Found Deceased TX - Alexis Sharkey, 26, Houston, 27 Nov 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am unfamiliar with a ring camera. How do they work? Do you have to ring the bell before they operate or is it worked on sensor? I'm confused how they would help in this case, unless she stood right in front of the camera. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
The doorbell picks up any motion that passes in the motion zones. You can adjust the motion zones to your liking.

I am unfamiliar with a ring camera. How do they work? Do you have to ring the bell before they operate or is it worked on sensor? I'm confused how they would help in this case, unless she stood right in front of the camera. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
I have nest. Same thing as ring. You can set up for motion. Sound. Pkg pickup pkg drop off. Person at door. They are great. You can set up more than one. I just have at front door but there is no limit. I would think apt just front door. But if neighbors had one then there could be a lot of footage of her. Triggering cameras along the way. Some keep for 5 days or more but I think standard is shorter. Not too terribly expensive. Highly recommend. Sorry if question already answered. I just wanted to add my opinion on them.

It’s been a long time since I lived in an apartment. Are tenants allowed to install ring cameras? Or are they provided by the building owner and standard on all units?
That depends on the complex from my experience. I've seen them in complexes where the individual apartment doors are outside. I haven't really seen them in the complexes where a key/authorized access is required to get inside the building itself.

It’s been a long time since I lived in an apartment. Are tenants allowed to install ring cameras? Or are they provided by the building owner and standard on all units?
I’m going to guess that a tenant is allowed to replace their wires doorbell with a wired ring - or just mount a ring that runs on a battery - I would not live without my ring - I also have interior rings covering the house - I pay for the video on 2 of 3 ($60 annually) and it is invaluable IMO

I’m going to guess that a tenant is allowed to replace their wires doorbell with a wired ring - or just mount a ring that runs on a battery - I would not live without my ring - I also have interior rings covering the house - I pay for the video on 2 of 3 ($60 annually) and it is invaluable IMO

Ring also has a Cam that fits over the peephole inside.

Thank you for those pictures on the scene, @HouDat & @Midwestmom2019 (I hope I've got the right people!).

I don't know what to think about this. I'm hoping COD will be released and that will point me in a direction.

"Intoxicated and hopping over a fence into a waiting car" is convenient. But, people do stupid stuff when they're wasted. And, under the influence of what? No one has ever confused me with Carrie Nation , so not judging at all.

I think there are more than a few sketchy people (not her family) in her life and the MLM thing adds another twist, as I have a very negative opinion of them.

She was obviously a very bright, much loved young woman.

I hope this is solved very quickly and the reason we're not hearing a lot about it is because LE is just wrapping it all up.

MOO

RSBM

Good question. I suspect by now, they've all been disposed of.
There are only 2 scenarios that make sense to me based on what we know (maybe others have thought of more?)

1. She was undressed after death to hide any evidence of the person/location (hair, fibers, dirt, etc. - people wrongly assume they know what they're doing since they've all seen CSI) she was at, at the time of death - then dumped on the side of the road. Clothes and personal affects dumped elsewhere, afterward.

2. She was undressed at the time of death, and whoever she was with panicked and dumped her on the side of the road, then went back and gathered her things and disposed of them elsewhere.

Considering "awareness space" (the geo location most familiar to the perp, roads, landmarks, routes to and from work, etc.) I suspect it's likely that not only her body, but all her clothes, purse, phone, etc., were all dumped in a fairly close location to where the perp lives/works.

Of course I could be way off, but this does seem to play out this way in many, many cases.

jmo
- she could have been asleep when she died due to whatever reason.
-She could have been in a bath when she died or was killed.
We don't know where she was, only that she was keen to go out on Friday night as per texts to friend.
Maybe she did go out.
Her death may well have been accidental but she was almost certainly moved. By somebody .
Autopsy could take awhile...

I think the fact that COD/MOD are not yet available could be due to 1 of 2 reasons:

1) LE withholding intentionally;
2) Pending tox analysis, which could take upwards of 6 weeks

I am leaning in the direction of 2), based upon a few things -- found unobscured and nude, no visible signs of injury/trauma, etc.

And if that indeed is the reason why this info is not yet available, then I think these signs would very possibly point in a direction other than TS's.

<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
I’m confident HPD will solve this. If they haven’t already. We just don’t know it. I’m going w accidental OD followed by abuse of human remains by throwing her out like trash. Also thinking acquaintance. Not family. Not close friend. But just guessing like everyone else.
I think the fact that COD/MOD are not yet available could be due to 1 of 2 reasons:

1) LE withholding intentionally;
2) Pending tox analysis, which could take upwards of 6 weeks

I am leaning in the direction of 2), based upon a few things -- found unobscured and nude, no visible signs of injury/trauma, etc.

And if that indeed is the reason why this info is not yet available, then I think these signs would very possibly point in a direction other than TS's.

<modsnip>
I will be truly shocked if this is the outcome, but I think a lot of people (on this thread) are thinking along those lines.

There are any causes of sudden deaths in adults that leave no obvious marks or visible trauma on the body of the deceased.
A brain haemorrhage, for example occurs internally, heart attacks too.. but there are many.
There are also quite a few murders which leave no outward signs of trauma on the human body.
The forensic pathologist will examine every organ in minute detail, he will some to laboratories for further analysis.
He will take samples from her internal organs and he will have them analysed.
That will be the story of how she died.
Her story, told by her body , post mortem.
Without her story, we have nothing at all.

I thought the same thing, but believe me, the Covid travel/flight rules are strict right now, at least in my state.
My neighbor's inlaws were supposed to fly back to Utah before Thanksgiving and they are still here.
I am guessing that some family members who want to be there are unable to get there in a timely manner., JMO

Not only covid but the price of air travel has skyrocketed. I was going to fly to Dallas from CT almost 2 months ago and 1 way tickets were over $600. Also, my BFF lives in PA and they have made many many additional restrictions recently. And if AS didnt have the ability to quarantine for 2 weeks before returning to TX, She may not have been able to travel back by plane.

Jmo and all that.

The hopping over the fence and into a waiting car is what makes no sense to me. Nobody is going to show up at someone’s house without getting in touch with them first. If she had been texting someone to pick her up, I can’t find any reason why she would not have her cell phone with her. And if she had her phone with her, she would have responded to her friends’ texts.

The only disconnect for me is if something did happen at the apartment complex...the apartments seem to have a parking garage off one side of the property for tenants to park, not normal parking spots like most complexes so I’m assuming there would be cameras on the way, in the garage and including the one on their front door. And it could be quite the walk depending on where exactly someone lived in the complex which would also be more chance to be seen and cross paths with people.

The other thing that boggles my mind is why are police not asking for people to come forward if they’ve possibly seen anything? Why no requests to look for her clothes & shoes?

The hopping over the fence and into a waiting car is what makes no sense to me. Nobody is going to show up at someone’s house without getting in touch with them first. If she had been texting someone to pick her up, I can’t find any reason why she would not have her cell phone with her. And if she had her phone with her, she would have responded to her friends’ texts.

The only disconnect for me is if something did happen at the apartment complex...the apartments seem to have a parking garage off one side of the property for tenants to park, not normal parking spots like most complexes so I’m assuming there would be cameras on the way, in the garage and including the one on their front door. And it could be quite the walk depending on where exactly someone lived in the complex which would also be more chance to be seen and cross paths with people.

The other thing that boggles my mind is why are police not asking for people to come forward if they’ve possibly seen anything? Why no requests to look for her clothes & shoes?
Maybe they have enough to know they don’t need to ask?
JMO

I am thinking LE is not asking for public assistance with finding her clothes, items, ctv is because they already have it or know enough that they do not need assistance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agirlnamedbob