GUILTY TX - Alanna Gallagher, 6, Saginaw, 1 July 2013 - #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The fact that no one has come forward with this much attention put on a red truck with a green paint splotch is interesting. You would think that a neighbor, coworker or friend of the driver would recognize that John Doe has a matching vehicle and report it.

Are we all sure that this vehicle should be tied to this case? Did someone witness this truck dumping the tarp.....how did this truck get connected to Alanna?

The red truck throws me off. It was broad daylight, how did a body fall out of a truck (IF that's the case) and not one person witnessed it falling out? Especially if kids were outside playing?

Due to the circumstances, I believe this has got to be a local.

A random predator avoiding cctv would be a bit better organised than dropping the body on a street corner.

The body dump, the garbage bag, the tarp, the locality, the victim, all add up to a local and a disorganised one at that.

Very local - possibly a few doors away kind of local.

This was a crime of opportunity imo. He had been watching Alanna for a while.

:twocents:

I def agree it was local! I am just wondering if they were taking the route they did in order to avoid the cameras they knew about at major intersections here in town, kwim? Even if you were being sloppy, it wouldn't take much to think about that part of it, would it? And if the pickup did have a bedliner and no tailgate, the body could have fallen out while he came to a stop without him realizing it, couldn't it have? Except you'd think that'd have to be a pretty hard stop to fling a body out of the back of the truck unintentionally and you wouldn't typically going super fast down these areas because we have narrow roads with lots of cars parked on the side streets. And it's pretty rare for a pickup to have NO tailgate at all, just generally speaking.

I'm not any good at this stuff, just talking out loud here and apparently talking in circles lol. So many unanswered questions. :'( I've been by the crime scene several times and it just rips my heart in to a million pieces every time I see the memorial to sweet Alanna. I just can't believe this has happened.

Somewhere it says that a truck like that was seen in the area around the time.

Paintball paint.

Doesn't it come off of surfaces easily?

yes, with water.

and, in case you're curious, there's no harm in eating a paintball. (one of my kids was on a first name basis at the ER)

I am sure someone's mentioned the speed limit is only 20 mph too. Not that everyone goes that slowly but you'd surely have to be going a lot faster to accidentally lose a body. :/

They still have not found the grey/silver van in MI, after a couple of months, in the Jessica Heeringa case.

There is a Storage King facility on Old Decatur, almost across from Bridle Path- (someone could cut thru on it coming from Knowles) I wonder if it is controlled access and if so, if LE got a log of customers going in & out that afternoon?
And the tarp, etc. makes me think someone had it readily available, surely there were no trips to the store to buy those items.
I wonder what size (length) belt it is, and male or female belt?
It just seems like such a panic event :waitasec:
I mean really, would a 'seasoned' RSO/nasty person leave her where they did?? Wouldn't they go further away...like there appears to be accessible vacant land at Decatur & Longhorn...just south of where found....
I can't see her having fallen out of a truck bed? Maybe shoved out or a door swung open and 2nd person kind of laid her out?

I don't know about y'all, but it feels like the perp is close to home, to me.
Anyone in that area just happen to go out of town, that wasn't planning to ?

I know everyone is saying that all the items collected in the vehicle are no big deal etc etc (I don't buy into that theory)....but come on......

body found with: gray tarp, red tape and plastic bag
in car: gray tarp, red tape and plastic bag

doesn't take Einstein to put 2+2 together....I mean what is the chance that a vehicle at her house had the EXACT same contents that were found w/ her?

I don't understand at all why anyone would drop a deceased child off in the middle on a road. Why!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

because more than likely, that was an accident....and who is going to get out of their vehicle during that OOOOOOOOOOOPS #$% moment and collect the body and leave. hell no, they are going to get out of dodge fast and leave it.

Do most of the stoplights in cities have cameras on them? Most of the traffic lights around here have the cameras that detect how to direct traffic but can they also pull footage from those if need be? DH was talking to a guy at work last night that used to be a cop and the ex-cop was theorizing that the reason this guy was taking the route he did was because he was trying to avoid traffic cameras seeing him and chose to take the residential streets instead. Of course, the home security systems may have messed him up anyway (hopefully...) but that could explain why he was taking such an unorthodox trek?

That was my first thought too but I did not know if Saginaw had cameras up that would record. I wonder how many people have cameras that view the street sure hoping enough to catch this evil thing.

Have the other 2 children in the house been interviewed by police yet?

Where were they when Alannah was 'in and out' all afternoon? When and where did they last see her?

:moo::moo:

here is a question....
WHY was allana always seen alone playing for hours unattended while the other children were not with her, or were not seen playing hours outside and in the street and house hopping? were her siblings never out playing with her or even watching her?

did anyone look after this poor child?

According to locals in the thread, lots of kids in the area are STILL playing outside even after her death. Apparently this is/was considered an extremely safe area.

The tarp had to be secured in some way because it would flap around with the 'wind' created with the moving truck. I wonder if the belt was actually what is called a 'tie-down'. Some are made to look like a belt with a buckle, and some are elastic with a clip. Would teenage boys know the difference if they had never seen any?

I think this may have been a young person(s) who did this. Teens, probably. This is just speculation on my part. Seems to me it would be someone who had no idea that prints can even be lifted off of plastic with super glue. Of course teens probably do not have fingerprints on file, so it would take longer to solve even with prints. Hopefully sweat dripped as well and DNA can be gotten from that.

This was too sloppy to have been planned, IMO. There are just so many unanswered questions. LE is certainly not giving any details. Approximately 25 years ago LE changed (JMO) to the point where not as much information is given to the public concerning these crimes. The public is left to have to wonder and speculate about too many things. With my late husband having been retired LE and myself having been a deputy for 10 years, I have noticed a major difference. These younger officers and deputies are really gung-ho and have the attitude of 'don't tell anyone anything'. Sometimes I feel so frustrated that no general information is given out to help the public actually help LE identify the person(s) who do these crimes. I agree with keeping maybe the real cause of death to themselves or quite a lot of the infornation to themselves, but give the public something to go on. Lack of information causes too much speculation and fear, IMO. We are all speculating, or at least I am. I have no idea what happened or who did it.

This was a tiny innocent child who should be enjoying the summer. There has got to be justice for her.

MOO's

The red truck throws me off. It was broad daylight, how did a body fall out of a truck (IF that's the case) and not one person witnessed it falling out? Especially if kids were outside playing?

It's throwing me off too. I keep wondering WHY someone would be driving around with the tailgate of their truck down if they had a dead body in the bed of their truck ... makes no sense :waitasec:. If the red truck is involved ... was it missing the tailgate I wonder?? Seems like LE would mention that though if that was the case.

From looking at the photos of where/how she was found, it doesn't look like the body was intentionally pushed out from inside the vehicle. There's been no mention in MSM of the people that found her moving her body at all ... only opening/moving the tarp to see what was in there before they moved it (thinking it was trash). The vehicle would have had to been halfway into the other lane (opposite direction) for there have been enough room for the body/tarp to have enough room for it to land in the direction it did taking up half of that lane.

The tarp doesn't look like it has any paint stains on it. Prior to being used in this crime, it looks like it had been wadded up (versus folded) and thrown somewhere, aging ... not sure what difference that makes lol ... just an observation about it. In other words, it doesn't look like it was being used to cover a boat or as a drop-cloth, etc.

Since her legs & arms were bound, I've been wondering if Alanna was gagged and/or her mouth covered in some way ... I'm sure LE isn't going to release that info though. It's bad enough to abduct a child and do God knows what to them but, to bind the child is particularly heinous to me.

“We’re trying to establish when she was last seen,” Macon said. “We’re also trying to determine when the tarp was first seen because we’ve had witnesses put the time from mid-afternoon until 7 p.m.”

http://www.star-telegram.com/2013/0...girl-found-in-saginaw.html#storylink=misearch

how sad that it is so difficult to establish the last time a little kid, just shy from being a toddler was last seen. this bothers me a lot that NOBODY can pinpoint when she was last seen. should be VERY EASY to nail that time down.

sorry, but I know where my child is 24/7. I let her play outside, but she has to be able to be seen from my house. and if she goes into a neighbors backyard, she comes home first and tells me. she also has a phone on her. and I check on her constantly even if she doesn't know im checking. she thinks she has 100% freedom, but im still "spying" on her, as she is still a little kid. I do it because NOWHERE is 100% safe. not even my community which has some of the lowest crime in my state and is middle upper/upper class community.

really, how hard it is to know when she was last seen. doesn't ANYONE look out for this little girl??

This is wierd to me as well, ahintexas. The red truck is throwing me off. Someone can notice the detail of the green splotch on the red truck, but nothing else like a description or even partial description of the person driving it? I have to wonder about whomever was giving the information about the truck. Is the truck a red herring?

MOO

how sad that it is so difficult to establish the last time a little kid, just shy from being a toddler was last seen. this bothers me a lot that NOBODY can pinpoint when she was last seen. should be VERY EASY to nail that time down.

sorry, but I know where my child is 24/7. I let her play outside, but she has to be able to be seen from my house. and if she goes into a neighbors backyard, she comes home first and tells me. she also has a phone on her. and I check on her constantly even if she doesn't know im checking. she thinks she has 100% freedom, but im still "spying" on her, as she is still a little kid. I do it because NOWHERE is 100% safe. not even my community which has some of the lowest crime in my state and is middle upper/upper class community.

really, how hard it is to know when she was last seen. doesn't ANYONE look out for this little girl??

Yeah, we got that, it was discussed ad nauseum in the beginning of the case. Now, lets figure out who is responsible for her murder. The family is off limits, and in my opinion, not involved.

i wonder if there even was a red truck, how many tips did they get about it? 1?!

A couple of random thoughts...

1.). I would think that the LE would issue a warning... Something like...

"If you see a red truck with green paint... DO NOT approach the driver...,but call in to LE tip lines ASAP... Due to inherent danger of driver"

2.). I am sorry... But I cannot help but think that poor AG was sexually assaulted in this horrible event...

I wonder if the killer had been molesting her for some time .... But things just escalated this time....

Just some thoughts...

It looks like the page has been removed...

Can you paraphrase?

TIA...:seeya:

The link works for me and there's not much to paraphrase. Mom posted the purple ribbon for Alanna on her profile. hth

:seeya: clue!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members