GUILTY TX - Alanna Gallagher, 6, Saginaw, 1 July 2013 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm looking forward to the reports from the truck and sandbag experimenters.

Keep in mind that a sandbag may settle into the grooves in the bedliner, thus giving it more 'sticking' power.

Also, consider that, if she fell from the truck, it might not have been just acceleration, but, also centrifugal force. So, in your experiments, try accelerating while making a 90 degree turn.

I'm not sure that sand bags would work for this experiment, I think to get the right density per sq inch you would need to use water balloons. Then put all of the water balloons in a garbage back to get the correct size for the experiment. Water actually might do the trick, since it weighs 7 lbs/ gallon. 6 gallons of water dispersed into water balloons ought to give a pretty general idea of her size.

I bet the public at large either has crime fatigue from Jodi Arias, or is watching GZ.

A number of posters have pointed out, though, that violent crime is actually declining. I don't think "commonplace" is the issue.

No LE presser in a week also means limited media coverage. They can only rewrite the same stuff so many times.

A tweet from a WFAA News 8 reporter @rlopezwfaa

Saginaw Police and FBI talking to one of the men who lived in the home with Alanna Gallagher, The 6 yr old murdered last week.

I am sickened and shocked.

This brutal issue has not even made a blip in a city a few miles away?

I have not read about it in our paper.

It is so commonplace now that it has to be so shocking to get people's attention?

I know, I agree! This crime is horrifically brutal, and no one even cares? Or is scared? WTH? What is with the DFW area for no one to even notice a tiny girl was dumped in the street?!?

I'm out in California and there's no mention about this.....nothing. I would have thought Nancy Grace would have come up for air from the Martin/Zimmerman trial to do a couple minute bit on it but she hasn't done that yet. I'm shocked because Nancy is usually all over these types of cases. I found out about Alanna from The Daily News based out of the UK.

I don't think the case has gotten much national coverage at all.

For those of you who were living in Texas back in the 90's, how much media coverage and interest was there in Amber Hagerman and Opal Jennings cases? I wonder if missing children tend to incite a bigger reaction than a murdered child?

The "fell off a truck" explanation has just never felt right to me. No, I do not have a plausible alternative explanation (meaning I can't make a strong argument that a predator placed her there on purpose, either).

i agree. hubs puts everything in the back of his truck. he used to have a smaller truck with a bedliner, def more slippery. F250 now, no liner... things just dont slide out.

Omg, actual info. You are always so fast, matou.

"“Miss Gallagher was bound with some fashion of tape,” Macon said. “It was as much the goal of the search team to retrieve items to exclude the parents as suspects as ... it was to collect items we would consider evidentiary in value."

Is this the first OFFICIAL confirmation of tape?

Edit: and we both just fixed on the same paragraph to quote.

Macon said investigators have spent days reviewing video taken from several home security systems.

“They have isolated most, if not all, vehicles entering and exiting both neighborhoods on the day of the murder,” he said. “Other investigators have then gone back to the neighborhoods to find the cars seen in the videos.

“It’s not that any one of them is a suspect, it’s simply that we are tracking each car/truck down to verify that they belong in that neighborhood.”

Macon said if any of the vehicles cannot be accounted for, investigators will broaden the scope of their search.

“Again, sometimes it’s better to find exclusions, then work from there,” he said.

Read more here: http://www.star-telegram.com/2013/0...hief-saginaw-girls-parents.html#storylink=cpy

Long article, worth a read. Not a slam dunk for either side of the fence, if you know what I mean, but clarifies several things.

I was a kid when Amber Hagerman happened, maybe a year or two older than her? I remember being very scared, and feeling like everyone else was, too.

The warrants were signed the day after Alanna Gallagher’s partially nude body was found in a black trash bag wrapped with tape and placed beneath a tarp secured with a belt.

I have a problem with "placed beneath a tarp..." WTH??? Was she or was she not WRAPPED in a tarp that was secured with a belt? This makes it sound as if there was a tarp that was folded up and placed on top of the garbage bag which contained her body and the whole "package" was tied together with a belt. sigh

Read more here: http://www.star-telegram.com/2013/0...hief-saginaw-girls-parents.html#storylink=cpy

"“There’s nothing to indicate that there was mistreatment in the home of these children,” he said."

Hmm, kind of agreeing with elmomom. A bit more info, but overall a zero-sum game.

I am sickened and shocked.

This brutal issue has not even made a blip in a city a few miles away?

I have not read about it in our paper.

It is so commonplace now that it has to be so shocking to get people's attention?

Well, it's on the news - even stations based in Dallas (next major city to Fort Worth).

I think the problem is two-fold:

1. happened right before long weekend.....like I said, if I hadn't been up late doing laundry & packing I probably wouldn't have seen it (I live in "working mom" bubble - FWIW)....

2. no more info from LE = no new "news" for news stations to report = drops to bottom of reports and/or only gets a brief blip

:maddening:

What do we say to an arrest this week? Yes? No? Likely? Not?

I have a problem with "placed beneath a tarp..." WTH??? Was she or was she not WRAPPED in a tarp that was secured with a belt? This makes it sound as if there was a tarp that was folded up and placed on top of the garbage bag which contained her body and the whole "package" was tied together with a belt. sigh

I believe at this time anyone who has been on the thread for more than a few days has heard every possible configuration of:

-tarp
-belt
-bag
-trash bag
-tape

:(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online