Found Deceased TX - Alexis Sharkey, 26, Houston, 27 Nov 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
@gitana1 so very sorry to hear of the loss of your sweet kitty. Our furry kids burrow deep in our hearts and provide so much joy and their loss is keenly felt. I hope the pain subsides and the happy memories stay forever.

None of the following is victim blaming, simply observations that *could* say something. Or maybe not. Just things that stood out.

I perused her IG early this morning. I found it odd there was no big engagement announcement or wedding announcement or pictures. Maybe they were stories and thus not available anymore??!! She had gushed over a friends wedding pics a couple years ago so I would expect her to share her own.

It appears she worked at a bar/restaurant at around the time she met TS. They had theme weeks and Outfits like Hooters.

<modsnip>

She mentioned stopping drinking earlier this year. She talked about how she noticed in her pictures she always had a drink (I noticed that right away) and that it was a habit. She was doing a 75 day program and had been reading a book about it. She did say she would probably go back to drinking at times, but wanted to be done with it every day and at all meals when they went out, every night, etc.

I agree about her not being an influencer. She was in an MLM and was basically advertising for that. Her IG followers weren’t that many and she didn’t endorse or do anything beyond her MLM.

All IMO, MOO, etc.

Good observations. One note - Her FB has an engagement announcement and photo on June 11, 2019.

Last edited by a moderator:
She mentioned stopping drinking earlier this year. She talked about how she noticed in her pictures she always had a drink (I noticed that right away) and that it was a habit. She was doing a 75 day program and had been reading a book about it. She did say she would probably go back to drinking at times, but wanted to be done with it every day and at all meals when they went out, every night, etc.
(snipped by me)
Great observations - thanks for sharing @AllGrace ! Especially for those of us focused on msm coverage, those were new and insightful.

Two little things jumped out at me from the news clip last night that @oviedo shared this AM:
  • CT in recounting her boyfriends conversation with AS's husband added that after saying she left after an argument that TS stated "Can you have the girls reach out to me?"
    I wonder if they did and what he was asking of them? I would love to see the full video of that interview with CT get posted. CT comes off as very credible and sober in my opinion and adamant that AS wouldn't just go off with random people when she has this tight knit group. JMO - even if AS was under the influence as TS said, CT is convincing that AS wouldn't go off with strangers or alone.
  • The reporter said ME still hasn't determined COD. Not 100% sure I buy that thought, I am wondering like @steeltowngirl if the COD has been basically determined but LE wants to gather more info about MANNER of death before releasing. Though I suppose they could be waiting on a more thorough toxicology panel. (JMO - I have no medical expertise - welcome thoughts)

Last edited:
(snipped by me)
Great observations - thanks for sharing @AllGrace ! Especially for those of us focused on msm coverage, those were new and insightful.

Two little things jumped out at me from the news clip last night that @oviedo shared this AM:
  • CT in recounting her boyfriends conversation with AS's husband added that after saying she left after an argument that TS stated "Can you have the girls reach out to me?"
    I wonder if they did and what he was asking of them? I would love to see the full video of that interview with CT get posted. CT comes off as very credible and sober in my opinion and adamant that AS wouldn't just go off with random people when she has this tight knit group. JMO - even if AS was under the influence as TS said, CT is convincing that AS wouldn't go off with strangers or alone.
  • The reporter said ME still hasn't determined COD. Not 100% sure I buy that thought, I am wondering like @steeltowngirl if the COD has been basically determined but LE wants to gather more info about MANNER of death before releasing. Though I suppose they could be waiting on a more thorough toxicology panel. (JMO - I have no medical expertise - welcome thoughts)
Need to wait for the complete ME report on toxicology. Not that it necessarily pertains here because we don't want to assume anything about the victim but in COD investigation the complete context of intoxication matters. Intoxicant ingestion of pills for example is more likely to be a voluntary event whereas injection, and injection site might indicate another person was involved. Same for the nature of the intoxicant. GHB for example.

Two new articles posted on Click2Houston and an ABC affiliate with friends and family speaking out again. Didn’t LE request days ago that everyone stop with the interviews?

Nothing new to note in them.

I’ve been following this case since right after she was found. Like some of you, I don’t think the fence hopping/getting into a car scenario is plausible. Not weighing in on what that’s about. It’s just that these scenarios always involve a just suddenly event where he/she cleared a fence or a gate and left in a car with a third party. Who does that?

If she ran out the door into a heavy rain and hopped a fence, she was terrified and running for her life.

jmo

Spoke with a mod cuz I was confused and had it explained to me that we shouldn’t be discussing the accusations of abuse since they haven’t been confirmed by LE. Even though it’s reported in MSM, it’s still just rumours and technically is no different than SM rumours etc. I imagine that’s probably why a lot of comments are being deleted. It’s not just accusing the husband of murder but also accusing him of abusing Alexis that’s off limits. Hope that helps someone out cuz it certainly helped me!
Happy Friday everyone! :)

While a direct connection to multi level marketing is unlikely, for instance, a downline individual who is frustrated acting out against the company through the person that recruited them, domestic bliss can often be upset when a lack of success is encountered in multi level marketing. Could it be that there was a discrepancy between ones online Instagram success and how much money was actually being generated for the household? I have read about families being torn apart by MLMs.
imo
Yes, it could be why she was so stressed out. I dunno what her husband does for work but I mean...she was making BANK imo and being the breadwinner can definitely be stressful. It’s a lot of pressure and even though progress has been made, it’s still taboo for a woman to be the main money maker and it can lead to tensions in the household etc Maybe he’s a progressive softie, but he genuinely looks like a barbarian, and though we shouldn’t judge books by covers, perhaps he is of a more traditional mindset and that led her to feel guilty?

<modsnip>

If I was murdered, I truly wouldn’t want my loved ones to bring up my mental illness til wayyyyy later, til after the case was closed, maybe even after my funeral and then maybe a fundraiser or foundation could be set up in my name. I just think it’s tacky and changes the message. Even if I completed suicide, I don’t want to be remembered as the depressed bummer that I can be, I want to be remembered as quirky and kind.
I had a friend complete suicide and they focused a lot on his brightness, strength and other positive qualities til after his funeral/dust had settled, then the family began the conversation about mental health stigma, addiction etc etc becoming advocates for the cause. He was so much more than his struggles with his mental wellness.

Alexis was more than an Instagram model who was secretly depressed. I think that way of looking at it paints her as disingenuous and that’s not a fair way to view people who are silently struggling. <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
I am very sorry you lost your step sister. Perhaps you could provide me with some information. After viewing Hou Dat's video of the area where AS was found, it struck me as being a quick detour off the main road where people frequently go to park and hang out for a while...is that a correct assessment of what goes on there?

I would say where AS was found was NOT a place people would go and hang out. It would be a very strange place to go and it would be very dangerous to walk on the feeder road which is very busy. The other side of I10 has alot more going on. Across from her apartments (a little bit of a walk) is a popular spot called City Centre that has shopping, restaurants, bars, etc. In some of her photos she is seen over there. Either way I doubt she would have walked to either of those locations.

Last edited:
Where I'm from, people involved in those pyramid schemes usually have a "normal" job and selling those products is just a side hustle. I couldn't imagine people doing exclusively that without a "normal" job.

My understanding is that Alexis was probably making good sales, if she was able to go on trips because of it.

JMO
TS could have been the money, the one with company life insurance, etc. Depends on if he was employed through a oil/gas/pipeline company, staffing group or self employed.
Some travel, some work in a plant, some work projects or construction, turnaround crews. Extremely good money.

Alexis Sharkey's sister speaks out about her death
snipped
Alexis Sharkey's sister speaks out about her death
By Steve Campion
Thursday, December 3, 2020 5:49PM
<iframe width="476" height="267" src="https://abc13.com/video/embed/?pid=8471984" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
HOUSTON, Texas (KTRK) -- The younger sister of Alexis Sharkey told Eyewitness News she wants her sibling remembered as a businesswoman, not a social media sensation. Tobi Robinault spoke out about her family's devastating loss.

"Throw it away. She actually hated that word. She wasn't an 'influencer.' She was a businesswoman," said Robinault. "Honestly, I know it's the way she's being spoken about ... that she was an 'influencer,' but I feel like she would have honestly hated that title so much. She wasn't trying to influence anything. She was a smart, savvy, successful businesswoman. That's how I want everyone to remember her."

Robinault's conversation with ABC13 comes as mystery and unanswered questions linger over Sharkey's death investigation.

TIMELINE: What we know happened before Alexis Sharkey's death
8416966_120120-alexis-sharkey-tn.jpg

Alexis Sharkey moved to Houston with her husband earlier in 2020. Now, she's gone, and family and friends are looking for answers. This looks at what happened before her death.

Houston police haven't said foul play is suspected in the case. They've remained tight-lipped about the investigation, even directly telling those close to the case not to talk about it publicly. They said any developments in the case will be posted to their Twitter page.

----
"It hurts me so much. She was such a fun, happy person. Who had so much anger in them that they could do this to her?"

RELATED: Husband of Houston Instagram influencer says he's receiving death threats
8420791_120120-ktrk-ewn-4pm-campion-sharkey-husband-gl-vid.jpg

Tom Sharkey says Alexis wasn't always the happy person she portrayed on social media and revealed the last conversation he had with his wife.
--------
She said she visited Alexis and her husband Tom Sharkey out in west Texas earlier this year.

"I went down last spring and I spent a long weekend with them," said Robinault. "They seemed happy."

Follow Steve Campion on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
more at link
--------------
I've added it to the media thread - noting Houston Police will announce developments via twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member