Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Alexis Sharkey: What we know happened before Houston influencer's death
snipped
Saturday, Nov. 28

Around 8 a.m., a City of Houston public works employee driving in the 1000 block of Red Haw, near the Katy Freeway and Eldridge Parkway, saw feet in the bushes, HPD detectives say.

That's when a naked woman's body was discovered. The woman, believed to be in her 20s, had no visible injuries.

Authorities said they believe her body had been there overnight
---
On this same day, Sharkey's mom, Stacey Robinault, posted on Facebook that Sharkey was missing. Robinault said she found out about Sharkey's disappearance through her son-in-law, Tom Sharkey.

Tom said he hadn't heard from her since Friday.

"We were notified on Saturday that she was missing by her husband," Robinault said. "(He) called us up to let us know, and that's when, of course, any parent goes into full panic mode."
---

Sunday, Nov. 29

Robinault first spoke to ABC13 on Sunday, saying that her daughter went missing two days prior.

Robinault, who lives in northwestern Pennsylvania, explained that she had not spoken with her daughter since just before Thanksgiving. She said the two were discussing Christmas plans on Wednesday.

Sadly by Sunday night, Robinault's worst fear came to pass. She posted again on Facebook, this time announcing that her daughter's body had been found.

Monday, Nov. 30

Houston police confirmed Monday morning that the body found over the weekend was that of Sharkey.

Robinault spoke to ABC13 again, saying she believes her daughter was murdered.

"I do. I do believe she was murdered. Yes. From what I've been able to gather as well as a mother's gut. I learned very young as a mom to trust my gut. It's not let me down," said Robinault.

---
Later Monday, ABC13 spoke to some of Sharkey's close friends, who revealed she mentioned fearing for her safety before she died.

The discussion between Sharkey and a friend happened about a month ago during their trip to Marfa, Texas.

"She confided in me that night ... she's petrified," a friend said. "This girl is scared for her life."

<modsnip>
I did find an alternate source:

Ok, in this interview, Tanya says the next morning they did a group text chat to see if anyone had heard from Alexis but in another interview, another friend says that Tom texted her boyfriend at 11 on Friday asking if they had seen her.

None of this is making sense.

Ok, they hadn't heard from her since Friday at 6 pm and Alexis's husband texted his wife's friends boyfriend at 11pm on Friday asking if they had seen her but the Friends didn't go over to her apartment until 12:30 on Saturday???

That means they knew she was missing since Friday.

It seems like different friends,they had not heard from her since 6.00 pm.friday. Not that they thought she was missing. I guess she is an avid poster so it it heightened their fears. So she was already dead by the time they showed up at her apartment.

The other friend said her boyfriend spoke to husband at 11pm saying he don't know where she is. How long did he wait till he called ?

Her body was found 8.30 am the next day 4 mins away from the apartment. Okay....

Phone records should clear this up. Moo

<modsnip>
I did find an alternate source:

Notes according to Tanya (friend in video):
  • Tanya met Alexis shortly after Alexis moved to Houston in January
  • They met on Bumble BFF (social media app) and arranged a dinner with other girls and have been friends since
  • Alexis spent Thanksgiving at Tanya's house with Tanya's family
  • Tanya sent her last text to Alexis at 6PM on Friday night - regarding plans to hang on Saturday and watch movies. Alexis seemed fine and nothing out of ordinary.
  • On Saturday morning Tanya sent a group text to all the friends confirming their movie plans. Alexis didn't respond. They noted this was weird and all started comparing notes regarding when they last time they had spoken with her. They all agreed it was around 6PM on Friday.
  • Tanya says she and the other (7) girls are her friends and they are the ones she would have called if she needed a ride.
  • Says Alexis would not have walked anywhere
  • Interviewer says body found 8 miles away from her home. Tanya corrects her and says just 3 minutes away. Interviewer confirms, yes and then reiterates just 8 miles away.
  • Alexis' phone was on and receiving messages the entire time. They were not read. The phone had only been turned off or died the day prior to this interview.
  • Friends became alarmed when they realized Alexis has not been active on social media for 12 hours.
  • Her phone is her business, she always has it on and with her
  • Tanya says she was the one who drove to Alexis' house to check on her because she lives the closest.
  • After debating with friends, she says she was the one to notify Alexis' mom about the situation.
  • Fund arranged to assist with family travel expenses
  • Memorial to be held Thursday

Last edited:
CT’s account of the Friday night text and phone call with TS is certainly interesting. In the clip via @Gardenista Surveillance video could give clues on how influencer’s body ended up in Houston ditch

Per CT, TS proactively reached out via text Friday sometime before 11pm (and then John called him at 11pm).
Pondering:
Was TS genuinely worried for AS out in the world under the influence and hoping to get her friends to reach out to her? Hoping to hear she was ok?

Or was there actually an argument (which TS has since characterized as not an argument) and TS was worried about what AS would tell her friends about it and wanted to proactively open up a back channel with John so he could hear the gossip?

Or is one of the parties setting up a cover story with this bit about her going out after arguing with TS?

And Why would you wait outside her apartment for hours???
I was surprised by that too.
I think it’s actually a really good thing they did go there and stake her place out. I think they were really worried but wanted to be sure before calling police or her parents. I wonder what TS was doing in that time.

Sharkey’s close friend Chelsea Turnbow told FOX 26 about the moment she learned something was wrong Friday night.

“Tom, which is her husband, texted my boyfriend,” said Turnbow. “11 p.m. is when my boyfriend John called Tom and said, What’s going on, Tom? And he said, 'Me and Lex got into an argument, and she left. I don’t know where she went. Can you just please let me know if you know anything.'”

Surveillance video could give clues on how influencer’s body ended up in Houston ditch

So much conflicting information. I can't tell if it's mixed messages or bad reporting, but in the article above - Chelsea, who is a confirmed friend of Tanya (according to this article) says she knew something was up on Friday night when her boyfriend spoke with Tom. However, Tanya says that they all started comparing notes the next day when they were confirming movie day plans.

It seems odd that the friends wouldn't have been talking late Friday night since Tom said she'd left and he was unable to find her and he asked to be notified if they found out anything. I can't imagine they wouldn't immediately write in the text group about this??

Additionally, Tanya claims that she was the one who told Alexis' mom that she was missing. But this article says that her mom says she was notified by Tom (the husband).

So much conflicting information. I can't tell if it's mixed messages or bad reporting, but in the article above - Chelsea, who is a confirmed friend of Tanya (according to this article) says she knew something was up on Friday night when her boyfriend spoke with Tom. However, Tanya says that they all started comparing notes the next day when they were confirming movie day plans.

It seems odd that the friends wouldn't have been talking late Friday night since Tom said she'd left and he was unable to find her and he asked to be notified if they found out anything. I can't imagine they wouldn't immediately write in the text group about this??

Additionally, Tanya claims that she was the one who told Alexis' mom that she was missing. But this article says that her mom says she was notified by Tom (the husband).

My thoughs exactly!

So they knew she couldn't be found on Friday when Tom called Chelsea's boyfriend asking if they had seen/ heard from her.

Maybe Chelsea thought she was with Tanya or another friend especially if there was an argument - and then Saturday they compared notes and discovered she wasn't with any of them?

We sleuthers would be alarmed immediately IMO because we follow these cases but does the average person? I don't think so
JMO

And why would you wait outside her apartment for hours especially since her husband texted the previous night asking your friend's husband if they had seen her???

According to the articles I've seen, the two friends waiting for hours outside her place on Saturday, were TR and DJ:

"After we hadn't heard anything from her on Saturday, we were worried so Tanya and I went to their apartment at about 12:30 [noon] ," Desiree said "They had a ring doorbell, but nobody answered. "We sat outside and waited for hours."
Friends of influencer Alexis Sharkey say they have vital information for cops

The friend that AS is said to have texted her boyfriend at 11pm FRIDAY night, was CT

"Sharkey’s close friend Chelsea Turnbow told FOX 26 about the moment she learned something was wrong Friday night. “Tom, which is her husband, texted my boyfriend,” said Turnbow. “11 p.m. is when my boyfriend John called Tom and said, What’s going on, Tom? And he said, 'Me and Lex got into an argument, and she left. I don’t know where she went. Can you just please let me know if you know anything.'”
Surveillance video could give clues on how influencer’s body ended up in Houston ditch

I'm speculating that since all these friends say they all stay in touch constantly, the two sitting outside her apartment for hours on Saturday DID know she went missing the previous night (since one of her other friends clearly knew), but didn't actually worry about it until they still couldn't reach her the following day.

ETA: Scratch that - if all these same friends were in the same group chat as has been implied, it seems kind of strange that no one told them AS's hubby texted the night before saying she was gone. In her interview linked above, the one friend seems to have zero reason to be worried by Saturday when she texted the chat and asked who was coming over, and AS wasn't the first to reply.

Something fishy going on here.

jmo

Last edited:
Speculating here...

Perhaps they knew she had a paramour and, when Tom called, figured she may have been with him. And based upon the volatile (at times) history of A&T's relationship, they opted to not say anything to Tom at the time, thinking A was with said paramour...

Just a theory.
Maybe Chelsea thought she was with Tanya or another friend especially if there was an argument - and then Saturday they compared notes and discovered she wasn't with any of them?

We sleuthers would be alarmed immediately IMO because we follow these cases but does the average person? I don't think so
JMO

Yeah, but you would think they would be calling/ texting each other that night if anyone had seen her.

Not wait until Saturday.

If my friend's husband reaches out to someone in our group and says that he can't find hus wife, I would immediately think something is wrong and start texting/ calling our friends to see if anyone had seen/hears anything.

Not wait until 12:30 the next day to get the ball rolling.

Jmo

Yeah, but you would think they would be calling/ texting each other that night if anyone had seen her.

Not wait until Saturday.

If my friend's husband reaches out to someone in our group and says that he can't find hus wife, I would immediately think something is wrong and start texting/ calling our friends to see if anyone had seen/hears anything.

Not wait until 12:30 the next day to get the ball rolling.

Jmo
oh believe me - I would also be concerned but here's the thing - we've got a group of twenty somethings around our building and law firm and I've posed this question before because of the uptick in the 20 somethings going missing on WS I've followed - and every single one said it's not that uncommon to be out of touch for an evening - and they would not worry until the next morning - unless they had plans to get together etc. so if we are to believe the timeline - and considering this age group - they appear to be reacting similarly to what my little group says - I just don't think we are getting all the facts yet - but I'm guessing LE has ...
JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member