GUILTY TX - Alanna Gallagher, 6, Saginaw, 1 July 2013 - #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Calling all nurses or other medicos on this thread. Thinking about apparent lack of throat damage as it would relate to still needing a tracheotomy or tracheostomy. How significant would a throat wound need to be to create the kind of trauma/swelling etc for any kind of trach to be necessary? :waitasec:

Also, just FYI, in Texas we don't air condition our prisons. Most local and county jails are air conditioned but not the state-run jails. We are on our 8th or 9th day in a row of well over 100 degree temperatures also. When you factor in heat index it's pretty warm...

Not nearly as warm as where he'll eventually end up.:twocents:

Fascinating research linking lead in paint and particularly gasoline to crime. As the amount of leaded gasoline dropped resulting in few emissions, so did violent crime. Except that in violent crime the trend was delayed by 20 years, after all, the kids exposed to lead had to grow up to be criminals or law abiding first.

I do think this is relevant to the discussion here, because we've talked so much about causes of violent crime, and how understanding it can lead to prevention.

I don't think Tyler was exposed to lead, but I guess it's possible.

http://www.motherjones.com/environment/2013/01/lead-crime-link-gasoline

Yes, that lead is a very interesting study.

He could have lived in an older home, been huffing gas while doing all those fabulous lawn mowing jobs, or maybe he lived close to a refinery at one time?

I know it is tempting to ladle hate on him, but really, it only hurts yourself when you do that. I am not saying this to be Miss Perfect. It is something I deal with myself all of the time.

We criticize other countries for human rights violations. So, I feel we should be better than that.

If KH's father had some land, maybe they had well water. Maybe older pipes. Could be lead in that. An old house with lead paint...a kid playing on a dirty floor then putting his fingers in his mouth...guess we will never know though. :\

<<<< Grew up on well water, lived in house with lead paint. Has never killed anyone. Sometimes I think we just reach way toooooo far to give evil an excuse.

<<<< Grew up on well water, lived in house with lead paint. Has never killed anyone. Sometimes I think we just reach way toooooo far to give evil an excuse.

Oh, yeah, I know what you mean. I don't know if we can derive anything specific or particular about this case from the lead study. But the lead study itself is pretty undeniable. Even down to crime rates correlated with lead emission rates in specific NEIGHBORHOODS in New Orleans. I mean, that's pretty definitive.

But obviously, even though the crime rate was extremely elevated by the lead emissions concentrations, and the environment would be the same for all children growing up in a given geographical space, still most of those people did NOT turn out to be violent criminals, so there are still clearly other factors at play.

Just a thought, and maybe I am way off because I know nothing of explosives, but could the top part of the vitamix been used to start a fire, like filled with gas then a cloth stuck in the top to act as a wick to start a fire? Of course, that's pure speculation but just maybe it will link him to the fires and he can get more charges tacked on!

Fascinating research linking lead in paint and particularly gasoline to crime. As the amount of leaded gasoline dropped resulting in few emissions, so did violent crime. Except that in violent crime the trend was delayed by 20 years, after all, the kids exposed to lead had to grow up to be criminals or law abiding first.

I do think this is relevant to the discussion here, because we've talked so much about causes of violent crime, and how understanding it can lead to prevention.

I don't think Tyler was exposed to lead, but I guess it's possible.

http://www.motherjones.com/environment/2013/01/lead-crime-link-gasoline

Do you know how many people grew up with lead pipes in their home? (Raises hand!) Thousands and thousands before us. Shoot, there is STILL lead pipes in many homes. Do you know how many houses still have lead paint? Our house was built in 1970, and we had it tested on the outside, and had lead paint. We had to hire someone to clean and paint it properly. Millions of houses have lead paint.

How many of them sadistically murdered a young child, and how many did now? I don't think lead caused him to do this. Or anyone else, for that matter. I don't find the article particularly convincing. I prefer unbiased studies. If you do a study wanting to prove your point, a person will find a way to prove that point.

Do you know how many people grew up with lead pipes in their home? (Raises hand!) Thousands and thousands before us. Shoot, there is STILL lead pipes in many homes. Do you know how many houses still have lead paint? Our house was built in 1970, and we had it tested on the outside, and had lead paint. We had to hire someone to clean and paint it properly. Millions of houses have lead paint.

How many of them sadistically murdered a young child, and how many did now? I don't think lead caused him to do this. Or anyone else, for that matter. I don't find the article particularly convincing. I prefer unbiased studies. If you do a study wanting to prove your point, a person will find a way to prove that point.

Where I live, we have a requirement by the medical community that all children are tested for lead exposure. The studies are numerous that IQ goes down with lead exposure. We had articles in the paper several years ago of people who had been remodeling and exposed their children unwittingly to lead. Not good.

Having lead exposure could be just one of the toxic things he was exposed to. He is a monster. How did it happen?

Fortunately, with lead pipes, they get coated with the minerals in your water which makes the lead not available, hopefully.

I'm shockedddddddddd!!!!!!!!!!!!! I expected something more?

I knew it. They said the same thing about the Boston bombing guy and he looks no worse for wear.

Now, sing, boy, sing.

I hope Anne Rule (or whoever the bestselling true crime author is today) decides to write a book about him.

I hope Anne Rule (or whoever the bestselling true crime author is today) decides to write a book about him.

I was looking around, and apparently Ann has said that she prefers to not write about children. There are a lot of other authors who could write about the case though. Maybe a local investigative reporter or someone who worked for LE or part of the prosecution for the trial. Although, I'm not that optimistic that someone will write a book. It kind of seems like books about these types of cases, where a child is abducted and murdered by a sexual predator, are almost taboo.

Good thought about the vitamix being used for explosive purposes, it seems to match a theme of the black pants and shirt too.

Also, just FYI, in Texas we don't air condition our prisons. Most local and county jails are air conditioned but not the state-run jails. We are on our 8th or 9th day in a row of well over 100 degree temperatures also. When you factor in heat index it's pretty warm...

In my neck of the woods, he would be at Sheriff Joe's tent city. At 115 in the summer.

Oh, yeah, I know what you mean. I don't know if we can derive anything specific or particular about this case from the lead study. But the lead study itself is pretty undeniable. Even down to crime rates correlated with lead emission rates in specific NEIGHBORHOODS in New Orleans. I mean, that's pretty definitive.

But obviously, even though the crime rate was extremely elevated by the lead emissions concentrations, and the environment would be the same for all children growing up in a given geographical space, still most of those people did NOT turn out to be violent criminals, so there are still clearly other factors at play.

Sure Blue22, as I said in my quote above, pretty much what you said. However, the study really wasn't about lead pipes or lead paint. Did you read it? It was about lead gasoline emissions, and it wasn't one study, it was many studies over multiple places, multiple countries and multiple times.

I stand by my quote above, which I've now bolded. Most of these people, all of whom were equally exposed to lead from fuel emissions did not turn out to be violent criminals. But that doesn't change the fact that violent crime was correlated with lead fuel emission rates, right down to the neighborhood.

Not totally caught up (again). In his youtube list there was a like on a video for making hash. I am thinking that the vitamix could be used in that process.

Not totally caught up (again). In his youtube list there was a like on a video for making hash. I am thinking that the vitamix could be used in that process.

Oh yeah, the guy uses a coffee bean grinder to make the hash ("make sure to use the grinder ONLY for weed.")

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PamR
Back