Recovered/Located TX - Alexis Cavazos, 16, last seen leaving her job, Dallas, 7 Feb 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
We don't.

It seems unlikely to me though. He said that Alexis went out the back door into the parking lot at 11:30 PM, right? From that BoomerJack's website it looks like they're open until midnight every night. So I assume there would have been more staff there until at least midnight. I guess they could have closed early, but that seems unlikely on a Saturday night.

She went missing the night of the Super Bowl - correct me if I'm wrong - and I want to add that the Super Bowl was a blowout. I don't think this place would've been all that busy, especially during a pandemic. If the Cowboys were in the Super Bowl, would be a different story. So there probably weren't too many people around IMO and Lexi could've gone out the back pretty easily. The part that sticks out to me with the cook is not confirming she "got in the car". But we just don't have much to go on. I find the entire situation strange. If DC learned something since the interview he gave, wouldn't he tell the public? If he has heard nothing since the interview, wouldn't he still be updating the public regularly, and trying to get the word out even more? Just thinking out loud. Not blaming anyone.

I just hope Lexi is safe. If she is with her mom like some have speculated, I can see why this story would receive less media coverage/would be strange for the family/LE to discuss. I haven't seen the SM post that references the possibility, but if she is with her mom or if the dad does know who Lexi where Lexi is, why the billboards? An update from anyone would be great. Confirmation of Lexi's safety would be better.

She was last seen at Boomerjacks at around 11:30pm on February 6, which was the Saturday night BEFORE the Super Bowl.

I didn't realize. DC said in the interview at the 1:35 mark "I figured because it was Super Bowl Sunday it would probably be busy" re: Lexi working late.

Edit: He later said when he pulled up to the restaurant he was hoping he would see them getting things ready for Super Bowl Sunday. My mistake. Watching the interview again, just noting the whole story about DC arriving at the restaurant, checking the dumpster, then going home and texting Lexi's boss, all at 430-5 in the morning - I don't know. Would have been helpful had he elaborated on some of this. Was he searching a dumpster in the dark? Did the boss respond right away at 5 AM and go check the restaurant? A lot of unknowns.

Last edited:
I hope this speculation isn't too far out, and I certainly don't want to start rumors, but is Lexi adopted?

In my experience, even level-headed, rational, mature people who have been adopted have an almost-tragic Achilles heel when it comes to the lure of their bio parents. The idea of being wanted and loved by their bio mom or dad can be so strong and compelling. It can make someone engage in impulsive behavior without considering risks, danger, consequences, or the feelings of anyone else. It can make someone get into a car with a stranger.

I hope it doesn't offend anyone that I'm asking about this. Certainly I am not passing judgement on family structure. All families can be loving, healthy, and nurturing. It's clear her family adores her and misses her deeply and sincerely. I hope they find her safe, sound, and soon.

I hope this speculation isn't too far out, and I certainly don't want to start rumors, but is Lexi adopted?

In my experience, even level-headed, rational, mature people who have been adopted have an almost-tragic Achilles heel when it comes to the lure of their bio parents. The idea of being wanted and loved by their bio mom or dad can be so strong and compelling. It can make someone engage in impulsive behavior without considering risks, danger, consequences, or the feelings of anyone else. It can make someone get into a car with a stranger.

I hope it doesn't offend anyone that I'm asking about this. Certainly I am not passing judgement on family structure. All families can be loving, healthy, and nurturing. It's clear her family adores her and misses her deeply and sincerely. I hope they find her safe, sound, and soon.
You can figure out who her bio mom is if you check Lexi's fb page. IMO she isn't involved in her disappearance for a few reasons. It's an interesting family dynamic. I don't think her father knows who Lexi is with and would be surprised if she's with a relative.

It's an interesting family dynamic.
I did just want to clarify, does Lexi have 2 Dads? Because on her personal facebook page there is a post from 4th Sept 2020, in which she says thank you for dinner to 2 of my hardworking parents, then tags 2 men in it.
Am I reading it right?

She does seem from other posts to have a loving close family, but I wonder if there was some teasing or bullying from other school kids or her peers, or others in the Hispanic community? Something that caused her to want to run away. She did have a family argument a couple of days before the disappearance, and although this seemed to be resolved, that could be just on the surface.

I did just want to clarify, does Lexi have 2 Dads? Because on her personal facebook page there is a post from 4th Sept 2020, in which she says thank you for dinner to 2 of my hardworking parents, then tags 2 men in it.
Am I reading it right?
Yes. My remark about family was also in regard to her mom and dad. Yet another angle: There are multiple posts about her at Missing and Murdered Indigenous Women USA, because she's part indigenous (Gila River Pima, stated in the post at the link). I don't believe her ethnicity is a factor in this case.
She does seem from other posts to have a loving close family, but I wonder if there was some teasing or bullying from other school kids or her peers, or others in the Hispanic community? Something that caused her to want to run away. She did have a family argument a couple of days before the disappearance, and although this seemed to be resolved, that could be just on the surface.
She's 16. If there was bullying at school it would have started much earlier and would likely have been addressed. I have no idea what her motive for running away could be, apart maybe having more freedom. One family argument is also probably not enough. Dad appears to be a good parent. She might have been associating with people he knew nothing about.

Last edited:
She might have been associating with people he knew nothing about.
It seems this is most likely, although her Dad had a safety/snooping app where he could check up on her contacts and messages on her phone.

Which leads us back to 2 things:
A) That she has a burner phone
or
B) Her Dad read the messages on her usual cell phone, knows who they're from, whom she may be with, and that is why not much more has been said and why this investigation seems to have stalled and it's believed she's alive and still in her local area.

It seems this is most likely, although her Dad had a safety/snooping app where he could check up on her contacts and messages on her phone.

Which leads us back to 2 things:
A) That she has a burner phone
or
B) Her Dad read the messages on her usual cell phone, knows who they're from, whom she may be with, and that is why not much more has been said and why this investigation seems to have stalled and it's believed she's alive and still in her local area.
A burner phone, an app he has no access to or personal contact at work.

If her dad knew who she was with, IMO she would have been retrieved immediately or, if she couldn't be found, the police would issue an alert. He believes that she could be in danger. Which means that she's likely not with a relative or a trusted friend. I'm not sure what is taking them so long to figure out her location if there are clues present.

The car that came around to the back was told to come around to the back by Lexi. Otherwise a normal ride home would just have pulled up at the front, as that is where all the staff leave from, all together, at the same time.
So, she obviously didn't want her co-workers to see her, so sent this car around to the back, purposefully. There are no CCTV cameras at the back of Boomerjacks. Fortunately the cook saw her head out while he was finishing tidying up, and glanced at the car. The nearest CCTV cameras are at the pharmacy behind and at the insurance company next door. So, LE needs to check theses ASAP if it hasn't already done so. We need a license plate.

The car that came around to the back was told to come around to the back by Lexi. Otherwise a normal ride home would just have pulled up at the front, as that is where all the staff leave from, all together, at the same time.
So, she obviously didn't want her co-workers to see her, so sent this car around to the back, purposefully. There are no CCTV cameras at the back of Boomerjacks. Fortunately the cook saw her head out while he was finishing tidying up, and glanced at the car. The nearest CCTV cameras are at the pharmacy behind and at the insurance company next door. So, LE needs to check theses ASAP if it hasn't already done so. We need a license plate.
BBM. We don't know that. Whomever she had the argument with earlier in the day could have instructed her to meet them (or someone) out back later. Or, they could have called her on her cell and instructed her to do. They could have blocked their number, which can be traced, but is harder to do so.

Amateur opinion and speculation

BBM. We don't know that. Whomever she had the argument with earlier in the day could have instructed her to meet them (or someone) out back later. Or, they could have called her on her cell and instructed her to do. They could have blocked their number, which can be traced, but is harder to do so.

Amateur opinion and speculation
If that argument is even true ! If the car is even true , I mean at this point do we even know what happened ? It is extremely frustrating . If her father still needs the public’s help to keep her name out, he’s got to keep updating .

moo

A burner phone, an app he has no access to or personal contact at work.

If her dad knew who she was with, IMO she would have been retrieved immediately or, if she couldn't be found, the police would issue an alert. He believes that she could be in danger. Which means that she's likely not with a relative or a trusted friend. I'm not sure what is taking them so long to figure out her location if there are clues present.
I agree , something does not seem right at all.

moo

[QUOTE="Whomever she had the argument with earlier in the day[/QUOTE]
Was this argument on her phone? Or in person inside the restaurant? And if so, was it a customer or just someone who visited Lexi at her place of work?
Surely her co-workers would have seen and heard a little bit or got the general idea of what it was about and if she was upset or not.
I can't imagine it was a disgruntled customer wanting to meet her out the back, anything like that should have been brought to the attention of a supervisor as soon as it was suggested.

We're missing the little details in this case that could give us clues. I don't know why so little info is available. A child has gone missing and we only know where and at what time. There have been no updates via family or LE, and if it were my daughter, I would want the information and details out there.

IMO the cameras have been checked by now and the car story likely confirmed, othewise they would be looking elsewhere.

IMO the cameras have been checked by now and the car story likely confirmed, othewise they would be looking elsewhere.
Then LE should have a make and model and a license plate of the car too. Therefore, also the name of the registered owner and an address.

So, are LE being slow or just not releasing any updates? Because her Dad hasn't seemed to update the public much either.
Has the car been found? Was it at the registered address? Was it abandoned? Was the owner questioned?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste
Back