TX TX - Alexandria Lowitzer, 16, Spring, 26 April 2010 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Houston local TV station KHOU just had a special report on concerning new tips which will hopefully lead to Ali's recovery.

The private investigator which has been working on Ali's case for a while received a new tip which took him to Columbus, OH. Apparently, he was in touch with the local police in Columbus with the tip he had received and a raid was performed on a house where human trafficking victims reside. Unfortunately, Ali was not there, but the 2 individuals in the house at the time recognized her photo and confirmed that they had seen her there.

Ali turns 20 this coming Sunday or Monday. Her Mom was interviewed for the report and she has renewed hope that Ali is alive and that the PI will continue to follow the new trail and hopefully be able to locate Ali and bring her home to Spring.

http://www.khou.com/news/crime/Tips...l-leads-police-to-Ohio-brothel-242691191.html

One more thought. Seeing her poor sweet mother on TV saying she almost wished it wasn't her because she didn't want her to of been put through all of that was absolutely heartbreaking. I understand completely where she's coming from, but I can't even fathom how awful it is to feel that way.

I'm thinking that the Ohio, Columbus news should make sure they broadcast the reward.

MONEY TALKS!!!!!

I just watch the report on TV. The PI getting a glimpse of her gives me so much hope. I about jumped out of my skin when I heard her name on the TV. Wow.

ETA: Here we go with a link.

http://www.khou.com/news/crime/Tips...l-leads-police-to-Ohio-brothel-242691191.html

Caught a glimpse of her? How? When? I wish they'd had been more specific about those circumstances. If this was actually Ali, my fear now is that she has already been whisked away to a different location and could be anywhere by now.

Still, it's a glimmer of hope...

I never stop being horrified when I hear of a new "den" of human trafficking victims, and in my state! I'm from further north so I haven't heard anything on the news, but this gives such a ray of hope that Ali will be found alive!

The private investigator told them that not only did people at the house recognize Ali from pictures, but the investigator herself even caught a glimpse of the now 19-year-old.

I don't understand how he "caught a glimpse" of her but she isn't home right now??

I don't understand how he "caught a glimpse" of her but she isn't home right now??

Did he go there undercover, say posing as a client - so he wasn't in a position to rescue her? That's what sprang to my mind. Sadly, it won't just be Ali, if indeed that was her he glimpsed, who needs rescuing from that place.

I would love for Ali to be found. All missing cases are incredibly heart-wrenching, but hers is one of the particular cases that I come to WS for, hoping to see a special announcement of her safe return.

For her family's sake, I sincerely hope this doesn't turn out to be a false lead or dead end.

The PI seeing her was from the live news report. The way I understood it (which could be incorrect) the PI got a few tips of people spotting her and went to investigate herself. She caught a glimpse of her and went to the LE in Ohio. They then planned this raid. When the raid happened there were only a couple of people inside though, and neither were Ali.

Houston local TV station KHOU just had a special report on concerning new tips which will hopefully lead to Ali's recovery.

The private investigator which has been working on Ali's case for a while received a new tip which took him to Columbus, OH. Apparently, he was in touch with the local police in Columbus with the tip he had received and a raid was performed on a house where human trafficking victims reside. Unfortunately, Ali was not there, but the 2 individuals in the house at the time recognized her photo and confirmed that they had seen her there.

Ali turns 20 this coming Sunday or Monday. Her Mom was interviewed for the report and she has renewed hope that Ali is alive and that the PI will continue to follow the new trail and hopefully be able to locate Ali and bring her home to Spring.

BBM - reading that felt like a punch in the gut. she was taken from her family as just a girl and now here we are on the verge of her 20th birthday and this beautiful young woman is still not home :/

not sure how i feel about this PI report. I love that there is hope, but I pray that it isn't intentionally false hope.. I dont know. I always feel wary of this kind of thing.

ali, where are you!?

also can anyone find any articles about the actual raid. my google skills have failed me, it seems!

Here is an article from FOX 28 in Columbus:
http://www.myfox28columbus.com/shar...syx_police-bust-prostitution-ring-28890.shtml

It states:
Police were acting on a tip from a private investigator from Texas. The PI said she saw a girl inside the house that has been missing for nearly a decade

Although it has been 4 years not a decade (but too long regardless). They go on to give incorrect information re: her age as well.

But my point is he says he saw her in the house. I am guessing like someone suggested above, he was there, possibly undercover, before he came back with the police.....?...? Very strange.

"The private investigator told them that not only did people at the house recognize Ali from pictures, but the investigator herself even caught a glimpse of the now 19-year-old."

There is a blurb on one of the FB pages explaining what happened. Not the official page so not feeling I can post it here. The PI is a female though.

http://www.myfox28columbus.com/temp...ies/archive/2014/01/O6utupSZ.xml#.Uuw9-f0yTso

"Cammack told ABC 6/FOX 28 that she saw obvious signs that the men were trafficking underage girls. "She got me into the house. I've never been so scared in my life," said Cammack, referring to a girl from the streets. "That's what I went in there as...trying to buy a girl." Cammack said she witnessed women being beaten in front of her and people using crack cocaine. This week, she came back to work as an informant for police and said she wore a wire inside Clarks home. She said Clark agreed to bring her a young girl to a nearby hotel where undercover officers were waiting. "

From what I understand the female PI was undercover trying to 'buy a girl" from my post above with link. She was scared to death is what it seems from what I've read in these articles. It seems she called LE with tip after leaving at some point? Then was used by LE with a wire to go back into the house. (I say this because they didn't come out with Ali and sounds like they went right in after the wiring???) I'm getting from reading all this that she caught the glimpse when she went in alone, without a wire connecting her to LE. I imagine that would be far too dangerous a situation to do anything there and then. Seems like Le going in didn't happen right away though……..

http://www.myfox28columbus.com/temp...ies/archive/2014/01/O6utupSZ.xml#.Uuw9-f0yTso

"Cammack told ABC 6/FOX 28 that she saw obvious signs that the men were trafficking underage girls. "She got me into the house. I've never been so scared in my life," said Cammack, referring to a girl from the streets. "That's what I went in there as...trying to buy a girl." Cammack said she witnessed women being beaten in front of her and people using crack cocaine. This week, she came back to work as an informant for police and said she wore a wire inside Clarks home. She said Clark agreed to bring her a young girl to a nearby hotel where undercover officers were waiting. "

this entire article makes my skin crawl. HOW can those two men only be charged with promoting prostitution and not something else more serious??

please let this point us to ali--quickly!:please:

WTH is this being publicized????? If she did see AL, i'll wager she's long gone by now. I only hope the so-called PI hasn't placed her in a more perilous position than she was in already, IF the young woman actually is AL. And what about the girl who got her "into the house"? What about her safety? Does she think people in Ohio don't have access to the news in Texas? Oh, wait! One article is out of Columbus!

I'm sorry, but speaking to the media at this stage is wreckless and irresponsible.

I see this kind of thing happening more and more lately, and I say it's time to put the P-R-I-V-A-T-E back in P.I.

:rant:

WTH is this being publicized????? If she did see AL, i'll wager she's long gone by now. I only hope the so-called PI hasn't placed her in a more perilous position than she was in already, IF the young woman actually is AL. And what about the girl who got her "into the house"? What about her safety? Does she think people in Ohio don't have access to the news in Texas? Oh, wait! One article is out of Columbus!

I'm sorry, but speaking to the media at this stage is wreckless and irresponsible.

I see this kind of thing happening more and more lately, and I say it's time to put the P-R-I-V-A-T-E back in P.I.

:rant:

Thank you for pulling these words out of my brain. I felt the exact same way, when I found the article in the Columbus news..I was shocked. Why would they put her name and picture out there? I am afraid this could have put her in danger, and at the least put her in hiding. I still can't comprehend why they put this information out there. My hubby's family lives about an hour and a half away from Columbus, and they are on their way to texas to visit today..I can't wait to ask if they have seen this on the news. I am waiting on Harris County Sheriff to pick up the ball that IMO has been dropped several times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rythmico