TX TX - Alexandria Lowitzer, 16, Spring, 26 April 2010 - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't mean to be offensive or upset anyone by asking & I understand if Ali's mom doesn't want to respond. I just ask because I don't have kids but put a lot of stock into mother's intuition because my mom just seemed to "know" things or feel things about her kids (and still does).
I don't know about BSL specifically, but my gut tells someone did something to my baby. I've felt that way since the day she went missing.

I don't know how typical it is, but it has been done. It is all up to LE, particularly the DA's office. If they want to, I'm not aware of anything that would stop them. As long as life WITHOUT parole in Louisiana means life WITHOUT parole and there's no chance of him getting out on the Shunick case, I wouldn't be opposed to it personally.

Perhaps the fact that it hasn't been done is good news.. maybe LE thinks they have something and are working to charge him with it. I know there are concerns with the BB owners and admittedly their actions seem more than a little shady. And I also realize there are probably more details that the public does not know- however- I think the circumstances concerning BSL in Ali's case are almost too strong to only be circumstance. I won't rehash evidence as its all already here in previous post- but to me, it just screams to be dug into...I don't know- maybe I want answers for this family so bad that I'm making it out to be more than I should- but its definitely deserves to be looked into further. That guy is a monster.
It just bothers me so much that I feel like the system failed this poor child.. I just feel like they OWE her family answers. Is there someone we can write? E-mail? Call and scream to? List them. I will do it.
Everything I stated is MOO- but it seems to be a common one. ;)

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk 2

I don't know how typical it is, but it has been done. It is all up to LE, particularly the DA's office. If they want to, I'm not aware of anything that would stop them. As long as life WITHOUT parole in Louisiana means life WITHOUT parole and there's no chance of him getting out on the Shunick case, I wouldn't be opposed to it personally.

Can you give an example? I have a very hard time believing they would let a convicted killer out because he comes clean on everything. So he is let out of jail for one crime, and then is put on trial for another crime? One family does not get justice, and the other does? What would be the point of even revealing all? You're already in jail, and who wants to go through a trial again?

Can you give an example? I have a very hard time believing they would let a convicted killer out because he comes clean on everything. So he is let out of jail for one crime, and then is put on trial for another crime? One family does not get justice, and the other does? What would be the point of even revealing all? You're already in jail, and who wants to go through a trial again?

I think you misunderstood...I was initially asking if a convicted killer who is already sentenced to life without parole.. meaning a mandatory FULL life sentence behind bars.. could he or she be offered immunity on any and all OTHER crimes he or she committed. Simply to get answers for families left wondering- with the death penalty taken off the table and being that they are already locked up for life, maybe that would be incentive enough to get these monsters to talk and bring these girls home. Alot of serial killers are scared of the death penalty, but also want notoriety. The killer would not get out of prison and there would be no trial... simply answers for the families of the victims, while serving the life sentence for whatever they were previously convicted of. They'd have to give up the right to appeal of course.

The benefit for the convicted killer would be no additional charges, no risk of the death penalty, and notoriety in their twisted sick mind.
The benefit for the families would be closure, no more wondering, and in some cases- a proper burial for their loved ones.
In my opinion, which is moot because thankfully I've never been in this situation, knowing what happened to my child would worth more than a trial.

And this is just a hypothetical situation- not necessarily regarding Ali's case... just wondering if it had been done in the past. I just feel there are probably quite a few killers in prison that are guilty of much more than they've been convicted of.

No, you are misunderstanding me. They are never let out of jail. It has been done where a perp is convicted or pleads guilty and is currently serving multiple life sentences. Those sentences are not changed or touched. The perp will remain behind bars for the rest of his life on the first charges no matter what, with no chance of ever getting out. If there are other unsolved cases they believe the same perp may be involved in, they may offer him immunity from prosecution on those new cases because there is nothing to be gained by trying him and giving him another life sentence. He's already doing life or multiple life sentences. This allows the families in the unsolved cases to have some closure and allows LE to close a file so they can devote those resources elsewhere. I would never suggest they would offer immunity in a situation where the perp may walk free at some point. I had pulled up some cases the other day and will go find them again and get you the names but wanted to respond immediately because I didn't want to be misunderstood.

In this case, BSL is doing life without parole. If he is convicted in Ali's case, he may get another life sentence. So the point would be, since we already know he is spending his life in prison on the Shunick case, would it be worth the while to offer him immunity in Ali's case in order to bring closure to the family because giving BSL another life sentence actually doesn't add a single year to the length of time he spends in jail.

I could be wrong on some of these but I believe Carl Watts, Robert Black and Wesley Shermantine. It was done, in a way, with many of the mafia trials too in order to get perps to testify against others. A different situation, but the same concept.

Originally Posted by ktgirl
I don't mean to be offensive or upset anyone by asking & I understand if Ali's mom doesn't want to respond. I just ask because I don't have kids but put a lot of stock into mother's intuition because my mom just seemed to "know" things or feel things about her kids (and still does).
Originally posted by Jlowitzer
I don't know about BSL specifically, but my gut tells someone did something to my baby. I've felt that way since the day she went missing.

'Jlowitzer, a Mother knows'..

Thanks Ms. Lowitzer. Would happen to have any idea if they made a transcript of that show? Many thanks.

Thanks. I'll see if I could find one. I couldn't listen to the entirety of it and when I went back to pick up where I left off, I had to start from the beginning so I thought it might be easier to read a transcript. If I'm doing something wrong listening to the interview and someone can straighten me out, I'm all ears. TIA

Hoping everyone has a wonderful holiday with thier family. Merry Christmas

Just stopping in to remind the Lowitzer family that they and Ali are thought of often, by many, and especially so during this holiday time. I hope the family has a peaceful season.

Merry Christmas Jlowitzer .. I think about Ali so often. May 2013 be the year of answers..

~TC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member