Found Deceased TX - Alexis Sharkey, 26, Houston, 27 Nov 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know a girl who makes a TON of money selling Younique - to the tune of 2 million dollars a year. It happens. Is it common? NO, but it is definitely possible.

Is that what she says or is that actual? I belong to a few anti-MLM subreddits and a lot of the reps say they move millions but it's just not the case. "Huns" will claim "we sold 2 million units of 4D mascara in 2 hours!" But that's company-wide and the number is the product bought by the "huns" themselves to resell to customers. Younique will also publish sales as the higher MSRP - not many people are buying mascara at $70 a pop from a "hun". People that escaped the MLMs take part in those subreddits and lay it all out there.

Alexis was also considered to be an "influencer" and she would have been priceless to Monat. While I don't think she would be getting Kardashian levels of money for product placement (Kylie K. earns $1.27 million for each sponsored instagram post!) she was still probably earning enough to live very comfortably with travel paid by Monat with intentions of her showcasing the product in exotic locations. The influencer lifestyle is bonkers and lucrative as long as you get the viewer numbers and the "likes".

Is that what she says or is that actual? I belong to a few anti-MLM subreddits and a lot of the reps say they move millions but it's just not the case. "Huns" will claim "we sold 2 million units of 4D mascara in 2 hours!" But that's company-wide and the number is the product bought by the "huns" themselves to resell to customers. Younique will also publish sales as the higher MSRP - not many people are buying mascara at $70 a pop from a "hun". People that escaped the MLMs take part in those subreddits and lay it all out there.

Alexis was also considered to be an "influencer" and she would have been priceless to Monat. While I don't think she would be getting Kardashian levels of money for product placement (Kylie K. earns $1.27 million for each sponsored instagram post!) she was still probably earning enough to live very comfortably with travel paid by Monat with intentions of her showcasing the product in exotic locations. The influencer lifestyle is bonkers and lucrative as long as you get the viewer numbers and the "likes".

And at least in other MLMs, you reach a certain "status" by selling a certain amount of products in one month. You don't "lose" the status the next month if you sell less, but you are paid (less) according to what you sell. The figures that are released tell you what certain levels make "annually" but representatives are not paid an annual salary, just what they make per month. So you can have someone be an "Executive Director" due to one big month's push to reach that status and then they are paid at one of the lowest levels the other months. There is really no way to tell how much money someone is making without seeing their actual sales figures and the sales figures of the people they are entitled to receive a cut from.

Also, influencers are really not paid well unless they are already famous or amass a genuine following and brand (in the millions of followers range). I represent start-ups and they often work with influencers. Many work for free products or an affiliate code where they are paid a small percentage for products sold through their link (so they have to work to sell the products). There are also agencies that "represent" influencers and they take a big cut. It is exploitive up and down the line, IMO.

"Cale revealed Sharkey's husband Tom wasn't invited to the viewing.

Cale said there was a delay in getting Alexis' body home to Pennsylvania over next-of-kin issues. The Harris County Medical Examiner would not confirm details of any dispute, referring us to the legal process for releasing a body. Records initially showed Alexis' husband as next-of-kin. They now show her parents."

Richardson told Campion he can't stop thinking about the horrible situation. He called the find bizarre, and said Sharkey wasn't wearing a single piece of clothing. She looked like someone delicately placed her in the brush along the road.

"It plays back in my head every day. I constantly see her lying there. It plays back in my head," said Richardson. "It's like she just got out of the tub. Her body was clean. There was nothing on her body. Her body was clean."

I find it interesting what the guy who found hers' supervisor said about her placement.

Her feet were in the road. "It's like she just got out of the tub. Her body was clean. There was nothing on her body. Her body was clean. She kind of was in the fetal position... in the way that the body was laid. I think somebody actually laid her there. They didn't just throw her out,"

I find it odd that she was laid out (IF she was laid) so that her feet were in the road making her easy, and quickly, to be found. No trying to hide her if she was put there by someone.

It is exploitive up and down the line, IMO.

This always kills me. I've watched a few documentaries on MLMs and seeing the stress that they can cause for the people involved is just heartbreaking. From being abandoned by your upline when you don't sell as much as they wanted to divorce and property foreclosure. I'm in my 40s now and "influencers" weren't a thing back when my friends and family were peak using social media. I've worked with teens and people in their early 20s who do pursue a career as a streamer or influencer. I don't know if it's realistic or not but it seems exhausting to have to curate your entire life for an online presence.

A friend of mine who is a chef was getting paid a couple hundred for every IG post she made showcasing a certain brand. Not enough to make a living off of it but just some nice change on the side.

I am looking at Alexis's SocialBlade and because death attracts tourists - she's gained thousands of followers each day starting on 11/30/2020. From being dormant and hanging around 10,000K followers for the year until gaining exactly 9,814K on 11/30 and then +12.5K on 12/1 and so on. Her IG currently has over 71k followers.

I am reading that Monat can pay anywhere from $4,000 to $100,000 a month to influencers but who knows if thats correct if the company is putting those stats out themselves. If Alexis was under 10K I find it hard to believe she was getting paid more than a couple hundred but then again, I don't know.

I wonder if there is any possibility Alexis fell prey to a stalker who followed her online.

She was probably doing better than most, I don’t think the company would take her on those trips if she wasn’t bringing some good money.
Vegas? Cheap trip.
Mexico? Also inexpensive.
I went to a MLM “recruitment” trip and it was more of a brain washing, bug your family and friends to “join” and constant sell tactics. I don’t know who is willing to pay those inflated prices for a product with bad reviews - if you have that kind of cash to throw around - you’re buying a “label” to show off instead.
JMO

It did rain Friday night into Saturday morning which could contribute to her body being so clean. Or if she was “delicately placed there” it’s unlikely she’d have any dirt on her either. I do wonder about makeup. Was it washed completely away or streaked down her face?

The change of NOK from spouse to parents could have been made as a matter of procedure after the initial NOK failed to make arrangements for transportation, etc. within a given time frame (IIRC it's 10 days here in TX).

There is a legal process in TX for such a change.

My heart hurts for the guy who found her. It's A horribly emotional thing, it surely haunts him. I hope he is able to deal with his grief.

eta: her clean body...could she have been cleaned after death? Drowning would have been evident in initial autopsy findings...
Also, she was placed lovingly...wow. I feel like that screams, "oops, I'm so sorry."

Again, just thinking out loud...

Change of NoK on ME Website?
The change of NOK from spouse to parents could have been made as a matter of procedure after the initial NOK failed to make arrangements for transportation, etc. within a given time frame (IIRC it's 10 days here in TX). There is a legal process in TX for such a change.
@HouDat Agreeing w your ^ post about why a change may have been made. Adding a link* and quote for detail.

TX statute ranks NoK people into classes and specifies if after a certain number of days* the highest/closest NoK fails to make final arrangements, that right passes to the next NoK, and so on.
If ME's website initially showed NoK as "Husband" for 6 or 10 days,* then changed to "Parents" that suggests imo "Husband" did not come forward/present himself as her NoK eligible to make final arrangements w'in statutory 6 or 10 day period, so the website NoK defaulted to "Parents."
I could be wrong, just my2cts.
* "If the person with the right to control the disposition fails to make final arrangements within six days after receiving notice of the death or within 10 days after the date of death, whichever is earliest, the person is presumed to be unable/unwilling to control disposition and the person’s right to control disposition is terminated and passed to the next person on the above priority list."bbm
^ http://tfsc.texas.gov/files/News/Facts About Funerals English.pdf

My heart hurts for the guy who found her. It's A horribly emotional thing, it surely haunts him. I hope he is able to deal with his grief.

eta: her clean body...could she have been cleaned after death? Drowning would have been evident in initial autopsy findings...
Also, she was placed lovingly...wow. I feel like that screams, "oops, I'm so sorry."

Again, just thinking out loud...

Yes, agreed. It indicates some remorse IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne