Recovered/Located TX - Alexis Cavazos, 16, last seen leaving her job, Dallas, 7 Feb 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Regarding leaving her personal items inside...my relative says anyone who is just going outside for a quick reason (smoke break, fresh air break, hello to family members, etc) would leave personal items. It lead me to believe AC did NOT think she would be outside for very long. JMO.
I agree. I think she intended to come back in.

I agree. I think she intended to come back in.
I don't know whether she was or not, but I do know that it is absolutely critical for any of her friends who know anything to call police....now, even anonymously.

I feel so bad for her Dad. He was obviously very upset (but holding it back as best he could) on the video interview.

Amateur opinion and speculation

<modsnip>

The interview with DC provides the most info, so I'm focused on that. Some observations. DC had access not only to the location of AC's phone, but also to her contacts in the phone, and was thus able to reach out to AC's boss. I'm not sure I've heard of that before. I don't doubt it exists. DC seems genuinely protective. I noticed that the woman who interviewed DC asserted "You went to bed", and he went on to say that he woke up at 4 AM and checked social media and realized he didn't get a text. The Super Bowl was a blowout, so the idea of her working late because of that seems unlikely. It's possible he wasn't watching the game. But he said AC responded within five minutes always, and they lived half a mile away from the restaurant. I do not doubt DC would have rushed to the restaurant the moment he became concerned. Perhaps it was the lack of detail provided re: what the coworkers saw. Someone mentioned this, but if a girl who just turned 16 worked with a bunch of grownups, wouldn't the adults be concerned if she was missing for even five minutes? Why was DC the one who notified AC's boss his daughter was missing and not the other way around? Someone who works with AC knows something. Or a camera saw something. Also the sunglasses detail just seemed odd. I wish DC could expound on all of this. Where is the footage? It's been almost 10 days, no? Why hasn't camera footage been obtained? I feel terrible for all involved and I'm concerned about Lexi. I once drove through Texas / Dallas and the location of restaurants/malls on the freeway is different from anywhere I've been in the US. Almost felt like everything was a rest stop, right off the freeway. Thus I'm worried like others that she could be anywhere now. Is it possible she could have crossed the border? Camera footage is necessary but lacking. Forgive me for the opening, I felt compelled to ask about it before posting. Thanks for all you guys do.

Last edited by a moderator:
<modsnip>

The interview with DC provides the most info, so I'm focused on that. Some observations. DC had access not only to the location of AC's phone, but also to her contacts in the phone, and was thus able to reach out to AC's boss. I'm not sure I've heard of that before. I don't doubt it exists. DC seems genuinely protective. I noticed that the woman who interviewed DC asserted "You went to bed", and he went on to say that he woke up at 4 AM and checked social media and realized he didn't get a text. The Super Bowl was a blowout, so the idea of her working late because of that seems unlikely. It's possible he wasn't watching the game. But he said AC responded within five minutes always, and they lived half a mile away from the restaurant. I do not doubt DC would have rushed to the restaurant the moment he became concerned. Perhaps it was the lack of detail provided re: what the coworkers saw. Someone mentioned this, but if a girl who just turned 16 worked with a bunch of grownups, wouldn't the adults be concerned if she was missing for even five minutes? Why was DC the one who notified AC's boss his daughter was missing and not the other way around? Someone who works with AC knows something. Or a camera saw something. Also the sunglasses detail just seemed odd. I wish DC could expound on all of this. Where is the footage? It's been almost 10 days, no? Why hasn't camera footage been obtained? I feel terrible for all involved and I'm concerned about Lexi. I once drove through Texas / Dallas and the location of restaurants/malls on the freeway is different from anywhere I've been in the US. Almost felt like everything was a rest stop, right off the freeway. Thus I'm worried like others that she could be anywhere now. Is it possible she could have crossed the border? Camera footage is necessary but lacking. Forgive me for the opening, I felt compelled to ask about it before posting. Thanks for all you guys do.
Welcome, and great first post. <modsnip: Quoted post was modsnipped>

As far as video footage of Alexis, we can certainly hope there is something to work with. I expect we will hear more from LE soon. Let's hope so. I agree with having disappeared almost ten days ago, the situation is very concerning.

Welcome, and great first post. <modsnip: Quoted post was modsnipped>

As far as video footage of Alexis, we can certainly hope there is something to work with. I expect we will hear more from LE soon. Let's hope so. I agree with having disappeared almost ten days ago, the situation is very concerning.

Thank you. <modsnip: Quoted post was modsnipped>

The lack of camera footage is troubling - unusually so IMO. I understand resources are finite, but wouldn't LE immediately look at surveillance tapes, like literally the hour they found out she went missing from the restaurant? I know LE doesn't always reveal everything to the public. Cameras close to the restaurant have been identified in this thread. Why have cameras at all if we don't use them to save lives? 51 billboards is amazing, but equally helpful would be a photo of the car she got into. Thinking of Lexi and her family.

Why can I not find anything about this in the so-called popular press? I Google it and I find some social media hits and websites focused on missing persons. Doesn't Dallas have newspapers or TV reporters? This case seems like it should be a big deal but I see no coverage.
And dang it, I can't get that Corey Hart song outta my head.

Is anyone local?

First a deadly 133 vehicle wreck with 9 dead outside of Fort Worth.

DFW has been hit hard by Winter Storm Uri

Why the Texas power grid is struggling to cope with the extreme cold

4.2 million without power. Going on 48 hours with no heat or water.

Local LE departments in some Texas counties do not have power and the energy provider has no idea on time frame.

If her dad could get more information into MSM - that might help.

Is there a dedicated public page set up for Alexis?

Last edited:
Why can I not find anything about this in the so-called popular press? I Google it and I find some social media hits and websites focused on missing persons. Doesn't Dallas have newspapers or TV reporters? This case seems like it should be a big deal but I see no coverage.
And dang it, I can't get that Corey Hart song outta my head.

I think a big reason might be...has LE ever held a press conference or anything? That's a sure way to get some real MSM coverage. But you're right - there's not even any wire stories or anything, just smaller websites and places dedicated to spreading missing person info.

Regarding leaving her personal items inside...my relative says anyone who is just going outside for a quick reason (smoke break, fresh air break, hello to family members, etc) would leave personal items. It lead me to believe AC did NOT think she would be outside for very long. JMO.

If that's true, then why doesn't her father state that the person she was getting a ride with wondered where she went, or that he spoke to that person. Everything in her father's video suggests that she had arranged a ride and that she left work out the back door rather than the front (which was the norm) for her ride.

It's an important piece of information to omit if true.

Alexis's dad stated on FB 2/13 that Alexis is "coded as a possible runaway" by the police and that is the reason why this is not being reported in the news.

I can understand how that happened, but her father makes an important point that there was no reason for her to run away, and as a 16 year old she is still a child who is very vulnerable to dangerous people.

I'm unfamiliar with Texas law, but I'm curious whether a 16 year old girl can leave home without any communication with parents, quit school and vanish because she wants to. Are there no truancy laws to ensure that everyone gets an education even when, as children, they don't feel like it?

Regarding the sunglasses, just chiming in to say my eyes are extremely light sensitive so I throw mine on out of habit when leaving the house sometimes even at night on accident. Even when I realize I don’t need them I still take them because I might need them later or I might want to use them as a headband.
The sunglasses might not mean anything really.
Probably not relevant, but just throwing it out there.

Alexis's dad stated on FB 2/13 that Alexis is "coded as a possible runaway" by the police and that is the reason why this is not being reported in the news.
I live in North Carolina, and our local news reports runaways all the time. There still in danger, So I guess I don’t understand the thinking.

I live in North Carolina, and our local news reports runaways all the time. There still in danger, So I guess I don’t understand the thinking.
And if this is not the case of a runaway, it feels like a very well planned crime which should really concern LE.
I wonder about her phone. Who has done a thorough professional tech analysis for clues? If she planned a runaway or is the victim of a sophisticated abduction plot, then information was exchanged through that cell phone. Or she has a burner phone. She sure didn't use the pay phone at the restaurant.

If she was secretly in contact with someone, definitely a burner phone. In that Inside Crime interview, her dad says that he geolocated her phone first thing when he woke up and saw it was in the strip mall where the restaurant is (he thought the restaurant might have been super busy or something) He also was able to see her contacts and started to text her boss and friends to ask where she was.

She must have known that her father had access to her phone, so IF she planned to run away, she likely would not have used that phone to communicate with the people who were "helping" her. Perhaps similar applies if she had a secret boyfriend.

I vaguely remember her father's statement about the phone's contents, but I'm not sure if it's from an allowed source. ETA: It's on a fb post with many comments.

Last edited:
She must have known that her father had access to her phone, so IF she planned to run away, she likely would not have used that phone to communicate with the people who were "helping" her. Perhaps similar applies if she had a secret boyfriend.

I vaguely remember her father's statement about the phone's contents, but I'm not sure if it's from an allowed source. ETA: It's on a fb post with many comments.
I was surprised that he could remotely access her contacts. I've never heard of that being possible. Could he also read her texts? If so, that seems a bit too much to me and might be a reason to get a burner and/or runaway.
And regarding the dispute in the restaurant, I wonder if LE pulled credit card info from the cash register system and contacted customers who were there doing her shift?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme
Back