GUILTY TX - Alanna Gallagher, 6, Saginaw, 1 July 2013 - #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep. :)
Knowles is a very small two lane street with no lights, and only a couple of stop signs. For about half its length, it's bordered on the West by Willow Creek Park, and on the East by residential neighborhoods, and the speed limit is 30. A little North of McLeroy, it broadens a bit and is bordered on both sides by neighborhoods, including Alanna's. The speed limit changes to 20 about half a mile before it reaches Bailey Boswell, where it dead ends. I live in a neighborhood on the other side of Longhorn, and it's a great (and pretty) way to cut right through town to get to Walmart if you don't mind the slow speed limits.

Saginaw Main (US 287) and Old Decatur both have much higher speed limits and much heavier traffic. A kidnapper who knew the area would have to be out of his mind to take one of those streets with his victim, when Knowles is available as a much more isolated alternative.

The first time I took Knowles home from the store after Alanna was killed, I thought about how easy it is to hop on Knowles from her street, and end up at the dump site. Just a few turns and a mile or so of very sparse traffic. I'm almost certain that's the route the killer took with her, because it's the best option for getting her out of the neighborhood quickly without being seen. I still scan for anything that looks like discarded clothing every time I go that way. :(

Here's a map, for anyone who's interested:
0vn3szv.jpg

If you follow that route in street view, there's a clump of trees at [approximately] 300 Woodcrest. Those trees are very thick, overgrown, and dark right now, and driving by them I couldn't help but wonder if that might be the kill spot. There's nothing around, and I doubt anyone would think twice about a car parked near them.

rsbm

That was my impression after looking at the map early on. It appears to be much easier to take Knowles to Woodcrest, WC to Roundrock, and then Roundrock to the less populated, wooded area of Old Decatur Rd, which might have been the intended destination IF the tarp fell from the vehicle unintentionally. And as you said, it's a route a local or someone familiar with the neighborhood would choose.

rsbm

That was my impression after looking at the map early on. It appears to be much easier to take Knowles to Woodcrest, WC to Roundrock, and then Roundrock to the less populated, wooded area of Old Decatur Rd, which might have been the intended destination IF the tarp fell from the vehicle unintentionally. And as you said, it's a route a local or someone familiar with the neighborhood would choose.

rsbm? :dunno: ;)

If you mean the wooded area at Old Decatur and Cromwell Marine Creek, it is heavily wooded, but that's a pretty busy intersection. It can take a while to get through there during rush hour, and the closest place to park would be in the liquor store parking lot on the Southeast corner - there are no shoulders on the roads there.

If you mean the wooded area at Old Decatur and Cromwell Marine Creek, it is heavily wooded, but that's a pretty busy intersection. It can take a while to get through there during rush hour, and the closest place to park would be in the liquor store parking lot on the Southeast corner - there are no shoulders on the roads there.

I agree. Also, if Alanna's body fell out in the spot where the pictures show, they would have been driving away from that area. Could be they thought about that area, then got there and realized it would be too risky?

No, there was one originally at Roundrock & Cindy, where Alanna was found. Apparently, after it was taken down by the city, another started (or maybe there was a smaller one near Alanna's home all along? IDK). But the night of the fire there was a smaller memorial on Alanna's street, and it burned.

I posted the text of the mailbox note on July 19. (Friday) that was the day the note appeared in a video on a news channel.

A local drove by on two different days. The memorial was there, then a couple of days later, this local (she?) drove by again, and it was gone. So, we don't have an exact time it was removed, but not long before the 19th.

ETA: the locals who posted about the memorial being taken down are texashello and briTCU here's where they talked about: Found Deceased TX - Alanna Gallagher, 6, Saginaw, 01 July 2013 - #7 - Page 13 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

This is an excellent map and I'm kind of jealous that I was too lazy to accomplish the same.

If you add up the victim's ages = 40.

divide by the number of victims listed on the map 40/6 = 6.

The last girl added to the list also had bangs and dark hair.

Anyone else able to recall a geographic location with the relative population of DFW and THIS MANY kids this age missing/dead?

This is an excellent map and I'm kind of jealous that I was too lazy to accomplish the same.

Anyone else able to recall a geographic location with the relative population of DFW and THIS MANY kids this age missing/dead?

Rsbm (lol I think that's right) IB, Tyler and Kileen are fairly distant, so if the 4 in the actual metroplex are the only cases counted is that still a relatively high number? Of course, I know 1 is 1 too many, but as a mom I'm kind of freaking out right now.

If you mean the wooded area at Old Decatur and Cromwell Marine Creek , it is heavily wooded, but that's a pretty busy intersection. It can take a while to get through there during rush hour, and the closest place to park would be in the liquor store parking lot on the Southeast corner - there are no shoulders on the roads there.
Sorry. That should have been rbbm

rbbm=respectfully bolded by me
rsbm=respectfully snipped by me

Websleuths Lingo

Anyway, yes, I thought south of Cromwell Marine Creek Rd -- or actually, somewhere in the quad bordered by CMC Rd, Old Decatur Rd, Marine Creek Pkwy, and Longhorn -- would be a likely destination based on the apparent route, and the fact that it's wooded and isolated. From what I can tell by walking it in Google, it would be easy enough for a car to pull over for a few minutes. Despite waiting at the light to make a left turn, driving through the neighborhood is still a good alternative to taking Old Decatur Rd from the G's neighborhood, imo.

I agree. Also, if Alanna's body fell out in the spot where the pictures show, they would have been driving away from that area. Could be they thought about that area, then got there and realized it would be too risky?
They would have been heading west on Roundrock toward Old Decatur Rd.

Sorry. That should have been rbbm

rbbm=respectfully bolded by me
rsbm=respectfully snipped by me

Websleuths Lingo

Oh wow, thanks!! I've been so lost on some of the abbreviations around here. :scared: xD Also just noticed the "Thanks" feature, I'll start using it! :blushing:
Edit: And looky! I have a picture now! :D

Anyway, yes, I thought south of Cromwell Marine Creek Rd -- or actually, somewhere in the quad bordered by CMC Rd, Old Decatur Rd, Marine Creek Pkwy, and Longhorn -- would be a likely destination based on the apparent route, and the fact that it's wooded and isolated. From what I can tell by walking it in Google, it would be easy enough for a car to pull over for a few minutes. Despite waiting at the light to make a left turn, driving through the neighborhood is still a good alternative to taking Old Decatur Rd from the G's neighborhood, imo.

Hmmm. I still can't see being able to unload a body anywhere in that intersection, or off of CMC, or even Marine Creek Pkwy - there's just too much traffic, but...

This whole area is growing incredibly fast. I'd forgotten that sometime in the last year and a half or so, they punched Longhorn the rest of the way through to MCP (It used to dead end at Old Decatur.) Now there, you might have a chance of not being seen...I'd have to go look at it, last time I drove that way I don't think they'd even paved it yet, and the subdivision they were expanding for was still several hundred yards away. :waitasec:

The Dallas-Fort Worth-Arlington metroplex has over 6 million residents, as of the 2011 census. That includes the counties of all the victims, except fot Tyler and Kileen. Those are not DFW. People under 9 years account for 9 % of the population of DFW in 2010. I don't actualy think a handful of cases in over 14 years is very remarkable for such a huge population. Now I think one child is too much, but I'm just speaking statistically.

I know the population was smaller 14 years ago, but I still think it was large enough, for this not be common in any sense. It's still incredibly rare. In 1995 there was still over 4.5 million people.

I've been AWOL for several days and came across this image (originally posted by Snoopster) while catching up. Is this part of a missing person's poster

Oh wow, thanks!! I've been so lost on some of the abbreviations around here. :scared: xD Also just noticed the "Thanks" feature, I'll start using it! :blushing:
Edit: And looky! I have a picture now! :D

Hmmm. I still can't see being able to unload a body anywhere in that intersection, or off of CMC, or even Marine Creek Pkwy - there's just too much traffic, but...

This whole area is growing incredibly fast. I'd forgotten that sometime in the last year and a half or so, they punched Longhorn the rest of the way through to MCP (It used to dead end at Old Decatur.) Now there, you might have a chance of not being seen...I'd have to go look at it, last time I drove that way I don't think they'd even paved it yet, and the subdivision they were expanding for was still several hundred yards away. :waitasec:

Glad you liked the link and you're finding your way around. :D

Sooo...not to sound like a smart alec, but the tarp was dropped right at a busy intersection in the middle of a well -populated subdivision, and no one saw a thing. ;)

They would have been heading west on Roundrock toward Old Decatur Rd.

Did someone move the tarp before the photo from msm of the tarp in front of the home was taken? If not then I don't see how they were driving toward Old Decatur and she fell out (which I'm not sure I believe she was unintentionally left there). I'm sure that I'm missing something and hope that you'll explain your thoughts so I can see this more clearly. TIA.

The Dallas-Fort Worth-Arlington metroplex has over 6 million residents, as of the 2011 census. That includes the counties of all the victims, except fot Tyler and Kileen. Those are not DFW. People under 9 years account for 9 % of the population of DFW in 2010. I don't actualy think a handful of cases in over 14 years is very remarkable for such a huge population. Now I think one child is too much, but I'm just speaking statistically.

I know the population was smaller 14 years ago, but I still think it was large enough, for this not be common in any sense. It's still incredibly rare. In 1995 there was still over 4.5 million people.

Question for everyone:

In the past 20 years, how many cases have there been where a child was abducted and murdered by a stranger in your metro area? Cases similar to what happened to Amber, Opal, Ashley, and (possibly) Alanna.

ITA. LE is tying up "loose ends", so a defense attorney can't proclaim that the police didn't investigate all the tips or all other suspects which could =reasonable doubt.

Disagree respectfully.

I think they have a plethora of evidence.
I think they have no matches to anyone they have taken evidence from
I think they are at a standstill as they said.

Question for everyone:

In the past 20 years, how many cases have there been where a child was abducted and murdered by a stranger in your metro area? Cases similar to what happened to Amber, Opal, Ashley, and (possibly) Alanna.

In the past 20 yrs ....in my area?

I've been AWOL for several days and came across this image (originally posted by Snoopster) while catching up. Is this part of a missing person's poster

<image snipped>

No, it's from the newsletter that was issued to the media. One of the reporters quickly snapped a picture of it and uploaded it to twitter.

Does anyone know if it's normal for LE to follow up with tipsters?

I sent them some data, and I don't expect them to reply - I haven't received any correspondence from them. I know they must be busy going through all the tips. But you are local, and I think if you can get to speak face to face with someone you might have a better chance of reporting your story.
Don't be afraid to report. I was, as I thought what use would this be, until another WS'er gave me the courage. So I take that courage and hand it over to you - there ya go :) You'll feel better too knowing you did report it and they wrote your report down.

i alternate between thinking that the perp was someone the family knew vs a serial killer/s)

internet theory: Possible suitor who tried to friend lg, kg or mm and was turned down. Or part of the circle who was jealous of the gallaghers bond? I don't know of course but i would imagine that people with alternative lifestyles would have communities within which they socialize and find support.

Serial killer angle: In the murders of ashley, opal, amber (i'm so sorry i'm blanking on the other names). I know in two of those murders someone was arrested. For opal the perp was charged only for the kidnapping. And was it ashley who's perp was exonerated by dna? So this is far fetched maybe. But what if there are two killers. The main perp is the dominate perp who chooses victims, does the kill etc. Then the submissive perp disposes of body and such so that they end up taking the fall. Basically being set up by the main perp who is never caught? In this case that submissive one could have been sent to set the fire as well.

Those are my ideas.

what is the pop in your area?

I never see anything in the pictures posted here but I think I do this time.
In the second pic, I see the driver looking ahead, arms outstretched to steering wheel and possible wearing a white shirt. In the back seat, I see a face looking towards the camera. I see 2 men on bikes outside the car.

Call me crazy:google:

Then call me crazy too. I spent a lot of time yesterday staring at those pictures that I wasn't sure if my eyes started seeing things. It was determined the purple was some photo lighting effect on the tree, there is similar on the other side of the tree in the leaves too.

But then this morning on first look I see the same things straight away again. driver with hands on wheel, white tshirt, someone in the back looking out and someone in purple riding on a bike.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx