Recovered/Located TX - Alexis Cavazos, 16, last seen leaving her job, Dallas, 7 Feb 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The question posed that prompted that answer was if they walked minors to their rides after their shifts. I'm not sure if "leaving together" covers it. If they go out together they can see who anyone left with, but they don't question it.

I don't think this is relevant and am not sure what you're trying to dig into here. Nobody raised an alarm because it all seemed normal. They all left the restaurant, and Alexis got into a car, which is probably how it always happens. Nobody knew that something was amiss until much later, when she never got home.

I don't think this is relevant and am not sure what you're trying to dig into here. Nobody raised an alarm because it all seemed normal. They all left the restaurant, and Alexis got into a car, which is probably how it always happens. Nobody knew that something was amiss until much later, when she never got home.

but...it wasn't normal. They all normally exit the front, but she went out the back. The cook noted that when the father called.

but...it wasn't normal. They all normally exit the front, but she went out the back. The cook noted that when the father called.

OK, good point. Just normal enough that nobody "raised an alarm." She didn't seem in distress, she wasn't missing, etc. The others didn't think enough of it to raise an alarm, but I don't think that's malicious on their part, is what I am trying to say.

Dad has not updated on Facebook in a while. Perhaps he has found out more details from LE that they don't want him to disclose.

If lexy had said to her dad I've got a ride home, she probably told workers the same thing.
I'm sure by now that someone would have come forward by now and said "I was supposed to be picking lexy up but she was not there when I arrived".

This leads me to believe the person in the black car was the one who she had arranged to leave with.

If so, why leave her phone/bank cards behind if she was just planning to get a lift straight home.
This is what makes me think she planned to go with the black car person and not be traced by dad.

I only hope this person is not dangerous and she is in control. I believe lexy has been manipulated and may be in a bad/unsafe situation.

Not sure if this has already been talked about but why was she wearing sunglasses ? it was around 11:30 in the night right ? How is the cook the only one that saw so many details, do we know if they have checked any cctv footage yet?

I feel like she definately was going to catch a ride with whoever was in that black car and she was going to maybe confirm something/have a quick word so she left her stuff inside but with the intention of coming back out again. They mentioned that all the workers leave by the front although she left by the back... could she have received instructions from the person in the car ? Maybe they didn't want to raise awareness by coming out front since it was a fancy car and would definately catch attention

OK, good point. Just normal enough that nobody "raised an alarm." She didn't seem in distress, she wasn't missing, etc. The others didn't think enough of it to raise an alarm, but I don't think that's malicious on their part, is what I am trying to say.
Totally agreed. Just like her father mentioned it's out of her character to run away or go off to some party so likewise she was rather responsible, including the fact that she's cashier at 16. So probably because no one found a reason to raise alarm.

Although it's hard to think no one noticed the phone or the credit/debit cards left behind, her dad was texting her aswell atleast a buzz or a notification would normally attract someone's attention around

Moo...usually there is a security system so at end of nite..last door closed is front door. I can see leaving phone...wallet is iffy..but new ID can be had if you know the right(or wrong) people

Do any locals know what “the Boise property” would be in reference to in the area? In context, it seems to be a hotel perhaps? Couldn’t find anything on it...just properties in Boise Idaho.

Not really sure what this means but if you mean like a hotel/motel in the area there's a motel 1-2 minutes away from the grill

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-02-17 214045.png
    Screenshot 2021-02-17 214045.png
    170.9 KB · Views: 31
Just a few thoughts about the app Lexi's dad talks about.

I don't recall what the name was, but I used to have an app like that for some of my kid's phones when they were much younger. I could see their contacts, which apps they had downloaded on their phones, and I could even block certain apps and tons more. It was like 10 bucks a month for full parental control of their phones. Great for parents of younger kids. I'm pretty sure I even promoted it here, many years ago. Not at all something I'd have on my kid's phones at 16.

That said, it seems obvious if she were planning to meet someone after work, or that person was giving her a ride home, dad would have access to his/her info from Lexi's phone. Name, number, last contacted, etc. The only way he wouldn't have access, is if she used a different phone to contact the person. Especially if she knew he was tracking her phone usage so closely. Because, teenagers.

jmo

I think being able to see your kid's contacts is acceptable behavior. But I've never heard of it being done. I've got three kids on my cell phone bill so I'm in the generation that would typically be aware of those types of controls. Maybe I'm not as hip as I tell myself I once was, who knows. Anyways, Dad says she's not perfect and I'm wondering if there was a prior problem that prompted him to put that safeguard in place.

Just a few thoughts about the app Lexi's dad talks about.

I don't recall what the name was, but I used to have an app like that for some of my kid's phones when they were much younger. I could see their contacts, which apps they had downloaded on their phones, and I could even block certain apps and tons more. It was like 10 bucks a month for full parental control of their phones. Great for parents of younger kids. I'm pretty sure I even promoted it here, many years ago. Not at all something I'd have on my kid's phones at 16.

That said, it seems obvious if she were planning to meet someone after work, or that person was giving her a ride home, dad would have access to his/her info from Lexi's phone. Name, number, last contacted, etc. The only way he wouldn't have access, is if she used a different phone to contact the person. Especially if she knew he was tracking her phone usage so closely. Because, teenagers.

jmo

Okay that is a great point, maybe she had like a burner phone? It would definately explain leaving back her phone since she knew he could track it. It does seem a bit weird to have it at 16, a couple of people I know, their parents monitored their devices with a similar app at 15 but because they didn't quite trust them or them wanted to prevent a situation from happening either way even though their child was somewhat responsible. So you kinda see it when everytime he's asked about her he stresses that she isn't the most perfect kid but this is out of her character. It's very likely they wont find the person in the car's contacts on her actual phone

Dad mentioned it was a family app though so it was not installed for him to only keep track of her, he mentioned Alexis being a good role model for her sister so he probably uses the app for her aswell, but "family app" makes it sound more like all of their phones are connected to it, I thought he mentioned that theyre all connected or I might be mistaken ?

I think being able to see your kid's contacts is acceptable behavior. But I've never heard of it being done. I've got three kids on my cell phone bill so I'm in the generation that would typically be aware of those types of controls. Maybe I'm not as hip as I tell myself I once was, who knows. Anyways, Dad says she's not perfect and I'm wondering if there was a prior problem that prompted him to put that safeguard in place.
I'm pretty sure it was this one https://www.mmguardian.com/ but, there are LOTS of them out there. I wondered the same, that there might have been some behavioral issues recently that caused him to say that, about her not being perfect? Although, he might have just been trying to get across that he knows his kids aren't perfect, and he's not deluding himself. Like some parents might say "my kid would never do that!" when everyone but the parent seems to know that yes, kids actually do, do "that". I suppose that's possible as well.

jmo

I'm pretty sure it was this one https://www.mmguardian.com/ but, there are LOTS of them out there. I wondered the same, that there might have been some behavioral issues recently that caused him to say that, about her not being perfect? Although, he might have just been trying to get across that he knows his kids aren't perfect, and he's not deluding himself. Like some parents might say "my kid would never do that!" when everyone but the parent seems to know that yes, kids actually do, do "that". I suppose that's possible as well.

jmo

Right. A perfect 16-yr-old doesn't exist. Sounds like it could indicate she's bumping up against the boundaries, the normal sort of teenage stuff.

The talk of the app that has GPS and allows you to see contacts on another phone, and at 16, has shades of the madison bell case.
Haven’t seen much mention of CCTV, surely there is some around a restaurant. Even footage from inside the restaurant, so they can know that the chefs version of events isn’t the only ‘proof’ of her going out the back.

Well put. I didn't mean to imply DC is overprotective, just that he's clearly aware of the dangers that come with being a teenage girl in 2021. Any app that can help a parent keep a child safe sounds good to me. DC also mentioned that a worst fear is that she could be trafficked. I keep repeating this but shouldn't the first order of business be surveillance cameras - whether she left voluntarily or not? Her dad said LE would be looking at cameras a week ago. Of course no investigation is perfect and DC noted this, but it's extremely concerning/frustrating that a WS member found what appeared to be cameras nearby Boomer's, and we have heard nothing from LE. Can anyone tell me what the standard protocol is for obtaining footage from a nearby business in this type of situation? If DC went to a nearby business himself and requested footage, would the business offer help, or only to LE? If LE released an image of the car she allegedly left in - and then said nothing for a week - the public would still have much more to work with. A low quality image wouldn't solve this immediately but it would be a start. Instead it has been quiet, DC did an interview, the weather is awful.

Regarding Lexi leaving and no one realizing she was missing: I understand people being in their own bubble. But she was 16 and worked at the cash register. There are a couple reasons why her coworkers would've paid more attention to her whereabouts. If I worked with a 16 year old girl I would keep an extra eye on her, I think all of the employees would. JMO. Like i said, the colleagues are not babysitters. But she's still a young girl. It would feel natural to check on her, especially working at the front cash register. Could she have gone out the back unnoticed? Yes. It shouldn't have taken long for people to realize she left, though, unless the circumstances were specific. Cameras are for this exact situation. IF no one saw her leave, a camera should have. Thinking about Lexi...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro
Back