GUILTY TX - Alicia Moore, 16, Greenville, 2 November 2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Wow, family is NOT happy with how this was handled, to say the least. I'm angry for them. I don't know if it would have made any difference in the outcome, but that "what ifs" are haunting.

I didn't catch the last question they asked auntie...something about bullying? Did anyone hear it?

One of the reporters asked about "bullying," but auntie put that to rest fairly quickly, said it has been blown out of proportion. She also said that one of the things she did on her Facebook was send her encouraging messages to keep her spirits up, in regard to that.

One of the reporters asked about "bullying," but auntie put that to rest fairly quickly, said it has been blown out of proportion. She also said that one of the things she did on her Facebook was send her encouraging messages to keep her spirits up, in regard to that.

BBM: She certainly did and brushed it aside. WHY?

Dang, I am so SICK of these perverted sickos killing our children, women and men!
^i^Rest in peace, Alicia^i^
Peace and love to your family and loved ones.

BBM: She certainly did and brushed it aside. WHY?

Maybe she wanted to keep the 2 issues at hand separate? Bullying did not lead to her abduction and murder and doesn't want LE focusing on that? Not sure.

I'm so angry after reading through all of this. I think the presser was incredibly insensitive to her family, and I'm absolutely disgusted that everyone seems to have gone into CYA mode and have forgotten what is really at the heart of all of this... a young girl getting off her school bus, with only a HALF BLOCK to walk to get home, has shown up dead in a trunk on the side of a road. I don't care whether people feel they may be liable or not, this needs to stop being about legalities and start being about the beautiful young girl who has been cruelly taken from her family.

ETA - I don't understand how this is not being treated as an abduction. Fairly sure someone prevented her from making it home. I'd say the same someone who discarded her in a trunk by the side of a road. It's highly doubtful she made it there by choice, so I don't really see any other possibility than her being abducted. Seems pretty simple to me.

Thankfully, Alicia's family seem like they will be keeping her murder in the front of everyone's minds. I'm so grateful that she has such a strong family that are going to fight for her right up until this is thrown behind bars.

RIP beautiful Alicia, we will fight for justice for you. :candle:

Maybe she wanted to keep the 2 issues at hand separate? Bullying did not lead to her abduction and murder and doesn't want LE focusing on that? Not sure.

But how can anyone know for sure what led to this crime, until there is a suspect? I never rule out bullying anymore. Teens can be as brutal, if not more so, than adults.

But how can anyone know for sure what led to this crime, until there is a suspect? I never rule out bullying anymore. Teens can be as brutal, if not more so, than adults.

BBM that's for sure. This is purely based on my own experience but I thought my teen years, especially earlier teens, were some of the worst when it came to bullying or harassment from other kids. By age 15-16 everyone had kind of mellowed out, at least in my own group of friends, but I know everyone's different, and every group of people's different.

As sick as it makes me, my first thought on reading this case was it was probably a class-mate, or a kid who maybe goes to either a "rival" or nearby "poorer" school. Maybe a kid jealous of someone going to a school that gives out iPads to the students? Is that common? This is the first time I've heard about schools giving iPads out to kids. I have the weird feeling whoever did this wanted whatever she had, maybe in a backpack?, and she happened to be a good target because she's so sweet, and so small.This is 100% speculation. As you said cluciano63 we really have no idea who it was at this point. It was just a weird gut feeling I had. Regardless I hope they find whoever did this to her SOON.

ETA: just for clarity's sake, I should've sad "loaning iPads out" as opposed to "giving iPads out."

also found a memorial Facebook page for her...please remove if this is against any rules--

https://www.facebook.com/RipAliciaMoore

It seems that the community is very upset and coming together for her based on the number of likes and comments.

Also, an interesting comment from a boy on this memorial page saying he just realized he had talked to her on meetme? Anyone familiar with meetme?

Oh my. Not meetme again. No child should be on that site.
Eta. I am by no way saying this boy was involved. It just is not safe.

Why does meetme keep popping up in these cases? Not saying there's a connection, but I find it alarming how many young people seem to be using this site.

Just my opinion, FWIW

I don't think Alicia knew the perps
I think they were driving a larger truck with an extended cab
I think there are two perps, approx age late 20's early thirties
Slim builds/ relatively clean cut looking/5'8"-5'10"
I believe this was a snatch abduction- preceded by the men possibly asking her a question
I believe she was sexually assaulted and physically assaulted as well
I believe she will have some injury to her legs and a head injury around her right temple
I think the trunk has been in someone's garage for a long time, with things stacked on top of it.
The person who owns the trunk may never know it is missing, the person may be elderly
I believe that the trunk was dropped off in the morning, before dawn.

Huh? What are you talking about?? is this from a dream you had or what???

also found a memorial Facebook page for her...please remove if this is against any rules--

https://www.facebook.com/RipAliciaMoore

It seems that the community is very upset and coming together for her based on the number of likes and comments.

Also, an interesting comment from a boy on this memorial page saying he just realized he had talked to her on meetme? Anyone familiar with meetme?

I'm so glad to see so many coming out to support her family. Thanks for posting this!

I hadn't heard of meetme until now, but I can see how it could be dangerous. As could Facebook, MySpace, Zoosk, fake Match.com etc. profiles... there's just so much out there. If you guys don't mind indulging me for a minute I promise this story has a point. When I was in college longer ago than I care to admit I recall flirting with a guy online, back when you still had to use dial up to even get into chat rooms. I found out he went to college where I did, not a small school, and we had a class together that was practically the size of my entire high school, over 1,400 students. We were joking back and forth and I said something along the lines of "geez you might be the guy that tripped over me today and I wouldn't even know!" Turned out it WAS him (he was equally shocked!) and he was a very nice guy, but long story short, I ran across someone online THAT easily back when it wasn't all that easy and there was a certain "geek factor" to it. It would be so, so easy now to run across people you (general you) shouldn't be running across. It's so mainstream and practically expected. Could someone have known her from a class, school, riding the bus together, and they connected a bit online?

http://www.wfaa.com/news/crime/vigil-177797671.html

I was watching the news tonight and they were showing the vigil for Alicia, so sad. What really caught my attention was they interviewed a 14 yr old girl that rides the same bus route and was grabbed by a man earlier in the year. She was able to get away, thank God. Anyways, the interview with her is in the link.

I just found this thread this evening... And have read it through...

My heart is breaking for this sweet, shy, lovable angel!

may she rest in peace....

May her family find some kind of peace...

and may justice be served!

:praying:

http://www.wfaa.com/news/crime/vigil-177797671.html

I was watching the news tonight and they were showing the vigil for Alicia, so sad. What really caught my attention was they interviewed a 14 yr old girl that rides the same bus route and was grabbed by a man earlier in the year. She was able to get away, thank God. Anyways, the interview with her is in the link.

is it naive to think that if people took these warnings of abduction attempts more seriously, this could be prevented? There were warnings in Jessica Ridgeway's school district and in this poor child's school district. Why are the kids left on their own when danger is lurking? Can anything prevent this from happening when there is clearly an offender targeting a neighborhood? Of course, in Autumn Pasquale's case there was no warning.

is it naive to think that if people took these warnings of abduction attempts more seriously, this could be prevented? There were warnings in Jessica Ridgeway's school district and in this poor child's school district. Why are the kids left on their own when danger is lurking? Can anything prevent this from happening when there is clearly an offender targeting a neighborhood? Of course, in Autumn Pasquale's case there was no warning.

JMO but along the lines of what I posted earlier, unless you can find and afford a 100% reliable "bodyguard" to follow the child around 100% of the time, how can you fully protect them? Even then the mental/emotional damage would be pretty high it seems like. To me being supervised on their way out the door (Jessica) or out of the school bus (Alicia), on the way to or from a very short walk from school, watching their Facebook closely (I applaud Alicia's family for this big time!), is already doing a lot. Especially in this case when you're talking about a 16 year old who could theoretically be out driving around by herself going who knows where, without any supervision. I just don't know how much you can protect a child/young adult, and/or how much the efforts truly protect them.

I told myself I'd stop following new stories here but once again one has grabbed my heart. It's so sad! I feel like I desperately want an answer and I just can't think of one. :tears:

But WHY? Not good form, IMO. The glossing over the "bullying" is just B.S. IMO.

There's more here ... with this case. Beats me what it is though.:banghead:

JMO

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member