GUILTY TX - Alanna Gallagher, 6, Saginaw, 1 July 2013 - #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, it's on the news - even stations based in Dallas (next major city to Fort Worth).

I think the problem is two-fold:

1. happened right before long weekend.....like I said, if I hadn't been up late doing laundry & packing I probably wouldn't have seen it (I live in "working mom" bubble - FWIW)....

2. no more info from LE = no new "news" for news stations to report = drops to bottom of reports and/or only gets a brief blip

:maddening:

Oh, and as someone else mentioned (? - sorry, I'm a "noobs"....) we've got a couple of, um, "political" stories leading/consuming coverage here.

She might have cat hair on her, but LE also removed a whole bunch toilet paper, restraints, tapes, tarp, etc. Those things wouldn't be on her just because she lived in the house.

don't forget ALL their computers, CDs/DVDs, flashdrives, external hard drives, cameras, numerous different bed linens, game consoles, idpods, DVR computer. I mean, is there anything left in that house? why would they remove all of that?

seriously.....what on earth could those things have to do with little allana's murder?

I understand fibers, dna, etc....but ALL of their electronics??

What do we say to an arrest this week? Yes? No? Likely? Not?

I think another week or perhaps two. I think there's key forensic evidence that needs to be analyzed and followed up on, and that takes time.

Well, it's on the news - even stations based in Dallas (next major city to Fort Worth).

I think the problem is two-fold:

1. happened right before long weekend.....like I said, if I hadn't been up late doing laundry & packing I probably wouldn't have seen it (I live in "working mom" bubble - FWIW)....

2. no more info from LE = no new "news" for news stations to report = drops to bottom of reports and/or only gets a brief blip

:maddening:

I think Alanna's case would be a much bigger story if she was missing.

For whatever reason, it seems like missing person cases get more (and for longer amount of time) media coverage than murder victims. It seems that cases that start out as a murder have a harder time gaining legs.

The crate sure would not be big.

Puppy jumping around? Or is this an, indication she could have fallen out.

Hubby got rid of our truck. So, anyone, want to try an experiment with what? Maybe bags of sand?

I really thought about doing this experiment a few days ago.
I have a huge driveway and could do it without actually being on the street.
I also having racing/auto crossing in my family. So it wouldn't be terribly weird for me to do.
My truck also is a bit faster off the line than most, so I figured it would be a good test.
I just haven't had a chance to do it when the truck was cleared out.

I was going to use a 45 pound bag of a dog food wrapped in a tarp.
I SWEAR she was 45 pounds, but now I can't find where I saw that. :waitasec:

Police chief: Saginaw girl’s parents not ‘prime suspects’ in her slaying

“Miss Gallagher was bound with some fashion of tape,” Macon said. “It was as much the goal of the search team to retrieve items to exclude the parents as suspects as ... it was to collect items we would consider evidentiary in value.

“This, of course, would require taking samples from their residence.”

Read more here: http://www.star-telegram.com/2013/0...hief-saginaw-girls-parents.html#storylink=cpy

I believe at this time anyone who has been on the thread for more than a few days has heard every possible configuration of:

-tarp
-belt
-bag
-trash bag
-tape

:(

You forgot toilet paper. :blushing:

Also a little bit weird as to the extra word PRIME. why not just say they are not considered suspects.

I have a problem with "placed beneath a tarp..." WTH??? Was she or was she not WRAPPED in a tarp that was secured with a belt? This makes it sound as if there was a tarp that was folded up and placed on top of the garbage bag which contained her body and the whole "package" was tied together with a belt. sigh

Read more here: http://www.star-telegram.com/2013/0...hief-saginaw-girls-parents.html#storylink=cpy

From what I recall (will look for MSM reference later - sorry, making dinner)....belt was around trash bag she was in, not the entire tarp over her.

Also a little bit weird as to the extra word PRIME. why not just say they are not considered suspects.

Yeah, and the article as written makes it impossible to tell if the police chief used those words (they do not appear anywhere in his quotes) or if it's the reporter adding some 'flair'.

I think another week or perhaps two. I think there's key forensic evidence that needs to be analyzed and followed up on, and that takes time.
If they have to rely on evidence from the FBI lab, I'm afraid it could be a very long time. Let's hope that old fashioned police work pays off soon.

If they have to rely on evidence from the FBI lab, I'm afraid it could be a very long time. Let's hope that old fashioned police work pays off soon.

I agree. I'm hoping the videos will break the case soon.

Macon described the “arm and leg restraints” mentioned in the warrant as novelty items used by adults.

I guess no more tiptoes.

He said most of the evidence is still being analyzed by the medical examiner. I would think very little by ME, alot of stuff for just one guy.

I googled "adult novelty arm and leg restraints" most definitely NOT truck tie down straps.

I hope this crime scene picture shows up here. I have not posted a picture before so I do not know if I am doing this correctly.

Is the tarp located where it was originally found by the boy?
or
did he move it from the middle of the intersection?

The cone, I believe, is marking a piece of plastic that the FBI was interested in according to a tweet posted earlier today from 7/1/13.

Thoughts?

Attachments

• article-2353525-1A9F1D96000005DC-576_634x337.jpg
    article-2353525-1A9F1D96000005DC-576_634x337.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 58
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors