GUILTY TX - Alanna Gallagher, 6, Saginaw, 1 July 2013 - #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Calling all nurses or other medicos on this thread. Thinking about apparent lack of throat damage as it would relate to still needing a tracheotomy or tracheostomy. How significant would a throat wound need to be to create the kind of trauma/swelling etc for any kind of trach to be necessary? :waitasec:

A wound would have to be significant enough to compromise the airway in order for a tracheostomy to be placed.

With so many differing reports on his "condition", we were free to speculate the gamut of possibilities from major brain damage to a chin graze.

Looking at his mug shot, we can see he is bandaged basically in the spot where a tracheotomy would be placed. Whether that trach is still in, I have no clue. He is wearing an unusually HEAVY dressing to be covering a patent, airway, IMO.

A wound would have to be significant enough to compromise the airway in order for a tracheostomy to be placed.

With so many differing reports on his "condition", we were free to speculate the gamut of possibilities from major brain damage to a chin graze.

Looking at his mug shot, we can see he is bandaged basically in the spot where a tracheotomy would be placed. Whether that trach is still in, I have no clue. He is wearing an unusually HEAVY dressing to be covering a patent, airway, IMO.

rbbm That's what I thought, too. Surely the dressing was too heavy to be breathed through efficiently.

Thanks for your reply.
:tyou:

Thinking the bandage is now covering up the closed ostomy, as well as the wound.

Re: the earlier discussion about lead. In my area there is routine blood testing lead. All kids get tested. I only knew or heard of one child to test (mildly) positive. His family were members of a beach club with a manmade beach. The sand was trucked in from parts unknown and apparently never tested for anything. The mom suspected that may have been the source.

Even low lead levels are taken seriously in kids today. A blood lead level that would be considered a serious medical event today, was par for the course 50 years ago.

Thinking they said the wound was his jaw (mandible), the bandage is in the neck area. If the bullet did miss his mandible and also missed his larynx and trachea, I am amazed that is also missed his carotid arteries.

my 20 yr old was positive for leadwhen he was 2, due to playing with old dumbbells! dumb.... dumbells.... ?

His mug shot is in the Star-Telegram this morning (Fort Worth). Unfortunately, he is in better shape than one had hoped.

I am going to be so ticked if mom or the attorneys stop him from talking.

Justice, please.

He is going away forever, so why not let him tell things. Do something positive!

Unless he lost his tongue.

OK- I am officially going to Purgatory.

I think you are half right. :p IMO

eta: Remember Ing said he wouldn't be talking for a long time? And for all appearances he is breathing on his own and looks fairly alert now. Now why, oh why would he not be able to talk for a long time, hmmm?

I am going to be so ticked if mom or the attorneys stop him from talking.

Justice, please.

He is going away forever, so why not let him tell things. Do something positive!

Why not a lie detector? Sodium pentathol?

Also, just FYI, in Texas we don't air condition our prisons. Most local and county jails are air conditioned but not the state-run jails. We are on our 8th or 9th day in a row of well over 100 degree temperatures also. When you factor in heat index it's pretty warm...

That stinks for the staff. Literally.

eta: Remember Ing said he wouldn't be talking for a long time? And for all appearances he is breathing on his own and looks fairly alert now. Now why, oh why would he not be able to talk for a long time, hmmm?

I'm usually half right and half left.

I really hope he lost his tongue. It looks like he doesn't have enough damage. MOO

Sure Blue22, as I said in my quote above, pretty much what you said. However, the study really wasn't about lead pipes or lead paint. Did you read it? It was about lead gasoline emissions, and it wasn't one study, it was many studies over multiple places, multiple countries and multiple times.

I stand by my quote above, which I've now bolded. Most of these people, all of whom were equally exposed to lead from fuel emissions did not turn out to be violent criminals. But that doesn't change the fact that violent crime was correlated with lead fuel emission rates, right down to the neighborhood.

Ahh...opps. Sorry, I wasn't even intending to quote your post!! It was meant for another comment.

The gunshot might have damaged his larynx.

Hey, even the Boston bomber could communicate within 48 hours after being shot in the throat by himself. It's a stall and/or probably legal if he's alert and transferred to jail now.

snipped

Apr, 2013

12:29am, EDT Badly wounded Boston Marathon bombing suspect responding to questions
Nearly 48 hours after he was taken into custody following an intense gun battle and manhunt, Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, 19, was communicating with a special team of federal investigators at Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital. He was responding to questions mostly in writing because of the throat wound, according to the officials, who spoke on condition of anonymity. The suspect remains in serious condition.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/201...-bombing-suspect-responding-to-questions?lite

Forgot to add, are his fingers/hands broke?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spicytaco46
Back