GUILTY TX - Alanna Gallagher, 6, Saginaw, 1 July 2013 - #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They're resorting to Billboards yet they believe this is an isolated incident. Huh.

They said Leila Fowler wasn't an isolated incident, and still had the community looking for the supposed intruder. They also said the brother was a witness. Yet, he was arrested...and I don't think they ever thought there was really an intruder.

I'm not suggesting that the family is involved, I'm just saying LE might have a good idea who they are looking for. It's not uncommon for LE to squeeze a suspect from all sides.

Also, the could simply mean it's "isolated," in that it's not connected to any other crimes. They could have no idea who did this, and still think their presence is enough in this community, that another child won't get snatched right now.

This explains it. More at link too.

Recent research has focused on improved techniques for distinguishing between an antemortem and a postmortem injury by analyzing damaged tissue. Antemortem injuries show signs of inflammation, while postmortem injuries do not. Chinese scientists have found that tissue from antemortem injuries contains a chemical involved in inflammation leukotriene B4 (LTB4). Postmortem injuries were found to have no LTB4. This could help the pathologist classify injuries more accurately.

http://www.enotes.com/antemortem-injuries-reference/antemortem-injuries

I'm not saying this very well lol!!

She may have had post morten injuries prior to her body ending up where it did. How would anyone know that they were related to the placement in the street?

They're resorting to Billboards yet they believe this is an isolated incident. Huh.

It IS isolated. No other children have gone missing. As I said before, it is isolated, until is is not. If LE feels they are making enough presence known, they are hoping that they will KEEP it an isolated incident. This is such typical LE speak. Isolated simply means that as of right now, it is unrelated to any other cases. If another case comes up that is related, it will no longer be considered an isolated incident. But right now, it is.

How could they determine what injuries she had associated with falling out of the truck though, as opposed to what happened after death prior to placement, or falling out of the vehicle?

Regarding how pathologists/ME determine injuries before vs. after death:

However, linked article also states "It can be especially difficult to distinguish between injuries inflicted in the very last few minutes of life and those caused postmortem."

Yes, I understand this but those injuries after death could have happened anytime prior to her body being placed/dropped/fallen out in that location.

In other words they can't be certain any injuries were from falling out of a truck etc.

Well, they are trained to know what injuries come from. A knife, club, being dragged behind a vehicle, dragged by a person, falling out of a vehicle, being thrown, hands, sticks, etc. If they find injuries consistent with being dumped or falling out of a moving vehicle, they could determine if they were before or after death. I wasn't very clear, in my previous answer...sorry about that.

Biggest question for me is; when was she last seen? (with confirmation)

In the morning?
Lunch?
Afternoon?
Dinner?

There has been NO information released about when she was last seen, what time that was, where (specifically) she was headed when she left, or anyone who saw her that day. There's some social media reports that a person saw her, but nothing confirmed by LE.

This explains it. More at link too.

Recent research has focused on improved techniques for distinguishing between an antemortem and a postmortem injury by analyzing damaged tissue. Antemortem injuries show signs of inflammation, while postmortem injuries do not. Chinese scientists have found that tissue from antemortem injuries contains a chemical involved in inflammation leukotriene B4 (LTB4). Postmortem injuries were found to have no LTB4. This could help the pathologist classify injuries more accurately.

Ha ha! I just posted the same thing! That's what I get for posting and trying to make dinner at the same time!

Oh yes, and this evening I'll be serving honey-teriyaki chicken, broccoli, and quinoa. And I'm sure popsicles for dessert again! Enjoy!:seeya:

There has been NO information released about when she was last seen, what time that was, where (specifically) she was headed when she left, or anyone who saw her that day. There's some social media reports that a person saw her, but nothing confirmed by LE.

Was she seen at all that day?

They said Leila Fowler wasn't an isolated incident, and still had the community looking for the supposed intruder. They also said the brother was a witness. Yet, he was arrested...and I don't think they ever thought there was really an intruder.

I'm not suggesting that the family is involved, I'm just saying LE might have a good idea who they are looking for. It's not uncommon for LE to squeeze a suspect from all sides.

Also, the could simply mean it's "isolated," in that it's not connected to any other crimes. They could have no idea who did this, and still think their presence is enough in this community, that another child won't get snatched right now.

But wasn't partly due to a witness or someone saying they saw a tall, long-haired man running near the house? And LE had to check that out thoroughly before discounting it?

Do they know how long she was on the street before anyone realized what was under the tarp? Have they said what the earliest time the tarp was seen on the street?

For that matter have they said any of her injuries besides the bag and being bound? =(

I wish LE would give more info!

If LE knows (which I assume they do), they haven't told the media/public. There were early reports that people first saw the tarp anywhere from noon to right before it was opened by the boys. I read somewhere that a neighbor left at 4 and returned at 4:30 and emphatically stated the tarp was not there either time she drove through there. I searched for the link to that but couldn't find it. It was in one of the first reports, I believe.

Nothing about injuries or condition of body other than near naked, hands and feet bound.

I know I am a broken record, but why doesn't LE give more info?

Pictures of the vehicles in question.

Pictures of her clothes.

The time she was last seen.

LE knows plenty that can be kept back such as COD.

But how about some things that the public might actually have some help?

Since she is found dead, no one cares or what?

I know I am a broken record, but why doesn't LE give more info?

Pictures of the vehicles in question.

Pictures of her clothes.

The time she was last seen.

LE knows plenty that can be kept back such as COD.

But how about some things that the public might actually have some help?

Since she is found dead, no one cares or what?

-The probably don't have a picture of the vehicle. it seems they were given a simple description. Red truck, green paint splatter.
-She was only in her underwear, they don't have a picture of her clothing that day...I assume.
-They might not know the last time she was seen. People might have an idea, but not sure. It doesn't seem her parents even know.

Was she seen at all that day?

LE has not confirmed or denied any sightings of her that day. Neighbors on social media have claimed they saw her at such and such time or that she came to play but they were leaving, but none of that has been substantiated by LE or can be taken as fact.

But wasn't partly due to a witness or someone saying they saw a tall, long-haired man running near the house? And LE had to check that out thoroughly before discounting it?

Yep. They did discount that a pretty good time before they arrested the brother. However, they called him a witness up until they announced his arrest. There are better examples, I'm sure. That's just the one that popped into my head right away.

FBI Launches Billboards Asking For Tips In Child Murder

The FBI has expanded its search for Alanna Gallagher’s killer.

Digital billboards started popping up Wednesday afternoon around Dallas and Fort Worth.

saginaw-murder-billboard.jpg

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2013/07/10/fbi-launches-billboards-asking-for-tips-in-child-murder/

Yep. They did discount that a pretty good time before they arrested the brother. However, they called him a witness up until they announced his arrest. There are better examples, I'm sure. That's just the one that popped into my head right away.

Somehow, IMO, most of knew how that case would go pretty early on.
This one, not. At least not for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member