Found Deceased TX - Alexis Sharkey, 26, Houston, 27 Nov 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The "4 min away" bit doesn't seem to jive well with the earlier-reported address of their apartment. It's a 4.6 mile drive from their reported Westheimer address to the 1000 block of Red Haw. And given the 2 primary (and shortest) routes required to reach the Red Haw location, there's just no way someone could make that drive in 4 minutes, unless they're doing over 100 MPH, blowing thru traffic signals, etc. I suspect there's some sloppy reporting involved, here. Or, perhaps, some questionable math.

ETA: I have also seen reports of a Wilcrest address which would seemingly align with the "4 minutes away" line of thinking much better than would the Westheimer address.

i looked at her tik toks the westheimer outside doors match the ones in her tik toks

i looked at her tik toks the westheimer outside doors match the ones in her tik toks

Understood. But the math still doesn't add up. Google Maps tells me that right now (10:37AM) it's a 14 minute drive on their suggested (shortest) route.

Being a local and having driven Eldridge Pkwy countless times, I can tell you that there are numerous traffic signals along that route, and the average speed is around 40MPH. There's just no way someone can get from the listed Point A to the listed Point B in that 4 minute window.

My guess is that perhaps the Westheimer address is an old address of AS & TS, and that the Wilcrest location is the more recent one. Either that, or perhaps the Wilcrest location has a similar exterior paint scheme to the location on Westheimer.

The "4 min away" bit doesn't seem to jive well with the earlier-reported address of their apartment. It's a 4.6 mile drive from their reported Westheimer address to the 1000 block of Red Haw. And given the 2 primary (and shortest) routes required to reach the Red Haw location, there's just no way someone could make that drive in 4 minutes, unless they're doing over 100 MPH, blowing thru traffic signals, etc. I suspect there's some sloppy reporting involved, here. Or, perhaps, some questionable math.

ETA: I have also seen reports of a Wilcrest address which would seemingly align with the "4 minutes away" line of thinking much better than would the Westheimer address.

I was just going to add that I am confused on her address because I just saw MSM coverage that both quotes and shows the image of the missing person's report and it lists her as " last seen Friday, when she left her home in the 11000 block of Katy Freeway. The street where her body was found is about three miles to the west."

And when I googled that block (which is actually kind of a long stretch of freeway- not really a block), it was right by the dump site. Why didn't the report say Westheimer if that's where she lived? Maybe some media outlets are using that listed katy freeway address to calculate distance? Rightly or wrongly?

ETA: the missing persons report with address is seen in this video. A Local Mother's Emotional Plea For Answers Following Daughter's Death in Houston
Also when I googled, it was in the Houston Chronicle a few days ago too.

I was just going to add that I am confused on her address because I just saw MSM coverage that both quotes and shows the image of the missing person's report and it lists her as " last seen Friday, when she left her home in the 11000 block of Katy Freeway. The street where her body was found is about three miles to the west."

And when I googled that block (which is actually kind of a long stretch of freeway- not really a block), it was right by the dump site. Why didn't the report say Westheimer if that's where she lived? Maybe some media outlets are using that listed katy freeway address to calculate distance? Rightly or wrongly?

Someone upthread mentioned The Grove At Wilcrest -- which a) is just off the Katy Freeway; and b) appears to be in a location which could indeed be "4 minutes away" from the Red Haw discovery site.

Color scheme of the Wilcrest apartment complex (mentioned previously) seen here, along with the patio railing. (courtesy Google Street View)
U2i7vYv

U2i7vYv.jpg

Last edited:
That makes sense! The address of that complex is literally 11070 Katy Fwy

A quick glance at the area in Street View shows at least one security camera at the apartment complex (I'd assume there are several). Also of note is that there is a new hotel directly across the side street from the complex, so it's possible they have footage of the feeder (frontage, for you non-Texans) road. I'd assume that LE is reviewing available footage from all cameras along the primary route(s) from that complex to the Red Haw location, within the critical time frame, and matching vehicles to the one they mentioned having seen in the beauty salon's surveillance footage.

Doing some more sleuthing. It appears that this video on 8-25 was done at the Grove apartments.

Alexis Sharkey on TikTok

Then this video on 9-18 matches the kitchens from the images on The Grove website. Also matches the patio railing in the background.

Alexis Sharkey on TikTok

This IG post from 8-26 is also at The Grove pool area.
https://www.instagram.com/reel/CEXb0pjBkXL/?igshid=1x8d5kbq34buv

Based on those things, I think she moved to the Grove within the last couple months. Which also matches with the reports that her body was just a few minutes away. Her apt would be a straight shot down the access road 2.9 miles from where she was found.

Two questions:

-Do we know where AS’ phone is and where/if it was recovered?

-What really happened on Friday? Her social friends said she was actively texting up until 6PM. Her work friends were supposedly worried all during Black Friday because she was doing no shopping-based social media posts.
That's what I've been wondering. That's a big deal especially for a social influencer I would think. What I find interesting is she was found nude. Was is ever reported what she was wearing when she took off over the back fence, or if she had her phone with her or not?

Is there any actual proof that Alexis was being abused besides her friends words?
Haven’t finished reading through this thread so dunno if it’s been said yet but bc abusive relationships are complicated, I feel I gotta speak out, Imo, there isn’t always evidence of abuse. I didn’t have evidence when I was in abusive relationships. He broke windows and furniture when throwing it at me but I never thought to take pictures of the mess, I just threw it out. You don’t always have the opportunity to voice record or video when fighting and death threats are being said. I know people who have been in physically abusive relationships and unless they were planning to press charges, they didn’t photograph the bruises etc because being in these situations can make you feel soooo ashamed of yourself for not being “strong” enough to leave...you don’t want evidence that you’re “weak”, you don’t want reminders of that time he gave you a black eye, they are moments you want to forget. Besides, you could be led to believe it’s not a big deal or it’s your fault. Which would mean that you’d be overreacting by photographing it or you’d be documenting YOUR mistake. And you definitely don’t want your abuser to find these pictures. It’s supposed to be your little secret. I really don’t think it’s all that common for someone to have evidence of abuse unless it’s at the VERY end and they’re doing it because they’re pressing charges or are going to put them on social media etc
If anything there’s could be texts where he’s being verbally and emotionally abusive. That’s the best bet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maktub