GUILTY TX - Alicia Moore, 16, Greenville, 2 November 2012

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Alicia's case aside...There was an outstanding warrant against him, but LE could not locate him for over a month?

How come? Because it was just a mild assault on a female family member...

No problems locating him on Monday.

It's 2012. Enough with the violence against women.

And the 49 yo who has been locked up...seething. Good for Alicia's Mother and other family members for following through to see that he was charged to the fullest extent of the law.

Saw this case last night on HLN so I'm reading backwards trying to catch up. I'm wondering if the man awaiting trial on sexual assault on this child conspired with the other man to "get rid of the witness" against him in the sexual assault charge? He is scheduled to be tried in January, 2013.

That's been the opinion of a lot of people, it seems.

Another poster above (sorry, I forget which one :( ), asked a good question. How did the 49-year-old Ramsire have access to Alicia to sexually assault her? Was it random or what?

Paraphrasing an assortment of info I've read and/or heard:

She was not a typical 16 yo teen.
She was not your average 16 yo.
She was shy; a homebody.
She was verbally bullied by peers.
She had some academic weaknesses, etc.

She was fragile and vulnerable: Likely the old 49 yo male may have "groomed" her before sexually assaulting her (as charged).

Another poster above (sorry, I forget which one :( ), asked a good question. How did the 49-year-old Ramsire have access to Alicia to sexually assault her? Was it random or what?

Yep, I should have finished reading before I voiced my first thoughts on this case. At least I'm not alone in thinking that she was murdered because of the sexual assault charges. I'll keep reading.

Surfie IMO I think he's probably a friend of a family member. Or possibly a distant relative, but I haven't run across any connections like that.

I'm a bit confused. Are there reports that Alicia was actually at Whetstone's house? And, he is on her Facebook page?

Some were wondering why Alicia did not go to ACE that day and why her family didn't know she was coming home early that day. I'm wondering if she had made arrangements with Whetstone to meet him after she got off the bus, IF the above is true.

Just one question for clarification: is sexual assault the same as rape? Or can it also refer to anything else but actual intercourse/sodomie, such as touching her?

I'm a bit confused. Are there reports that Alicia was actually at Whetstone's house? And, he is on her Facebook page?

Some were wondering why Alicia did not go to ACE that day and why her family didn't know she was coming home early that day. I'm wondering if she had made arrangements with Whetstone to meet him after she got off the bus, IF the above is true.

What we know:
Alicia was enrolled in ACE
Alicia's family did not know she was coming home early that Friday thus the delay until 7:30ish to report her missing.

We don't know WHY she left school early and rode the bus home arriving around 3:25 pm.

Just one question for clarification: is sexual assault the same as rape? Or can it also refer to anything else but actual intercourse/sodomie, such as touching her?

Details here on what constitutes aggravated sexual assault:

http://law.onecle.com/texas/penal/22.021.00.html

Also:

http://faqs.egmlaw.com/sexcrimes.html

What makes a Sexual Assault of a Child Charge "Aggravated?"

The offense of Sexual Assault of a Child is defined by Texas Penal Code Sec. 22.011. Basically, the offense involves sexual activity with a person under 17 years of age.
Please consult the statute for details. See Penal Code Sec. 22.021 for a complete list of factors that will make a Sexual Assault of a Child Charge "aggravated." Sexual Assault of a Child is Aggravated if the child is under 14 years of age, if a deadly weapon is used or serious bodily injury is threatened. See Texas Sexual Assault of a Child Charge "aggravated." Sexual Assault of a Child is, in most cases, a Second Degree Felony. (2-20 years.) Aggravated Sexual Assault of a Child is a First Degree Felony. (5 to 99 years or life.) If the child was younger than 6 if the child was under six at the time of the offense or there was violence or a threat of violence involved.

I don't know the legal answer to your question, but based on this article and info:

http://heraldbanner.com/topnews/x691735783/What-we-know-about-Terry-Ramsire-and-Tobias-Whetstone

"Ramsire, 49, received two indictments from the Hunt County grand jury in September; one for aggravated sexual assault of a child and another for indecency with a child by sexual contact. The former is a first degree felony, carrying a maximum sentence upon conviction of up to life in prison and the latter charge carries a maximum sentence of up to 20 years in prison."

I'm thinking first degree felony and possible life in prison is a pretty serious sentence, and likely involves more than inappropriately touching her. IMO.

Alicia's case aside...There was an outstanding warrant against him, but LE could not locate him for over a month?

How come? Because it was just a mild assault on a female family member...

No problems locating him on Monday.

It's 2012. Enough with the violence against women.

And the 49 yo who has been locked up...seething. Good for Alicia's Mother and other family members for following through to see that he was charged to the fullest extent of the law.

They have to find the guy in order to serve that outstanding warrant. His mom said he was at his aunt's house when Alicia went missing. He *may* have been hiding out there since the assault on his own family member. Some families are really adapt at hiding each other. JMO

NOTE: LE has said all along that this arrest was for that outstanding warrant only. And boy did they arrest him!! Watch that video of the take down in the neighborhood.

This is totally speculation and IMO, but based on the descriptions we've heard about Alicia's personality vs. the fairly violent things on Whetstone's FB page, I don't see her going to just meet up and hang out with him. Of course I could be wrong.

I didn't see him on her FB page or vice-versa, but there's at least one close family member of Alicia's that has him as a friend on FB. If you start looking at the friend lists, there are quite a few common friends between the families. That's what leads to my speculation that both of these guys were probably family friends to some degree.

Snipped By Me

NOTE: LE has said all along that this arrest was for that outstanding warrant only. And boy did they arrest him!! Watch that video of the take down in the neighborhood.

Saw video of his Mother speaking, etc., but not of his arrest.

Post if stumble upon it again.

Thanks.

So Alicia did not live with her mother?
Alicia's mother has a mutual friend with Whetstone?

Do we know where Alicia was living this past summer during the assault?

Alicia lives with her mom and Aunt/Uncle.

Her aunt said (in above video) that her NIECE and Whetstone have a mutual friend.

Same one. You have to pause around 1:10 and it shows all the vehicles (from 3 different LE's). Then listen to Alicia's aunt. She said that her niece and Whetstone HAVE a mutual friend, etc.

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Two-in-Custody-Tied-to-Slain-Teen-Alicia-Moore-177971971.html

BBM thanks for reposting this. I finally got to listen closely to the report/video and that jumped out at me as well. Whether or not it was Whetstone, I'm even more convinced that it was a family friend, or friend of a family friend. IMO.

Alicia lives with her mom and Aunt/Uncle.

Her aunt said (in above video) that her NIECE and Whetstone have a mutual friend.

The way i'm seeing it is that the aunt is friends on FB with Whetstone

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChillThrills