Found Deceased TX - Alexis Sharkey, 26, Houston, 27 Nov 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Alexis Sharkey’s friends say she was ‘worried for her safety’ before death

Alexis Sharkey UPDATES: Here’s what we know right now about social media influencer’s death

No new info as far as I can see regardless of the articles getting updated
alexis-found.jpg

Another pic of where the body was found

Thus is the corner of the feeder road and Redhaw. Looking Southwest. Those buildings that you see are part of the Energy Corridor, BP, Exxon Mobil. etc etc etc.

<modsnip>
The reporter steve campion also seemed to think the family might come to Houston next week, plus today was a very big funeral mass for a Houston police officer who died of Covid in line of duty so I think those could have been factors too.

When I hear of a victim found naked I always think the clothes have been removed to keep LE from having a better chance to find touch DNA and fiber evidence.
It's possible AS left her house upset with her husband--got into a vehicle with someone or a group of people she didn't know--the situation might have involved initial partying that got out of control. Finding sperm dna might shed light on a number of important factors.

Well, for those who have never followed a case like this, this is quite informative:

“Someone went to the effort of dumping the body, but they didn’t go to the effort of hiding the body particularly very well,” said Shen. “It was found very quickly…. When we see bodies that have been dumped with no visible signs of injuries, that is something that is common that person has overdosed and it’s been taken there by someone else. I have no reason to think that’s the case in this particular case….Then you’re looking at toxins, poisons, drugs. That would be the most common thing that would not leave some outside obvious sign of injury.”

I followed a case not too long ago where this was exactly what happened. The young lady ODd elsewhere and was dumped in a secondary location. Of course no one knew that until after the investigation was wrapped up, but folks did in fact suspect the wrong person in that case. So, it's good to know how the experts in their fields, process details like this.

jmo
I, too, found this article to be very informative re
<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
It doesn't seem credible to me that she would get into a vehicle with people she didn't know.
jmo

It's possible AS left her house upset with her husband--got into a vehicle with someone or a group of people she didn't know--the situation might have involved initial partying that got out of control. Finding sperm dna might shed light on a number of important factors.

Someone upthread mentioned The Grove At Wilcrest -- which a) is just off the Katy Freeway; and b) appears to be in a location which could indeed be "4 minutes away" from the Red Haw discovery site.

No way Wilcrest is 4 minutes from the site, even from Wilcrest and Katy Freeway. Wilcrest is the first exit after the Beltway (8), then it's Wilcrest, Kirkwood, Dairy Ashford then Eldridge. The only apartments that are close enough for 4 minutes face Memorial Drive but back up to Katy Freeway feeder on their north side. Village on Memorial. You can drive out of the complex, on the north side, get on the feeder going east for two minutes, cut across 3 lanes of traffic, turn under Katy Freeway then left again, onto the feeder heading west, to get to Red Haw. There is another set of apartments on Eldridge, just south of the Freeway, west side of Eldridge, between Katy Freeway and Memorial Drive, the first real street (the rest are driveways into Exxon Mobil Building and McDermott? I want to say, HUGE buildings, money dripping off of every floor) and COULD could be a 4 minute drive. Broadstone Memorial. Closer than the previously mentioned apartments, but you have to get across Eldridge (a nightmare any time of the day or night) to go north bound, under Katy Freeway, then left again on the westbound feeder (north side of Katy Freeway) to Red Haw. Safer to turn right southbound onto Eldridge then double back or come out on Memorial Drive, turn left onto Eldridge, go north, then under Katy Freeway, left onto west bound feeder to Red Haw. And that takes way longer than the apartments that back up to Katy Freeway.
Village on Memorial could be 4 minutes. But you'd have to know the way. And at 2:00 am? Sure, but you would still be travelling fast. And all the lights would have to favor you.

ETA thoughts about the Grove at Wilcrest, posted later.

Last edited:
What was the weather the night she jumped fence and took off?

I remember a case where young woman and boyfriend partying, got in argument, woman took off on foot, found deceased a mile or so away out in field. Hypothermia

seemed very odd but I see similarities here

I was in the area earlier (ETA: around 1:20PM CST) and checked out both the area of the purported residence (Wilcrest @ I-10) and also the section of the Energy Corridor where both the Omni Hotel and Red Haw Lane are situated.

Some notes about the Wilcrest/I-10 area:

-Large parking garage seems to provide resident parking for the apartments;
-There looks to be a drive around the complex, but no parking appears to exist, other than in the front near the leasing office;
-I noted the presence of a few surveillance cameras there;
-When leaving the complex, drivers are forced to make a right onto the feeder (one-way) from all except one exit;
-There is only one on-ramp onto I-10 between Wilcrest and Eldridge, and that is situated just ahead of the Eldridge exit (between 1.5 and 2 miles from the apartments). This means that whomever had Alexis in the car would have passed numerous businesses, potentially with dozens of surveillance systems which could provide clues.

As for the visit to the Energy Corridor area, I took video. You can see for yourself what the lay of the land looks like. Of note:

-lots of cars near the beauty salon/supply business;
-Red Haw is a very narrow street (one car at a time);
-the area just past the salon, on the left, just past the fence, is quite overgrown, and is (I believe) where Alexis's body was found.

GREAT VIDEO!!!!! You were there way before me, because the cars multiplied by the time I went by and there was no news media van in your video. I did notice the blue fire hydrant on the right side of Red Haw in your film. But this is a SUPERB look at the area. Just perfect.

No way Wilcrest is 4 minutes from the site, even from Wilcrest and Katy Freeway. Wilcrest is the first exit after the Beltway (8), then it's Wilcrest, Kirkwood, Dairy Ashford then Eldridge. The only apartments that are close enough for 4 minutes face Memorial Drive but back up to Katy Freeway feeder on their north side. Village on Memorial. You can drive out of the complex, on the north side, get on the feeder going east for two minutes, cut across 3 lanes of traffic, turn under Katy Freeway then left again, onto the feeder heading west, to get to Red Haw. There is another set of apartments on Eldridge, just south of the Freeway, west side of Eldridge, between Katy Freeway and Memorial Drive, the first real street (the rest are driveways into Exxon Mobil Building and McDermott? I want to say, HUGE buildings, money dripping off of every floor) and COULD could be a 4 minute drive. Broadstone Memorial. Closer than the previously mentioned apartments, but you have to get across Eldridge (a nightmare any time of the day or night) to go north bound, under Katy Freeway, then left again on the westbound feeder (north side of Katy Freeway) to Red Haw. Safer to turn right southbound onto Eldridge then double back or come out on Memorial Drive, turn left onto Eldridge, go north, then under Katy Freeway, left onto west bound feeder to Red Haw. And that takes way longer than the apartments that back up to Katy Freeway.
Village on Memorial could be 4 minutes. But you'd have to know the way. And at 2:00 am? Sure, but you would still be travelling fast. And all the lights would have to favor you.
You don't think someone could make it between her apartment and the location (both North side of the freeway) in 4 minutes? I think I could for sure!

Has it been established by anyone other than one person that AS jumped a fence and took off?

I remember a case where young woman and boyfriend partying, got in argument, woman took off on foot, found deceased a mile or so away out in field. Hypothermia

Last edited:

According to Weather Underground, it was 72 degrees at 6:00 p.m. on Nov. 27th (the high that day was 83 and humid):

Houston, TX Weather History | Weather Underground

Has it been established by anyone other than one person that jumped a fence and took off?
Not that I’ve seen.

Many cases I’ve followed here have similar scenarios. Argument, woman “left on foot”, found dead. Unfortunately in those cases the woman never left on foot and was actually murdered by person who gave that story. Not saying that’s the case here of course. There have been shocking cases too like Heidi Broussard where husband looked guilty as heck but it was her female friend who murdered her. Waiting this one out. Can’t say much.

It doesn't seem credible to me that she would get into a vehicle with people she didn't know.
jmo
Unfortunately, it happens a lot...my neighborhood friend in 1972 (19 years old) was found nude and dead in a large open community park not far from where we all lived--she was not hidden in the park. She was last seen getting into a vehicle with a group of men the day before she was found in the park--she decided to catch a ride with them--spur of the moment decision. I knew the detective on the case--he said six different sperm were found in her during the autopsy. No, they didn't find the culprits--even though this occurred on an island where everyone knew everyone...Being young and female without a lot of experience dealing with potentially dangerous situations--such as the devastating case of M. Lueck--can end up where a seemingly friendly social connection turns quickly into a deadly one with no way of getting out.

ETA thoughts about the Grove at Wilcrest, posted later.

Google Maps says it’s 5min (2.9 miles) from the Grove apartments to the Omni Hotel.

Unfortunately, it happens a lot...my neighborhood friend in 1972 (19 years old) was found nude and dead in a large open community park not far from where we all lived--she was not hidden in the park. She was last seen getting into a vehicle with a group of men the day before she was found in the park--she decided to catch a ride with them--spur of the moment decision. I knew the detective on the case--he said six different sperm were found in her during the autopsy. No, they didn't find the culprits--even though this occurred on an island where everyone knew everyone...Being young and female without a lot of experience dealing with potentially dangerous situations--such as the devastating case of M. Lueck--can end up where a seemingly friendly social connection turns quickly into a deadly one with no way of getting out.

How incredibly sad. I'm sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member