was inside of her and on the belt buckle, and she was wet with something, then maybe this was something intended to destroy DNA?

Some suggestions in this thread:

http://www.sciforums.com/showthread.php?45471-What-destroys-dna

Sodium hydroxide (good, old fashioned lye) sounds like a good and relatively accessible (compared to enzymes sold to digest DNA) possibility, and is often in aqueous form. There is, unfortunately, another use that may explain why someone may have felt it was safe to dump her:

"Tissue digestion[edit]

In a similar fashion, sodium hydroxide is used to digest tissues, such as in a process that was used with farm animals at one time. This process involved placing a carcass into a sealed chamber, then adding a mixture of sodium hydroxide and water (which breaks the chemical bonds that keep the flesh intact). This eventually turns the body into a liquid with coffee-like appearance,[10][11] and the only solid that remains are bone hulls, which could be crushed between one's fingertips.[12] Sodium hydroxide is frequently used in the process of decomposing roadkill dumped in landfills by animal disposal contractors.[11] Due to its low cost and availability, it has been used to dispose of corpses by criminals. In Mexico, a man who worked for different drug cartels admitted disposing over 300 bodies with it.[13]"

Sodium hydroxide - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I can't quote it because its on the previous thread- but why are we to feel bad for GG and why was he having a bad week already? ?

I read a true story once and now cannot remember where this happened except in a wealthy place in Michigan.

A man wanted to be superintendent of schools, but his daughter and her hubby were drug addicts. He thought that would destroy his chances , so he put them in a vat of lye. Can't remember anything else about it.

Originally, I thought it might have been because of one of the men he said he'd had sex with. Most teens don't consider guys their own age to be "men", that's usually (in my experiences) used for a male who is older than you are.

For what it's worth, I don't actually think he had sex with men. I think he just said that, to make it seem like he wasn't interested in children. Perhaps, to also explain the hose thing. I'm sure I'm probably wrong, but for some reason I just don't believe it.

I can't quote it because its on the previous thread- but why are we to feel bad for GG and why was he having a bad week already? ?

We can't post here, but his fb wall will explain. Not sure if I am allowed to discuss it so, I won't. I feel really bad for this guy. :(

Now isn't that an interesting thought! Maybe a drop of sweat fell on the buckle.

The other DNA, however. I wonder if the condom he used broke or moved around and , well, you can use your imagination.

Perhaps he really did not think he was going to get caught. And he placed the body as a clever taunt, he thought. An in your face kind of thing.

LE had no search warrant. He let them look at his phone that had the hose.

Why?

BBM:

Because he's a sick freak?

He wanted attention, negative or positive. He committed the most horrid act to draw attention to himself so he could be recognized?

Why do kids like him bully? Why do they terrorize others and deliberately draw attention to themselves and insert themselves into crimes they commit?

I doubt he received much positive attention in his life but when he did negative things he got a reaction.

Just some thoughts......

I read a true story once and now cannot remember where this happened except in a wealthy place in Michigan.

A man wanted to be superintendent of schools, but his daughter and her hubby were drug addicts. He thought that would destroy his chances , so he put them in a vat of lye. Can't remember anything else about it.

That's insane!!!

i read a true story once and now cannot remember where this happened except in a wealthy place in michigan.

omg !

That's about it! Hoping for a major story soon about how the body (sorry baby girl) was transported!

What if he rolled her fairly tight in the tarp and fastened it with the belt and then held it by the belt, kind of like you would a suitcase handle? She was around 4' long? That might be manageable, although not for a long walk. Then the kids on the street could have uncovered her to see what the "trash" was and when she was found, she was merely covered with the tarp.

ok my question is: If he was the known neighborhood trouble maker and under age didnt anyone go to his mom and complain? I know I would. Some 15-16 year old punk breaking into cars, slashing tires, and carrying pipes and no one talked to the mother??

I think he only became a "known neighborhood trouble maker" after his arrest. There sure were lots of stories about him bullying, etc. but not prior. Kind of like Monday-morning quarterbacks.

Also, didn't we read from the grandfather that he was ADHD or something when younger? Trust me, if mom brought it up to the police at all, when mental health issues and minors come together, police do not do anything. I can attest to many police visits to my own home when my twins, now almost 19, were 11, 13, etc. and once I told them about that particular boy's mental health history, their eyes glazed over. They would rather see them dealt with in a hospital or a visit to the psych than in jail or juvie.

Now, turn 18 and one day or in TH's case in TX, 17, that's a whole new ballgame.

I also have to say that I've read many, many times here how TH wasn't smart. I disagree. He was smart enough to get her, torture her and kill her.

I don't think he cared if he got caught. I know teen boys like this. They grew up with the instant gratification of video games and cell phones. They have never truly gone without nor can they imagine playing in the dirt with spoons and leaves like kids did when I was young. Life is boring! There is me, me, me and video games, chats, drugs (in this case) and way too much time on their hands. Many of them expect life to come easy for them. Compared to the 1980's or 1990's, I see many less teens with plans and excitement for their future. I find it very sad. Off my soap box... :truce:

I think he only became a "known neighborhood trouble maker" after his arrest. There sure were lots of stories about him bullying, etc. but not prior. Kind of like Monday-morning quarterbacks.

Totally disagree. I think quite a few people suspected him of misdeeds, even reported it the police, but there was not enough proof.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Owlsorflowers