GUILTY TX - Alanna Gallagher, 6, Saginaw, 1 July 2013 - #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you followed many cases? I've seen plenty where there is an obvious suspect, yet it takes months or longer to make an arrest.

Bbm Everybody's perspective counts. Not everyone is correct, but we're just talking here. I think this is just plain mean and down-putting.

What things would she have on her?

Cat hair, for one. I suspect this is why they collected hair from the family cats. It would be expected that Alanna might have hair from her own cats on her, but if a different cat hair is found on or with Alanna's body, it would indicate that either she was somewhere with another cat, or that her killer transfered cat hair from himself onto her.

Cat hair, for one. I suspect this is why they collected hair from the family cats. It would be expected that Alanna might have hair from her own cats on her, but if a different cat hair is found on or with Alanna's body, it would indicate that either she was somewhere with another cat, or that her killer transfered cat hair from himself onto her.

She might have cat hair on her, but LE also removed a whole bunch toilet paper, restraints, tapes, tarp, etc. Those things wouldn't be on her just because she lived in the house.

Agree! They have to be able to distinguish foreign DNA and other items, from what items were found in the home and would be normal for her to have on her.

She might have cat hair on her, but LE also removed a whole bunch toilet paper, restraints, tapes, tarp, etc. Those things wouldn't be on her just because she lived in the house.

True. I was answering your question about what she might have on her.

She was fund wrapped in a tarp and bound with something. it makes sense to me that LE would try to compare the items to stuff n the home to find out if they're similar or different, even though it may accomplish little as people might have only one similar tarp etc.

The male clothing and belt sizes 38-46 puzzle me. if they found fibers, how would they know what size clothing it came from?

“We are talking to all neighbors talking to anyone passing through — visitors — anybody to get more information,” says Saginaw Police Officer Damon Ing. “Nothing prompted this. It’s just the next step in the investigation.”

Jamie Moreno who lives near where Alanna’s body was found was questioned. He said police wanted to know his whereabouts during certain times.

Moreno spent several minutes talking to investigators and said he welcomed the extra attention on the case.

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2013/07/08/saginaw-police-narrow-focus-in-search-for-child-killer/

She was fund wrapped in a tarp and bound with something. it makes sense to me that LE would try to compare the items to stuff n the home to find out if they're similar or different, even though it may accomplish little as people might have only one similar tarp etc.

The male clothing and belt sizes 38-46 puzzle me. if they found fibers, how would they know what size clothing it came from?

I believe she was found with a belt around her. The search warrant just listed the size of the belts they took from the home, not the size found with the body.

I sort of assumed that the belt she was found with might be waist size 38-48? And that they were looking for similar sized belts in the house just to see if that was the size the parents wear. I am not sure how men's belts are sized. The belts I have (ladies) are just small, medium, large. 38-46 seems like a big spread to me....wouldn't a man's belt be more like 38-40 or 46-48, or am I wrong?

Well, the size belt tells me that the belt found around the tarp was a male pants belt, not a strap. The size 38-46 tells me the belt belongs to a large size male. JMO (the smallest hole is size 38 and the largest hole is 46 IMO).

Well, the size belt tells me that the belt found around the tarp was a male pants belt, not a strap. The size 38-46 tells me the belt belongs to a large size male. JMO (the smallest hole is size 38 and the largest hole is 46 IMO).

I think the size could include all three parent members of household.

I sort of assumed that the belt she was found with might be waist size 38-48? And that they were looking for similar sized belts in the house just to see if that was the size the parents wear. I am not sure how men's belts are sized. The belts I have (ladies) are just small, medium, large. 38-46 seems like a big spread to me....wouldn't a man's belt be more like 38-40 or 46-48, or am I wrong?

In looking at my husband's belts, they are specific sizes...30 or 32.

I'm thinking LE just took all the belts in the house and listed them as "belts size 38-46"...but I could, of course, be totally and completely wrong.

Bbm Everybody's perspective counts. Not everyone is correct, but we're just talking here. I think this is just plain mean and down-putting.

I actually think the perspective of someone who's followed FEW cases is very valuable because the rest of us are so jaded and have heard so many horror stories and wild things we can think up. A truly more PURE way of looking at things is good. So theorize away newbies! :)

I attempted to do a bit of tp sleuthing this morning to see how the lot numbers ran in rolls that I know are from the same package. Each bathroom has its own package in our house. Would you believe that I don't have two used tp rolls in any garbage? How on earth is that possible?

From 911 call, the body (or a tarp) was tied up with a belt. I presume that's why they are looking for a belt this size.

Folks, I'm just talking based on the evidence. Since the warrant was leaked, last 12 hours or so, I'm noticing that any non-parent theory gets jumped on and beaten to death, so I'm going to stop annoying people by posting them. Awaiting more info.

I think a reason the warrants were publicized was an attempt to shape public opinion-and to reiterate what I posted a couple of days ago....I hope the family had a lawyer with them during any interviews by LE.

I think a reason the warrants were publicized was an attempt to shape public opinion-and to reiterate what I posted a couple of days ago....I hope the family had a lawyer with them during any interviews by LE.

Warrants were released because media requested it and judge granted it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sleuthchic