Found Deceased TX - Alexis Sharkey, 26, Houston, 27 Nov 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
She strikes me as a strong person who feels great responsibility to make sure her daughter is remembered for being intelligent and lighting up the lives of those around her. Her mom also said she expects to be an advocate to prevent this kind of tragedy in the future. And she is a mom to children who just lost their big sister and she therefore feels responsibility to hold it together for her family. I do not think she is sedated. I think she is busy seeking justice and protecting her daughter’s legacy. JMO.

I don’t detect sedation either. She does seem strong.

I am looking for friends from PA interviews. This article is local and gives more detail about Alexis, beyond the social media aspect of her.

In Warren County, she will be remembered as someone that was a hard worker, involved, driven, and fun.

“She is someone that is a lot of fun to be around,” Robinault said. “Everybody keeps saying the same things… ‘She was so much fun. She made everything so much fun.'”

“She was extremely active in high school athletics and National Honor Society,” Robinault said.

She graduated third in her class at Youngsville High School in 2012. Her analytical, logical, and reasoning mind helped her be accepted into the pharmacy program at Duquesne. But, it also made her see the financial benefits of staying closer to home.

She decided to attend the University of Pittsburgh at Bradford and, in 2016, graduated summa *advertiser censored* laude with a degree in biology.

“In college, she was inducted into Pitt’s Top 2 percent every year,”Robinault said. “She was a really strong student and really driven.”

Youngsville native remembered as vibrant, hard working
Everyone is saying how "fun" and "fun loving and Happy" she was except the husband.
"Tom Sharkey says Alexis wasn't always the happy person she portrayed on social media and revealed the last conversation he had with his wife."
Husband of Pennsylvania native found dead says he's receiving death threats

While Alexis may have no qualms with traveling during COVID we don’t know that there aren’t immune-compromised family members who would be a bit more cautious and wouldn’t want to see someone traveling internationally and going to and fro via plane.

Yeah, PA had an increase in cases in November. I personally know 3 people who lost a parent to COVID since November 1. One lost both parents a week apart. PA has asked people to isolate when they arrive. Many people are following the advisories. Many choose just to limit travel.

Most of these people seem have been friends for less than a year. So there isn't a lot of history between them. If you're an influencer, you are more likely to present a sunny, positive and envious lifestyle to your followers and to a lesser extent to your new friends. We all know people who post on FB all manner of uplifting photos when we are well aware things are less than perfect.

I may be one. I don’t want to depress anyone with downer stuff. Although I had one of my sweet cats put to sleep this evening with in home euthanasia and I did post it.

I also found that to be interesting. I know COVID is on the rise but why wouldn’t the family have traveled to Houston by plane or car by now? Seems like they would want to go straight to the source and looking for answers. Maybe I’ve always been around emotional people but the lack of emotion is striking for the loss of someone who was young and so loved by everyone.
I thought the same thing, but believe me, the Covid travel/flight rules are strict right now, at least in my state.
My neighbor's inlaws were supposed to fly back to Utah before Thanksgiving and they are still here.
I am guessing that some family members who want to be there are unable to get there in a timely manner., JMO

Gray building with all the cars is the Landscape Architects. I did not see any beauty shops along the way. Anyone know where it is located? I'll go snap some pictures tomorrow. I guess that I can learn how to video tape, as well. Just need to know if videos upload to WS.

ETA: Best weed pictures are 26. I drove by the weeds way down the road, on the right is where I guessed they found her, looked over into the weeds? Should have stopped to take more pictures. Desolate area. Prone to flooding. That is why it has not been developed. Maybe even part of the reservoir, I'd have to look at a map. But for sale signs up.

Where I turned east, the street sign was 1000 going south and 1100 going north. That is why I think the weeds at the end of the road picture is where they located her remains. Do not ask me how the font size changed. I don't know.

ETA: Landscape guys sold in April, 2020. So the building is a beauty shop. I did not know that...
I'll drive by tomorrow and check for cameras. But the buolding facaes Katy Freeway, my guess is if there are any side of building cameras, they would not shoot all the way to the street. But we can hope, for sure.

The gray building is Jentry Kelley Cosmetics.

edited: misspelled

Last edited:
Both Midland/Permian Basin and parts of Pennsylvania have a lot of ties to oil. Lots of fracking both places, lots of drilling, excellent pay, more jobs than people. And of course, Houston is very big in oil.
I know, that’s what I was kind of thinking. I have worked in all 3 of those places because of oil and gas, Washington, PA, Midland, TX, and Houston. She was from northern PA though, not southwestern but it could still be a guy she followed.

Last edited:
Maybe family rescheduled celebration of life until they could all be there. I just know with all the Covid stuff, traveling is difficult right.
As for the friend's profiles.. that is not strange in cases.. most relatives, friends, etc will go private due to ongoing investigation and sometimes due to LE asking them to do that. JMO

Alexis's family was not in charge of the celebration of life.

Tanya and her friends were

She mentioned in her video interview that she and her friends were going to hold a celebration of life at a park on Thursday.

But that has now been canceled due to unforseen circumstances.

I may be one. I don’t want to depress anyone with downer stuff. Although I had one of my sweet cats put to sleep this evening with in home euthanasia and I did post it.
I am so sorry :(
Our furbabies are like, well, our kids.
Such a huge part of our lives.
My heart breaks for you and your family.

Last edited:
I know. I have worked in all 3 of those places because of oil and gas, Washington, PA, Midland, TX, and Houston. She was from northern PA though, not southwestern.

Yes. I'm wondering if her biology degree might have led her to Midland. Our oil company hired three to monitor the native species, to guard against accidentally making a habitat, to examine microbes, etc. They worked under the Safety head.

Yes. I'm wondering if her biology degree might have led her to Midland. Our oil company hired three to monitor the native species, to guard against accidentally making a habitat, to examine microbes, etc. They worked under the Safety head.
Maybe... but she worked at Twin Peaks while she was there and her mom mentioned her “taking a year off” after college. If she did follow a guy out there though, the PA/Odessa O&G connection could still make sense from that perspective.

She mentioned in her video interview that she and her friends were going to hold a celebration of life at a park on Thursday.

But I would still imagine that family would want to be there, regardless of who is "in charge" of it.
Family may have asked the friends to postpone it until they could all be there.

Maybe it was cancelled because of weather, we've had rain off and on all day today with another cold front coming in, tomorrow is supposed to be windy and chilly, not ideal weather to be out in a park. And getting an indoor place allowed/reserved for it could be tough during Covid times.

Here is what I took this afternoon. I will load two at a time to make sure that they get uploaded correctly.
These first two, first one is blurry, sorry, I stopped the car just in a bit from the feeder road and the street she was found on. Car is facing north, the picture is facing SE towards Katy Freeway, (I-10) across the SE corner lot. From there, I took pictures as I turned a few degrees each time.
Cannot upload, too big for server. I am sure there is a way to make the jpeg smaller. Help, please.

The only way I could do it was by editing it in whatever photo editor comes with windows, and reducing the pixels over and over.

Here is what I took this afternoon. I will load two at a time to make sure that they get uploaded correctly.
These first two, first one is blurry, sorry, I stopped the car just in a bit from the feeder road and the street she was found on. Car is facing north, the picture is facing SE towards Katy Freeway, (I-10) across the SE corner lot. From there, I took pictures as I turned a few degrees each time.
Cannot upload, too big for server. I am sure there is a way to make the jpeg smaller. Help, please.
If you have the program "Paint" on your computer you can open the photo in Paint and there is a button to "resize". You pick the percentage you want to reduce it by. I'm not really tech savvy, but I can say it's an easy way to make a picture smaller without distorting it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SapphireGem