GUILTY TX - Alanna Gallagher, 6, Saginaw, 1 July 2013 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am going to get in trouble for OT, but the cotton balls and popsicle sticks! And saving my money in case I need a thermometer. That is so funny! Thanks for the laughs with this nightmare!

Anyway, I was trying to find her weight and looked at this article and need people's ideas.

I am quite sure that she is under the tarp.

Please look at that tarp pic and explain why it is such a hump?

And it looks enormous for a small child.

If I had not spent all of my money on med school, I could use some kind of device to measure the length and height of that tarp and figure out the size.

It does not look like a belt is around it. And the red tape is bizarre.

I know from trying to take off duct tape in a situation where I made a taping error, it could not be done, so I do not think it is them ripping the tArp open.

Anyway, what do you guys think?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...gher-pleads-information-daughters-murder.html

I think it's been mentioned there is also a large FBI office nearby. (Not disagreeing with your theory, though.)

Yeah, looks like it's probably half an hour drive from Dallas/Fort Worth, give or take (http://goo.gl/maps/Q0Vuo), assuming they were at the office. They're already on the scene at 10:10. The first LE got there at 7:30. So that's not much more than two hours to look at the body and decide the FBI was needed.

human, my feeling is that the teens unwrapped the tarp from whatever state it was in, and then they or LE piled it back on top of her to cover her until news copters could be cleared. I believe the bulk you are seeing is just excess tarp material bunched up.

I read somewhere that FBI is always called in on children homicide cases. I will check for link.

They're always called in on child abduction cases, I know. I didn't think they were automatically called in on homicides. If they are, that would change my view.

It's the FBI CARD Team - Child Abduction Rapid Deployment Team.
I posted a link a couple of days ago.

They're always called in on child abduction cases, I know. I didn't think they were automatically called in on homicides. If they are, that would change my view.

They're definitely not called in on ALL child homicides. When my nephew was killed, the local police, sheriff office, and state bureau of investigation were involved, but not the FBI. Maybe the ones that really point to someone outside of the family, etc. though.

Just don't try it anywhere with other traffic behind you.

LMAO! Needed that!

Busy @ work today, so just now catching up - on p. 11, so forgive me if this seems random where it falls in thread (although I'm sure I should catch up before posting).....

1. I had pickup w/ plastic bedliner years ago & used sandbags (45-50 lbs ea, I think?) to weigh down back end in snow/ice. They were stacked on top of each other so they generally didn't move much - even on plastic - but, there were a few times if I slammed on brakes or gunned it they would slide enough to hit the cab or tailgate (never fell out - but my tailgate was in good condition). That said, I imagine only one (closer to Alanna's size) probably would have slid around much more on the plastic liner....I have no reference for metal/factory bed, spray on liner, etc....

That said, it's a residential area, for items in back to fall out you'd have to gun it pretty good and I haven't seen skid marks or anything to indicate such an action at the intersection (in photos are my only reference).

Anyway, there's my :twocents: w/ that experiment.

2. The discussions re: amount of toilet paper in the home are cracking me up. We've buy huge (never really counted, but I'm sure at least 3 dozen) packs from Costco, and whenever one gets opened a new one goes on the shopping list. We also only have 2 bathrooms.....but between the roll being used, the easy access extras next to both toilets, those stored in guest bathroom (what is more embarrassing than asking your host for more TP?), and the unopened/new one in the pantry.....I'm sure there are 50 in this house at any given time. In the house. Then, there's hubby's pack of hunting supplies that has several rolls, both cars usually have one (two kids....great Kleenex substitute....in the middle of BFE, etc). We also have an emergency bag (tornadoes, etc) w/ a couple rolls. They could easily find at least 60 rolls here.

Geez, I've never counted my TP before........ I feel like a hoarder now.

In the house, a roll of Kleenex cottonelle tp, not specified where.
3 tp wb tubes (just the tubes?)
2 4-packs and 4 individual rolls of toilet paper Cottonelle Kleenex Ultra with plastic packaging
Roll of toilet paper , listed with garbage bag.
12 toilet paper roll tubes with various lot numbers printed inside (sounds like empty tubes, probably for recycling or children's crafts or just too lazy to throw out)
Toilet paper rolls, 4 complete, 1 used, 2 pieces of plastic packaging.
4 tp tubes, 2 tp rolls, plastic packaging
4 toilet paper rolls consistent with Cottonelle, with 2 pieces of plastic packaging
6- pack of Charmin Ultra soft plastic packaging.
Another 6-pack of Charmin Ultra soft plastic packaging.
So there are some 6-packs and 4-packs and it sounds like they stash the empty tp rolls under the sink or something and don't throw them out immediately. I do that too because I recycle cardboard separately, about once a month or so when I have collected enough to make it worth the trip. How many bathrooms does this home have? There could easily be a couple of packages under each sink and a half-used roll that is currently in use. Also some people might have a roll under the kitchen sink if they don't use kitchen rolls, or in the bedrooms, in the garage, etc. for random nose wiping and other needs. Then a few unopened packages in the storage waiting to be used. Then there was a Charmin Ultra Soft 4-pack in the Ford Taurus. I don't find that odd, as with children in the household I often find uses for some tissue paper while on the road. If several adults at the home all go shopping they might easily buy some staples more than are strictly necessary if they don't coordinate.

Anyway, statistically I'm not sure that child killers tend to have any more TP than regular folks do so the TP is not an issue for me.

That seems like a lot of empty rolls, unless they were saving them for a specific purpose (like a craft project). The part that stands out to me is the plastic packaging... why did they save the wrappers? That isn't recyclable, if that is the reason they were saving the rolls (hypothetically, just using your example). Here all of our recycling goes into one giant wheelie cart.

If I remember correctly, officers identified possibly related evidence on the street some distance away from the body. Is there more information on this?

Oh, I see 6 people in the house? If most are girls or young kids who are very liberal w/ the TP, than that probably isn't that many empties! I wonder when their recycling gets picked up.

If I remember correctly, officers identified possibly related evidence on the street some distance away from the body. Is there more information on this?

Don't remember reading about this, but they did have a traffic cone set up away from the tarp that may have marked something.

probably doesn't apply,as i think you're right on, but my hubby is a firefighter snd his belts are all velcro. so you couldn't tell his waist size by looking at the belt.

bold by me

Do you think a velcro belt could be considered a "restraint"?

Recyclables get picked up every Monday here.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

They're definitely not called in on ALL child homicides. When my nephew was killed, the local police, sheriff office, and state bureau of investigation were involved, but not the FBI. Maybe the ones that really point to someone outside of the family, etc. though.

Thank you for the information. I'm sorry you had to learn it such a hard way.

To locals: Is this story big news in the DFW area? I ask because Dallas is where I'm from originally and my family had no idea this happened. It seems weird to me, almost like her murder isn't being noticed. Thoughts?

To locals: Is this story big news in the DFW area? I ask because Dallas is where I'm from originally and my family had no idea this happened. It seems weird to me, almost like her murder isn't being noticed. Thoughts?

Outside of here in Saginaw, I don't feel like most people in the metroplex know or care. There has been NO mention of it in my local DFW mommy/play groups. I'm baffled by that.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

We might be able to try this tomorrow if it is not raining. How much do you (or anyone) think Alanna weighed - 40 lbs? If we can duplicate her weight, I believe my guys - husband and son :) - may have tarp to wrap the 40 lbs of something in, we have a truck, can leave tail gate open and try different speeds to see what happens, also try with tailgate up to see if it will bounce out.

Any thoughts or advise let me know. I'll be checking in.

My 5 year old is almost 40 lbs., 44" tall if that helps.

However, even putting 40 lbs of sand bags or something in there isn't going to be as useful, since I think the shape of a body adds to its... rollability (for lack of a better way to say it). A bag of sand or two is going to be 40 lbs in a condensed space. Bodies take up more surface area, and the weight is distributed throughout very unevenly (torso compared to limbs). Also, how she was positioned in the truck would contribute to whether it could move. The momentum of the truck, stopping force, etc. all contribute.

A few years ago had 4 20 lb sand bags in our truck to weight it down in a severe ice storm for over 2 weeks with the tailgate down for part of it (because it was freezing out and it froze in a down position and my ex didn't want to bother defrosting it), and none of them fell out. The freeway was de-iced and people drove normal speeds and none of the bags fell out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UnicornAmalthea