TX TX - Alexandria Lowitzer, 16, Spring, 26 April 2010 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot of the kids in the area dress similarly. My son is an artist and all his friends look just about like that. Maybe I'm just used to it, but she doesn't look any different than the average Spring Tx teen.

Too much about this case screams foul play. She deserves to be located once and for all, and her family deserves an apology from LE for dropping the ball on this one. I don't normally feel LE fails, but this time, they did.

There needs to be a new push for searches. It's hot out, but she deserves better than this.

flowerlady, I used to live in SoCo as well. Petaluma, to be exact.

Does anyone know what the theories are in Ali's case? Does anyone know what her parents' theory is?

It seems to me like every tidbit of information we can possibly chew on in her case has been held tightly under wraps.

Does anyone know what the theories are in Ali's case? Does anyone know what her parents' theory is?

It seems to me like every tidbit of information we can possibly chew on in her case has been held tightly under wraps.

I believe the last thing her father, John, posted on this subject was in one of the FaceBook pages dedicated to her and he said something about the owners of the Burger Barn needing to be checked out more.

I don't know that this is necessarily what has been going on, Blue. I think, at first, LE's rather smug and "cavalier" attitude about her disappearance (in insisting that Ali had "run away") put Ali's case on "the back burner". The sudden halt in Ali's copious texting habit wasn't enough for them to reverse their stand; however, as the days wore on, several "red flags" started going up that had to have given them second thoughts about their hasty initial assessment of the situation ("girl scout", "birthday party", "softball playoffs", "new boyfriend", etc.) but I think this happened in small increments spaced far apart (a couple or a few days in between each discovery) in time. So, while, when they're all gathered together, the preponderance of facts easily appear to be worthy of "course-changing", the accumulation was so gradual, that LE didn't pay much attention until -- all of a sudden they turned around one day and said, "Oh, man! It looks like we might have called this one all wrong from the beginning!"

I think it also might appear "tightly under wraps" if one has not been following the threads on FaceBook posted by Ali's family at the same time as this one here on WS. I truly think one needs to see both what's there and what's here -- in the order of posting -- in order to get a sense of the "flow of information".

Just my :twocents:

jean in CA

I am also a member of the FB page and did notice that the latest postings by the admin of that page show the "softer" side of Ali - mentioning Girl Scouts, friends, softball, etc.

I also noticed that there is not much in the way of discussion on that page. I did send Ali's mom a link to WS a while back, but do not know if she reads here or not.

I'm pretty sure she does, Blue. I know that other family members check-in here.

Thanks for helping keep Ali "bumped" to the top of the list... :eek:)

jean

Today, my own daughter celebrates her birthday... and I know where she is. Bumping this thread in honor of Jo Ann Lowitzer, a mother who doesn't know where her daughter is today.

WHERE IS ALEXANDRIA LOWITZER?

Just a question: why does this case gets almost no attention, not even here at WS, while cases like Lauren Spierer's are so popular?? What makes a case more notable than other??

I think most people read "runaway" and "145 pounds" and lost interest. I almost did myself. A while back, I was reading on here about an overweight teenage girl with tattoos, a drug problem, and facebook postings that displayed a very limited level of literacy. I know it's so wrong, but I didn't care as much at that point and stopped keeping up with that particular case. I don't know if it's a conscious or subconscious decision to lose interest, but it happens to me and I think it's an extremely common thing that happens to most people on Websleuths and in the general population. Even though we don't want to admit it, we probably all have biases to some degree regarding age, gender, race, religion, socioeconomics, educational level, nationality and other demographic issues. I know we should look at all humans as equals, but I just wanted to give a candid answer to your question.

If a photo of Ali had been on the first post and if she hadn't been declared a runaway, her case would probably have multiple threads by now. I was surprised later in the thread by her surprisingly cute photo and how she was a very industrious girl who was dedicated to her friends, her family, her softball team, and had a job when a lot of adults don't even have a job these days. It was totally a 180 degree image from what was presented on page one and by the police.

I think one possibility in this case could be trafficking. When I watched a former pimp named Isaiah Reed talk on a show on CNBC called Crime Inc, he said the thing that makes American girls so valuable is their teeth. Dentistry in the USA is a lot more advanced than in most countries. Ali had braces, so there has been a lot of effort put into her dental aesthetics. An American girl on that same exact show on CNBC said she had been lured by a girl or girls and ended up as basically a prisoner sex slave right here in the USA until finally earning the trust of her pimp and being allowed to walk the street, which gave her the opportunity to finally run and get help. If Ali was seen talking to some unidentified girls, maybe they were bait girls who lured her into danger.

Thank-you for being so honest in your response, MLE. Although, I'm frankly puzzled why anyone would think that 145 lbs. is in any way "overweight". When I started out in ballet as a junior high student, I weighed about 130 lbs. and wore a size 14. After 2 years training in ballet and modern dance, I weighed 145 lbs. but had dropped to a size 8 (with no gain in height whatsoever). Muscle weighs considerably more than fat does so, while my weight rose, my overall profile got much, much slimmer. Ali is a tournament-level softball player and I would guess much the same thing is true of her.

I have two theories on her disappearance and one of them agrees completely with yours. The other revolves around the somewhat questionable reputations of the owners (former owners?) of the Burger Barn. Especially seeing as how we know that, previously, a young girl also in their employ was physically assaulted.

I am, however, puzzled by -- if not L.E.'s seeming lack of alacrity in following up on the group of men I mentioned in a previous post who are all (at least businesswise) related, others' seeming reluctance to do so.

Has anyone compared to other cases within 100 miles of where she is missing from to look for similarities? It has been awhile since I have read but I thought there were other cases within miles? Or am I thinking of a different case? I get confused, there are too many case of missing people!!!

Thank-you for being so honest in your response, MLE. Although, I'm frankly puzzled why anyone would think that 145 lbs. is in any way "overweight". When I started out in ballet as a junior high student, I weighed about 130 lbs. and wore a size 14. After 2 years training in ballet and modern dance, I weighed 145 lbs. but had dropped to a size 8 (with no gain in height whatsoever). Muscle weighs considerably more than fat does so, while my weight rose, my overall profile got much, much slimmer. Ali is a tournament-level softball player and I would guess much the same thing is true of her.

I have two theories on her disappearance and one of them agrees completely with yours. The other revolves around the somewhat questionable reputations of the owners (former owners?) of the Burger Barn. Especially seeing as how we know that, previously, a young girl also in their employ was physically assaulted.

I am, however, puzzled by -- if not L.E.'s seeming lack of alacrity in following up on the group of men I mentioned in a previous post who are all (at least businesswise) related, others' seeming reluctance to do so.

I think 145 on a 5'2" frame is on the heavy side, but the extra weight could actually appeal to a sex trafficker because once they get her down to 110 and dye her hair, the odds of her being recognized is reduced.

If she has been trafficked, I'm guessing she's either in the USA, Mexico, an Arab country, or Israel. The first two given that she was last seen in Spring, Texas and the last two based upon the names of the Burger Barn people.

Walker:

At first there did seem to be a pattern in several young women missing from the same area as Ali; however, I believe all of them have been accounted for EXCEPT Ali at this point and it turned out they were NOT related.

MLE:

I think your reasoning for your conclusions is very sound. I immediately thought the first places you mentioned but had not thought about the BB owners and that connection to other parts of the world.

I still wish LE or SOMEONE would check out the rest of these men as I mentioned before and that one rather "woodsy" residence for CERTAIN should be searched, IMHO.

Thank-you both for helping to keep Ali's thread bumped to the top of the list.

PLEASE NOTE!! ANOTHER SEARCH IS SCHEDULED TO FIND ALI!!

The following from the Lowitzers via Ali's FaceBook page:

NEEDED! Searchers for Ali on July 16th at 7:00 am. We will search till around 11:00 am. Due to the heat we nd many volunteers to search so we can cover a lot of area in ample time. Please bring with you your I.D., a pole/stick, water bottle, sunscreen/bug spray (for your protection from the elements), and dress comfortably yet in cl...othing that will protect you from brush. If you can help please contact Bob Walcut with LRC, John or JoAnn Lowitzer. We will meet at the church in Spring at the corner of Treashwig & Cypresswood, next to the Subway. If you know someone that can help have them notify Larry Rice as well. LET'S HELP BRING ALI HOME! Thank you

PLEASE, ALL IN THE SPRING TX AREA, NOTE NEW SEARCH SCHEDULED TO FIND ALI!!

The following from John Lowitzer via Ali's FaceBook page:

NEEDED! Searchers for Ali on July 16th at 7:00 am. We will search till around 11:00 am. Due to the heat we nd many volunteers to search so we can cover a lot of area in ample time. Please bring with you your I.D., a pole/stick, water bottle, sunscreen/bug spray (for your protection from the elements), and dress comfortably yet in cl...othing that will protect you from brush. If you can help please contact Bob Walcut with LRC, John or JoAnn Lowitzer. We will meet at the church in Spring at the corner of Treashwig & Cypresswood, next to the Subway. If you know someone that can help have them notify Larry Rice as well. LET'S HELP BRING ALI HOME! Thank you

PLEASE, ALL IN THE SPRING TX AREA, NOTE NEW SEARCH SCHEDULED TO FIND ALI!!

The following from John Lowitzer via Ali's FaceBook page:

This is so very nearby, I'm going to try clearing my day to go.

Thank-you, Nobody. I hope everyone in the area will get out there and help -- if for no other reason than to show their support for the plight of the Lowitzers...

I live very far away and cannot possibly come down there to help in this regard; however, last night, I sent an email to the Harris County Sheriff, Adrian Garcia, pleading with him to change Ali's status to something more urgent and listing the various known facts why such a reconsideration (IMHO) would be prudent. I also recounted to him the results of my online research on the owners and business associates of the Burger Barn and voiced my hope that, indeed, all of them have been interrogated in connection with Ali's disappearance and that the properties of these people have been searched, as well.

For anyone who wishes to voice their concerns to the Sheriff, his email address is sheriff.garcia@hctx.net. John and Jo Ann Lowitzer have posted on Ali's FaceBook page that they welcome anyone writing or phoning, not only the Harris County Sheriff's Dept. but, also, their local media in order to keep Ali's case and name at the forefront in people's minds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
detectivegotcha