TX TX - Alexandria Lowitzer, 16, Spring, 26 April 2010 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, Blue. I hope more people from this forum will decide to help as well...

WHERE IS ALI?

Since I have never been a part of a search before, is there anything I need to do ahead of time, or just show up at the right time/right place with appropriate attire and ID? I did send JoAnn a message on FB that I would be attending.

Blue, I would suggest reading the copy of John and JoAnn's original post about the search for details on this. Such things as having ID, stick or pole, etc. are mentioned.

Another update:
According to JoAnn, Ali's mother, the local Fox TV station 26 has just interviewed she and John and that interview will air on local stations tonight at 5:00 pm.

Also, the thought struck me the other night that one might be able to "profile" at least the general type of person who could have engineered Ali's disappearance in order to have a place to start looking for suspects.

So, I combed through the crime statistics related to serious crimes and thought it might be helpful to post some of what I found here. My own opinion is that the statistics serve to reinforce suspicions some have had that law enforcement should go back to Ali's place of employment and the people involved with it and scrutinize them with more care.

In a thorough logic, fact and statistically-based investigation of a missing person or murder victim, the first thing one should consider is the circumstances during the time period of the victim's last known whereabouts.

In this case, Ali was on her way to her place of employment to pick up her pay check. Exact location: Somewhere in the half-mile or so between her home and the Burger Barn.

So, the first, most basic fact that is known and verifiable about this probable crime is also the last known place where Ali was.

This fact alone turns the focus of the investigation generally toward the Burger Barn. In order to try and find an unknown perpetrator, the question then becomes: What person or persons might it be logical to assume might have occasion to be at that location or near it?

The answer, of course, is: Burger Barn employers/owners, suppliers, employees and customers.

Because of the inherent difficulty in identifying random customers of the Burger Barn more than a year after the fact, we are forced to examine those persons who we might have more luck in identifying and that leaves only: Burger Barn suppliers, employees and owners.

Now we can turn to statistics to see if there is any validity in what we've concluded thus far.

Homicide statistics from 1976-2005 tell us what the relationship between victim and perpetrator is most likely to be:

During that time period, perpetrators who were "strangers" made up only 13.9% of of that total. Of "non-strangers", 7% were spouses, 8% were "other family" (brothers, sisters, parents, etc.) and 3.8% were the boy/girl friend of the victim with 32.1% listed as "other acquaintances" (coworkers, friends, employees, etc.).

Additionally, in 32.5% of the cases, a decision was made that the victim and the perpetrator probably had some kind of relationship to each other but it was "unknown" as to exactly what that relationship was.

These numbers show us that the second most likely perpetrator of any given homicide (32.1%) will be "acquaintance" -- the same category that includes co-workers and employers -- of the victim other than their spouse, girl/boy friend or family member which would tend to back-up many people's assumption that the person most likely to be responsible for Ali's disappearance is either a fellow co-worker at the Burger Barn or one of its managers/owners.

Let us turn now more specifically to the statistics of "homicide abductions". Statistics show that the majority of victims involved in this type of crime are teenaged girls and that, most of the time (2/3 of the time) the motive is sexual.

In "homicide abductions" 53% were found to be "strangers" and 39% were acquaintances. Virtually all of the perpetrators were male and the majority were under 30, with 85% unmarried or divorced.

Further, in 58% of the cases, the perpetrator made contact with the victim within 1/4 mile of the victim's home and the homicide occurred within 1/4 mile of the site of the initial contact (Hanfland, Keppel & Weis 1997).

So far, the statistics show the greatest probability that the perpetrator of Ali's disappearance was:

An "acquaintance" (which includes co-workers and employers), male, under 30 years old, unmarried or divorced who had sexual feelings towards his victim.

Further, workplace homicide is the leading cause of workplace death for women (Bureau of Labor Statistics, 1994) accounting for 40% of fatal occupational injuries to women and such homicides have tripled in the last decade to the point where it is now the fastest growing category of murder in the U.S. which has caused the U.S. Dept. of Justice to proclaim that the workplace is the most dangerous place to be in the U.S. (Anfuso, 1994).

Additionally, 1 out of every 6 violent crimes of U.S. residents 12 or older happen at work and, in 30% of the cases of violent victimizations, the victim faced an armed offender (Bachman, 1994).

Northwestern National Life Insurance Company did a survey in 1993 that broke down violent workplace attacks thusly:

44% from customers or clients
24% from strangers
20% from co-workers
7% from bosses
3% from former employees
3% from someone else

If one adds up the percentages for co-workers, bosses and former employees, however, the number jumps to 30% and thus comprises the second-most likely category of perpetrators.

And, when taking into account only these statistics as they relate especially to women victims, women are more likely to be attacked by someone they know rather than a "stranger".

However, when one adds numbers for "harassment" to the number of "attacks" at work, co-workers and bosses account for 86% of all harassment, 1/3 of all threats and 1/4 of all workplace attacks.

Nearly half of all workplace homicides were in retail trade -- primarily food stores which includes convenience stores, RESTAURANTS, drinking establishments and service stations.

Just offhand, I'd say cold, hard numbers back up the logic of examining the Burger Barn, its employees, former employees and owners/bosses 100%.

A personal thank-you note for your research, analysis, evaluation, and presentation! I have learned so much from reading your post!!

You are entirely welcome, Kiln... I hope that law enforcement might take a glance as well.

I do hope they take a close look at where this person has been in the last several years:

http://www.click2houston.com/news/28509210/detail.html

A truck driver has been charged in connection with a woman's abduction.

Joseph Reeves has been charged with kidnapping. He was booked into the Liberty County Jail with bond set at $750,000.

Liberty County sheriff's deputies said Reeves kidnapped a woman who was walking along U.S. Highway 59 in Cleveland on Sunday after her family's pickup truck broke down.

The article goes on to say that he is a registered sex offender for an assault that happened in Illinois.

Whoa... That story was just terrifying, Blue. Being a trucker, this man definitely COULD have been in numerous places across the U.S. at different times. I just think that the known facts concerning Ali's movements that day, plus the statistics of violent crime in general keep pointing a finger towards Burger Barn employees/owners/managers -- but you never can tell....

Also, the thought occurred to me that, even as "sheltered" as Ali's mother asserts she was, I should think she would be reluctant to get into a vehicle with a complete stranger. (Of course there's always the possibility that she might have been overpowered by a kidnapper.) HOWEVER, I think it's quite possible that she just might have been persuaded to get into the vehicle of a co-worker or boss whom she recognized from work -- thinking the person was okay because she knew who they were...

I wonder if the person responsible for her disappearance will show up saturday. Don't they often inject themselves into searches/investigations/etc?

Or has too much time passed...?

Just a question: why does this case gets almost no attention, not even here at WS, while cases like Lauren Spierer's are so popular?? What makes a case more notable than other??

I live in Houston, and you know... that's a good question. I do agree with MLE's response about her being classified as a runaway and about some of the information that was initially released about her making her case a little less "interesting" or urgent to follow, but I think there's more to it, too, although I don't know exactly what.

This is a very interesting question to me, too, because I live in Houston and follow WS, the media and other missing persons cases every single day, and I had forgotten ALL about Ali until they mentioned Saturday's search on the news. I mean, I completely forgot it even happened. I remember hearing about her going missing on the news back when it first happened, and for some reason I never followed up on it, and it never crossed my mind afterward. Very odd considering I spend hours and hours reading about other missing persons cases EVERY DAY that aren't even from my state.

In fact, I've been posting flyers about Holly Bobo here in Houston, and she's from TN. Why didn't I realize I could be doing something to help Ali? Why didn't I remember her and her disappearance? Why didn't it light a fire under me when I initially heard about it?

I think the answer must be that there hasn't been much media coverage compared to coverage in other cases (and yes, I know, coverage of HB stopped for a while, but there was a lot more initially than there was for Ali). If I live in Houston and watch the news every night and forgot about her the same week it happened, I can imagine there was even less coverage nationwide.

And I honestly don't know why.

ETA: Hoping to be able to get work off to participate in the search on Saturday.

I was at a friend's house the other day and the story about the search and I told the friend that I was going to participate in the search. She had never heard about Ali. I then proceeded to tell her what I know about Ali. She was shocked to find out that the girl she saw on television was a Girl Scout and active with her softball team. Her first reaction to the photo they always show when reporting was "goth, trouble maker, probably ran away".

So incredibly frustrating!!!

Goldie,

I hope other Houston-area locals who have "forgotten" about Ali will also be re-energized by the media coverage of tomorrow's search and get involved... Thank-you for turning your attention back to Ali once again.

I did a little more research on the names of those associated with the Burger Barn from my previous post and came up with some more info:

In searching the name "Hatem" in connection with the word "Texas", I believe I have discovered the true last name (or a couple of them) of the "manager" mentioned in the post on scaredmonkey.com (?) wherein a woman mentions that her daughter was "attacked" physically by a man with this name at the Burger Barn when she tried to collect her paycheck.

Here's the listing I found:

Hatem Elsayed Transportation
21335 MAPLE HARVEST LN
Humble, Texas 77338
Classification:

All Other Support Activities for Transportation

Est. Total Employees: 2
Est. Years in Business: 3
Est. Total Sales: $100,000

"Humble TX" is right around the corner (almost literally) from Spring where Ali disappeared and, oddly enough, it's virtually a straight shot down Cypresswood to Treashwig where the Burger Barn is/was located.

Bothering me is a very large hunk of undeveloped land in-between Spring TX and Humble TX that is somewhat wooded AND the fact that Spring Creek runs north/south in between them as well -- dividing the two towns along the length of their borders with each other.

I found another search-hit for this particular person (Hatem Elsayed) that was rather interesting, as well... The hit was in the form of formal legal pleading documents filed by him in an attempt to circumvent being charged quite a few thousand dollars by the IRS on back taxes.

It appears that, AFTER the IRS re-assessed the tax deductions of this "Hatem" via audit, they felt this man owed, taxes and penalties for overdue tax monies via an audit of Hatem's tax returns, he then filed papers to have the court consider his live-in girlfriend as his common-law "spouse" in order to offset these charges with some tax breaks for "married couples". The court, however, disagreed -- maintaining that, as a couple, they had not met the criteria that would qualify them as "common-law spouses". For one thing, Hatem had been in the process of purchasing a home during the same years he asserted he had this common-law "wife" and yet her name appeared nowhere in the deed or loan papers for this property. Likewise, he had not filed formal registration with the county or state (a formality that this particular area of TX requires in order to consider the relationship as a legal "marriage") NOR had he revised any insurance papers or other documents to include her. The following is a partial copy of one of the 3 or 4 articles/blogs I found regarding this particular case:

Husband Wannabe Falls Short of Proving Common Law Marriage Status (Hatem Elsayed v. Comm., TCS 2009-81)

T.C. Summary Opinion 2009-81

UNITED STATES TAX COURT

HATEM ELSAYED, Petitioner v. COMMISSIONER OF INTERNAL REVENUE, Respondent
Docket No. 8935-07S. Filed May 26, 2009.

Peter A. Lowy, for petitioner. David B. Mora, for respondent.

GOLDBERG, Special Trial Judge:

This case was heard pursuant to the provisions of section 7463 of the Internal Revenue Code in effect at the time the petition was filed.

Texan Hatem Elsayed originally filed his 2004 return as a single, unmarried man. Later, on audit, he changed his story claiming he and his sweety pie Irma Angelica Cueto were married by common law at the end of 2004 (though he actually married her in separate civil and religious ceremonies in March of 2005). The IRS balked at his newfound assertion, declining his plea for joint filing status. The Tax Court, looking to state (Texas) law, also choose not to recognize his assertion of common law marriage. No cigar common law marriage til you light it up later. Texas law acknowledges common law marriage if three conditions are met: (1) the parties must agree to marry; (2) they must live together in Texas; and (3) they must represent to others that a marriage exists. The court ruled that Hatem and Angelica handily met the first two tests, but failed the third because: (a) Hatem purchased a house in 2004 utilized as their personal residence in his name only; (b) he did not add her to the utility bills or his bank account until 2005; (c) she did not change her driver’s license to her married name until 2005; (d) they did not register their marriage at the county courthouse, as was available under Texas law; (e) he filed his Form 1040 under single filing status in 2004; and (f) he raised the issue of common law marriage only after his return was audited.

Hmmm... This attempt to dodge taxes does not speak well for Mr. Elsayed's character in the least little bit, IMHO...

I ALSO found the following real estate listing also using a search engine with the above parameters ("Hatem" and "TX"). I am not certain how OLD the listing was, however:

Single Family 12038 Hadley Falls Court, Houston-North Houston, TX 77067
Owner: Hatem Alyousef and Manal and Alalaween

I find it of extreme interest that there is a "Alalaween" (could this be "Minnao/Mannae Alaween"?) listed with this "Hatem" AND a person named "Manal". Is this "Manal" really supposed to be "Banat", as in "Ibrahim Banat" or was a comma left out (or the word "and" inserted incorrectly?) and it's supposed to be "Minnao/Mannae" (the first name of "Alalaween")? IMO, the names are too close in spelling NOT to be related to the ones I listed in my previous post on this thread.

I am also NOT entirely convinced that the "Hatem Alyousef" referenced in the one listing is NOT the same person as "Hatem Elsayed" listed in the other reference. As I recall, at the time of the 9-11 hijackings, several of the men responsible had 4 or 5 different names that were all mentioned by media/L.E. in different orders at various times...

Anyway, I found these additional tidbits of information pertaining to these persons "interesting"...

Trying hard to find out WHAT HAPPENED TO ALI LOWITZER!

From "the wild hinterlands of Northern California",

How did it go this morning? I really wish I could have gone but was unable to. If there are anymore searches in the future or any new info or ways to help I'd like to hear about them.

I did not get to go. I got called in to work. I tried to get out of it by telling them what plans I had but it didn't matter.

I hope they had a decent turn out.

I'm in Northern California, so, obviously I didn't go; however, there was a link to a video news story on one of Ali's FaceBook pages with footage of some of the search today. Apparently, several hundred people showed up to search for Ali. Jo Ann Lowitzer (Ali's mother) was in tears with gratitude for the turn-out. They didn't find anything at all, though... Here's a link to that video:

http://www.click2houston.com/video/28573010/index.html

WHERE IS ALI LOWITZER?

I wonder if the person responsible for her disappearance will show up saturday. Don't they often inject themselves into searches/investigations/etc?

Or has too much time passed...?

Yes, perps often do interject themselves into searches, discussion boards, news comments sections. Time is not always a factor.

This is a major red flag. Look for strange and odd behavior, overly emotional displays, and a heightened sense of curiosity or asking of questions.

Flower Lady, I am impressed with your researching capabilities!!

I have been following the case of Alexandria for about a week after it happened. If you compare her circumstances to others in that area, you will note that a lot of the disappearances have taken place on a Monday or a Friday. This can mean many things, perhaps it was planned or someone else observes when the best time is to grab an unsuspecting person. I am curious as to the fact if this area has been monitored. A Friday disappearance would point to a run away, but I doubt a Monday disappearance would be one that would be connected to a run away case. Ali vanished on a Monday.
Does anyone have any other input on this?
Thanks all

There were a LOT of people there. We had decent weather (for houston, that is) with overcast skies and slightly cooler temps. It was clear the Lowitzers were shocked at the turnout, which made more than one of us cry a little.

And I did look around a lot at the briefing for anyone who seemed a little too involved or off. Not that I'd truly know what to look for...but I did try.

It was exhausting, physically and emotionally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kristens5487