GUILTY TX - Alanna Gallagher, 6, Saginaw, 1 July 2013 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
One reason I like this manual is that it incorporates the geographic profiling aspect by providing rock solid information with actual data.

I will say though that these are solved/convicted murders.

This does not say how these stats relate to the UNSOLVED murders.

I cant help but think LE has this figured out. Otherwise, out of responsibility and decency they would be advising parents to keep their children close.
jmo

Very very Interesting. Thank you.
There's lots of interesting pages.

I'm not a big fan of statistics. I think you can get lost in the numbers but I did think it had some interesting points about binding, and body location and also the % of the killer living with someone.

One very clever sleuther earlier today said that they thought the haste in dropping her off was because they lived with someone and couldn't risk keeping the body around the house.

Very interesting.

I do think logic would dictate that this would all point to whoever did this but then at the same time, doesn't help solve these other unsolved cases so I don't know what to think anymore.

We have recently been informed (by local LE) in our neighborhood that if we dont answer the door our home might be burglarized because they will think nobody is home.

If you have windows near your front door, why not just tell them you're not interested (using your hands) in the window? I would be scared to open the door if I was home alone because what if they try to force their way in?

It makes a lot of sense if the murderer lives with other people and was in a hurry to dump because of that but I think that even killers who live alone might be in some hurry to dispose of the body if they live very close to where the victim dsappeared from and are expecting LE to come knocking on their door any minute. He wouldn't have known that Alanna would only be reported missing a couple of hours later. And the sooner you get rid of the body the better chance that they won't find evidence of decomp in your home or your vehicle.

I'm not a big fan of statistics. I think you can get lost in the numbers but I did think it had some interesting points about binding, and body location and also the % of the killer living with someone.

One very clever sleuther earlier today said that they thought the haste in dropping her off was because they lived with someone and couldn't risk keeping the body around the house.

Very interesting.

I do think logic would dictate that this would all point to whoever did this but then at the same time, doesn't help solve these other unsolved cases so I don't know what to think anymore.

The perp has to live with others, or he/she would have waited till after dark. But he /she couldn't risk keeping her around.

IMO her little body was dumped before someone came home from work or returned from some other thing. That's why so close to home, in broad daylight, right on a street. The person had to very quickly get back home.

If you have windows near your front door, why not just tell them you're not interested (using your hands) in the window? I would be scared to open the door if I was home alone because what if they try to force their way in?

Do the "Home Alone" thing and make a gigantic silhouette cut out of a large man and then slowly make it go past the windows..........

I may get up early tomorrow and do just that. :scared:

The perp has to live with others, or he/she would have waited till after dark. But he /she couldn't risk keeping her around.

IMO her little body was dumped before someone came home from work or returned from some other thing. That's why so close to home, in broad daylight, right on a street. The person had to very quickly get back home.

Anyone there locally know of TWO people staying with someone living in that vicinity?

Regarding solicitors - we have strict privacy laws in Australia and one of them is "do not knock".

It is an offence for anyone to knock at your door for the purpose of making a sale and it is strictly enforced.

You can get stickers sent out to display, we have one on our front gate and another one on the front door just in case they miss the first one. :)

Also there is a national "do not call" register - no one is allowed to harass you by phone.

It makes life much more peaceful.

You could bug your government until they look at doing the same thing.

I agree Donj.

I also think when they are done with whatever they do, they are done. That's probably a fact that can be proved.

No need to have evidence that would get them arrested or if they had a conscience at all would do so from the guilt.

Do the "Home Alone" thing and make a gigantic silhouette cut out of a large man and then slowly make it go past the windows..........

I may get up early tomorrow and do just that. :scared:

I never had any fear of opening my door when I owned two very protective Dobermans.

I now have a greyhound that doesn't even bother getting off the sofa to see whose at the door.... Unless its the pizza delivery dude. He doesn't bark either unless he needs to relieve himself.

Regarding solicitors - we have strict privacy laws in Australia and one of them is "do not knock".

It is an offence for anyone to knock at your door for the purpose of making a sale and it is strictly enforced.

You can get stickers sent out to display, we have one on our front gate and another one on the front door just in case they miss the first one. :)

Also there is a national "do not call" register - no one is allowed to harass you by phone.

O/T We have the no trespassing laws but not the offence for anyone knocking on your door. Like I said you have to tell them first to get off your property. If they resist is when we can call the PD.

We have do not call and have for a long time. It doesn't stop the new angles somedays bypassing the law.

Just about 8 months ago we got a slew of calls, no messages etc..I turned each one in on the Do not call government site. No calls for the past 4 months like that.

I also had a woman come to my door asking for money because her daughter was in the hospital and she needed money for gas. yah.

She then told my dh she needed money for food, yah.

I told her to get the "heck" out of here & I would call the police. She proceeded to tell me "I've been doing this for over 10 years and it's not against the law". no chit. ha ha I still laugh about it. Got to love Tucson...my apologies for the off topic.

The OT first. My mother always had a sign on the door that said, "We shoot every 3rd salesman. The 2nd one just left!" I always thought it might be more effective if you played a recording of a shotgun being cocked just before answering the door too.

Back on topic. I've been wondering if it's possible that the person didn't realize how long it had been (or how late it was when she was first taken) and had to be at work for a graveyard shift.

I also knew someone years ago with a rather junky car. The door on the passenger side had to be held closed by a rope that was kept around the seat. If he wanted to let someone in, he'd just lift the rope off the seat and put it back on once they were inside. Someone could set up a car door the same way even if the latch did work on the door. If her body was leaning against the door, he could just pull the rope up when he came to a good spot to leave her, pull the door shut with the rope and put it hook it back up once she fell out. It wouldn't take much longer than a normal stop and he wouldn't have to get out or even lean over to get her out.

Not likely, I know. I doubt there are many people who have had to do this, and I can't see most people thinking of it if it wasn't necessary.

The OT first. My mother always had a sign on the door that said, "We shoot every 3rd salesman. The 2nd one just left!" I always thought it might be more effective if you played a recording of a shotgun being cocked just before answering the door too.

Back on topic. I've been wondering if it's possible that the person didn't realize how long it had been (or how late it was when she was first taken) and had to be at work for a graveyard shift.

I also knew someone years ago with a rather junky car. The door on the passenger side had to be held closed by a rope that was kept around the seat. If he wanted to let someone in, he'd just lift the rope off the seat and put it back on once they were inside. Someone could set up a car door the same way even if the latch did work on the door. If her body was leaning against the door, he could just pull the rope up when he came to a good spot to leave her, pull the door shut with the rope and put it hook it back up once she fell out. It wouldn't take much longer than a normal stop and he wouldn't have to get out or even lean over to get her out.

Not likely, I know. I doubt there are many people who have had to do this, and I can't see most people thinking of it if it wasn't necessary.

:seeya:

No need for a rickedly door. If they put her in the front seat, pulled up before the stop sign, open the door and push her out.

Sorry, but that's how cold this killer is. No big jack knifing to make her fall out of the bed of a truck. He or she just pulled up and opened a door. Be it the back of a truck, maybe a van, but could just be a regular common vehicle. Pull up, push out.

Sick s-o-b...

Yes, the police know everything I know. Believe me, I have racked my brain trying to think of more to tell them.

The neighbor was on her street, but I don't know which house, so I couldn't give them away if I wanted to.

AFAIK, no one at all was home. This is what I was told.

And yes, I think that may have been when she was snatched.

I narrowly escaped being abducted in a very similar circumstance when I was four. My mom watched me walk down the street to my friend's and walk up the drive. But she couldn't see me walk to the door as the garage obstructed her view. She waited and did not see me come back up the drive so she assumed I was inside. She was wrong. I remember all of it.

We have Do Not Call and I still get calls!!!

As far as door to door salespeople, just get a "No Soliciting" sign, and get a "No Trespassing" sign from your local hardware store. They are very inexpensive, and will keep all that foot traffic down. You can even make your own if handy about such things, as long as they are legible and durable for outside.

Around here most of those door to door people are scammers saying they are there for a youth group or something, while they are clearly high as heck on something with very red eyes and anger issues, they are just scoping out the neighborhoods. That is when it is time to call the non-emergency police number and have them send a car around to check the person out.

I do not answer my door anymore if no one has told me in advance they are coming to visit. I don't even go to the door.

I just saw the post about Alanna's friend not being home. The one she wanted to go see and stay out a bit later for. Wow, that just set all the gears in motion. A lone child wandering around and clearly a bit down in the dumps is an easy target for any kind of happy face and opening line. :( :(

Somedays you can't win. Somedays who you trust aren't the ones to trust, I found out tonight. bummer for Alanna. May she rest in peace. I understand her mistake in trusting someone. May she be wrapped in a blanket of pure love. I can only wish her a silent death with drugs, which only her and the perp know at the moment & a soft death for Alanna.

Justice will be served. Really disgusted at some of my friends at the moment. Darn, the trusted and true. yah

Somedays you can't win. Somedays who you trust aren't the ones to trust, I found out tonight. bummer for Alanna. May she rest in peace. I understand her mistake in trusting someone. May she be wrapped in a blanket of pure love. I can only wish her a silent death with drugs, which only her and the perp know at the moment.

Justice will be served. Really disgusted at some of my friends at the moment. Darn, the trusted and true. yah

(Hugs). :seeya:

LDhummingbird, thank you for coming here and offering your insights. I cannot imagine how distressing this is for everyone connected to Alanna and her family.

I'm following this thread every day. Sometimes I think it was someone local she was familiar with. Then I think it may well have been someone driving through, saw an opportunity, and pounced. I agree with those who think her body was intentionally left there. Panic or simply not having a plan makes the most sense to me.

I also think that the silence from LE is strategic. But it worries me that someone has key information without knowing it and, without prompting, it will be forgotten. I also worry that someone close to the killer has their suspicions but the silence makes it easier to brush that aside. I hope LE has the pieces and just needs to put the puzzle together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Donwes