TX TX - Alexandria Lowitzer, 16, Spring, 26 April 2010 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting comment by John Lowitzer on the Bring Home Ali Lowitzer Facebook site today. He thinks they should look more closely into the people who owned the restaurant where Ali worked.
https://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=120051401346429

I have just read thru this whole thread and got to the above post and then the last facebook comments. Wow think it is definitely something they should be looking into and it would make absolute sense if they did not think this girl was a runaway. Maybe someone there "tried it on her" so to speak and she screamed or said she would tell etc etc.

It does not seem that this line of enquiry has been followed up, but awfully suss that he disappeared 3months after her disappearance and the place shut down.

Hope her poor parents get some answers

I have just read thru this whole thread and got to the above post and then the last facebook comments. Wow think it is definitely something they should be looking into and it would make absolute sense if they did not think this girl was a runaway. Maybe someone there "tried it on her" so to speak and she screamed or said she would tell etc etc.

It does not seem that this line of enquiry has been followed up, but awfully suss that he disappeared 3months after her disappearance and the place shut down.

Hope her poor parents get some answers

Is the previous owner of the Burger Barn have the last name of Hatem? Does anyone know his full name. I have been reading the comments left on some of the local news site websites and several people seem to have had issues of how the owner handled himself around his younger employees. He apparantly was never taught about personal space and was getting very close to his employees.

There is no way she ran away. I can't stand how little media attention Ali received/receives compared to some other cases, I guess it isn't all just about race. She just vanishes, poof, on her way home from school, and hardly anyone even knows. I am really disgusted with how her case was handled by LE from the start.

There is no way she ran away. I can't stand how little media attention Ali received/receives compared to some other cases, I guess it isn't all just about race. She just vanishes, poof, on her way home from school, and hardly anyone even knows. I am really disgusted with how her case was handled by LE from the start.

I agree and I also do not believe she just ran away. Can't believe LE hasn't worked this case as a missing/abducted child instead of saying she just ran away. :banghead:

Amazed at how short this thread/discussion about Ali is and how little media attention this case has gotten. It doesn't even remotely strike me as a runaway case.

Thinking about my own daughter almost the same age as Ali when she went missing and my own daughter having braces, I am struck by how much her parents cared...enough to pay thousands of dollars for braces to straighten her teeth. She called her mother regularly it sounds like and was in constant contact...why run away? I am thinking unless she left the state (seems unlikely), she would be somewhere that her parents would have heard about in a year! Teenagers aren't very good at keeping completely mum about that type of thing and it would have been disclosed by now where she is staying, who she's staying with, etc.

Bumping for ALi. This case needs some attention. I seriously doubt this girl ran away. Someone had to have taken her.

My suspect(s) lead to her employer also. I visited the Burger B... (after her disappearance) it looks as though it was closed with anticipation of reopening the following day! It has remained closed and in same condition ONE year later! Certainly a liquidation of assets would be conducted in the event of it going out of business; don't you think? I understand there have been two searches of boss' residence and property.

I suspect police know way more about this case than we do. Ali remains listed as a "Runaway" in the dps website (dept of public safety). There has got to be a reason she is still listed as such; my hunch is because they are following a trail to solve this mystery.
Dateline NBC - where are you?
My heart goes out for Ali's parents as they lay in wait for the return of their daughter. It is time to bring her home ... safe and sound, preferably.

Bumping once again for Ali -- our heart breaks...

WHERE IS ALEXANDRIA LOWITZER?

I am astonished at how this case never even seemed to get off the ground. And if she is still being classified as a runaway, I certainly hope LE has some inside info that gives credence for this. All that we know for now, unfortunately, points quite clearly to foul play.

This story is so frustrating!
SOMETHING obviously happened to Ali...where is she??? :(

I think that Ali's misfortune was being "scene"/emo/goth/whatever you want to call it, because for a lot of people, that equates with being depressed/mentally ill, and therefore they assume that "of course she ran away, and anyone who believes differently is in denial. I'm sure there were warning signs, her parents just don't want to look bad for not getting her help" (something someone actually said to me about the case, I grew up in the area and a lot of family still lives there.)

I should ask an old high school friend about this case, I know she went out for every search and everything. Maybe she'll know something we don't.

I haven't checked to see if any of the other girls have been found yet, as I just ran across this article. But my first thoughts are how frightening. Sure would hate to be a parent of a missing teen in Houston :(

http://www.khou.com/news/Seven-Missing-Girls-In-Two-Months-Worries-Kingwood-Parent-95238394.html
KINGWOOD, Texas – The disappearances of seven teenage girls in less than two months have prompted a concerned parent to question the system that labels them "runaways."
Lowitzer, along with the other girls, have been labeled "runaways" by law enforcement officials, due to a lack of evidence of any foul play.

kdgirl,
If you went ahead and checked, I'm certain you were able to ascertain that (I believe) all of the other girls missing from the same general area have now been accounted for -- "all", that is, except Alexandria...

The reason, as I understand it, why LE stubbornly refuses to change Ali's status from "Endangered Runaway" to "missing", "abducted" or some other classification more urgent is two-fold: 1) There are no eye-witness accounts or other evidence to suggest she was "taken" (flimsy, yet non-labor intensive, reasoning, IMO), 2) An entry in Ali's diary mentioning running away; however, Ali's parents maintain that entry could have been made as long ago as a couple of years (and what teenager has not contemplated "running away" at some point in their young lives?)

Personally, I believe there is a third reason: There seems to be a pervasive attitude on the part of many people (not only LE but business executives, politicians, judges, district attorneys, etc.) that, once they have rendered a decision on some matter (no matter how untenable the premise for that decision might become), going back and changing it (even in the light of new evidence to the contrary) at any point thereafter makes them appear incompetent and unreliable to others. So it seems many in positions of authority will stubbornly cling to erroneous decisions they made on some matter early on before all of the possible variables were known rather than admit their mistake and take steps to rectify it.

I can well understand, when the initial investigation of this case was underway, how LE could look at Ali's rather, shall we say "artistic mode of personal style", combine that with the diary entry and then issue the classification they did. Anyone might have made that same call...

At some time period, however, after that, they must have learned that Ali was a Girl Scout, a major player on her softball team, a young lady only beginning to experience her first "puppy love type" relationship, from all accounts, a happy, outgoing girl with a talent for art with a generally excellent relationship with her family and friends. Some period of time after THAT, LE would have to have learned about the sudden cease of Ali's copious texting AND her absence from the friend's birthday party that she helped organize.

That is the point where, IMHO, LE SHOULD have gone back and changed the classification. It was done in the Hailey Dunn case and SHOULD HAVE BEEN DONE, most definitely IMHO, in Ali's.

This is where I am (as I imagine many others associated with Ali's case on the outside of LE are, as well): Frustrated with LE's stubborn persistence in clinging to an obviously erroneous initial assumption that makes additional resources for finding Ali completely unavailable to her family.

It just makes me want to grab somebody by the shoulders, shake them and shout in their face "Wake UP! Your perceived reputation cannot POSSIBLY be more important in the greater scheme of things than the life of this precious, little girl!"

Sorry for the rant... I get fed up sometimes...

For Ali --

kdgirl,
If you went ahead and checked, I'm certain you were able to ascertain that (I believe) all of the other girls missing from the same general area have now been accounted for -- "all", that is, except Alexandria...

The reason, as I understand it, why LE stubbornly refuses to change Ali's status from "Endangered Runaway" to "missing", "abducted" or some other classification more urgent is two-fold: 1) There are no eye-witness accounts or other evidence to suggest she was "taken" (flimsy, yet non-labor intensive, reasoning, IMO), 2) An entry in Ali's diary mentioning running away; however, Ali's parents maintain that entry could have been made as long ago as a couple of years (and what teenager has not contemplated "running away" at some point in their young lives?)

Personally, I believe there is a third reason: There seems to be a pervasive attitude on the part of many people (not only LE but business executives, politicians, judges, district attorneys, etc.) that, once they have rendered a decision on some matter (no matter how untenable the premise for that decision might become), going back and changing it (even in the light of new evidence to the contrary) at any point thereafter makes them appear incompetent and unreliable to others. So it seems many in positions of authority will stubbornly cling to erroneous decisions they made on some matter early on before all of the possible variables were known rather than admit their mistake and take steps to rectify it.

I can well understand, when the initial investigation of this case was underway, how LE could look at Ali's rather, shall we say "artistic mode of personal style", combine that with the diary entry and then issue the classification they did. Anyone might have made that same call...

At some time period, however, after that, they must have learned that Ali was a Girl Scout, a major player on her softball team, a young lady only beginning to experience her first "puppy love type" relationship, from all accounts, a happy, outgoing girl with a talent for art with a generally excellent relationship with her family and friends. Some period of time after THAT, LE would have to have learned about the sudden cease of Ali's copious texting AND her absence from the friend's birthday party that she helped organize.

That is the point where, IMHO, LE SHOULD have gone back and changed the classification. It was done in the Hailey Dunn case and SHOULD HAVE BEEN DONE, most definitely IMHO, in Ali's.

This is where I am (as I imagine many others associated with Ali's case on the outside of LE are, as well): Frustrated with LE's stubborn persistence in clinging to an obviously erroneous initial assumption that makes additional resources for finding Ali completely unavailable to her family.

It just makes me want to grab somebody by the shoulders, shake them and shout in their face "Wake UP! Your perceived reputation cannot POSSIBLY be more important in the greater scheme of things than the life of this precious, little girl!"

Sorry for the rant... I get fed up sometimes...

For Ali --

I agree 100% of what you said. Too bad you can't send that post to LE and maybe someone there would wake the heck up and change her classification to a missing person! I still think they need to check the previous owner of the Burger Barn out better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lizakind