GUILTY TX - Amanda 34 & Alyssa Broderick 17, Willie Simmons III 18, fatally shot, Austin, Apr 2021 arrest

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I don’t know how accurate this is but it mentions who the victims are:
Austin detective, 41, is arrested after day-long manhunt | Daily Mail Online

DM is reporting the rape victim is a family member.
But they are also reporting that the male victim is a college football player which is not quite true. Willie Simmons III was a current student of Elgin High School, captain of the football team, and had been recruited to play next year for North Texas State University, according to the statement by Elgin ISD.
“He was an exceptional young man and leader among his peers,” Duron said. Simmons III was a National Honor Society member and he “represented the very best of Elgin ISD.”
‘Heartbroken’: Elgin ISD says 2 students among 3 killed in Austin shooting | KXAN Austin

So this is a good example of DM getting the details wrong at first. Hope they will correct that.

Because IMHO the victims names and their lives are the most important parts of tragedies like this, let us say them and remember their light in this world....

- Alyssa Broderick, teen daughter of the suspect
- Willie Simmons III, HS boyfriend of Alyssa
- Amanda Denise Broderick, estranged wife of the suspect

These were all outstanding individuals. Alyssa and Willie were accomplished high school students with a bright future, and Amanda apparently did all she could to protect her family from what she feared was a serious threat from her troubled husband.

‘Heartbroken’: Elgin ISD says 2 students among 3 killed in Austin shooting | KXAN Austin

Ex-Texas Deputy Wanted in Deaths of 3 Is Arrested, Police Say

<modsnip> Some cop.

This poor estranged wife trying to hold it together this long. These wonderful high school students having to deal with this. Then he just wipes out his family.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm so glad he was caught. What a sensless tragedy, ending 3 lives just because you aren't happy with your own (imo). And two were high school seniors with their whole lives ahead! I hope justice comes quickly for their families & he suffers the consequences of taking away 3 precious souls.

I wonder how many times his wife told people “if I ever turn up dead you’ll know who did it.” I’m sure that she and her daughter knew very well how much danger they were in and there was nothing that they could do about it.

I’m just waiting to see all the people who used to work with him speak up to say what a good man this murderer is and how this is so out of character and they never thought he would do a thing like this. Wake up, people. Most men who lie, cheat on and abuse women and children put on their good guy face around their buddies and people they want to impress. They also create a narrative to make you think that their victim is crazy or somehow deserving of abusive treatment. Stop falling for it.

MOO

Ugh - this is more upsetting! The daughter and mother must have been so scared since then. I wonder if the daughter’s boyfriend was staying with them to help protect them.
My friend's son accepted a football scholarship at college, starting in the fall. The whole family is over the moon happy and proud. It's a looong process to get to that point, and I bet the boyfriend was excited about his future. But an angry man with a gun ruined it all.

jmo

I wonder how many times his wife told people “if I ever turn up dead you’ll know who did it.” I’m sure that she and her daughter knew very well how much danger they were in and there was nothing that they could do about it.

I’m just waiting to see all the people who used to work with him speak up to say what a good man this murderer is and how this is so out of character and they never thought he would do a thing like this. Wake up, people. Most men who lie, cheat on and abuse women and children put on their good guy face around their buddies and people they want to impress. They also create a narrative to make you think that their victim is crazy or somehow deserving of abusive treatment. Stop falling for it.

MOO
Very well said.

From the same link above...which is being updated as I write....

My guess is that these young people knew the victim if the rape. Elgin is not a big town. I am also guessing that when the news mentioned a child who has been located safe yesterday, it might have been the rape victim. What a terrible situation for this community and tragedy for all the families and friends.

IMHO, the effects of the Pandemic are unbelievably far-reaching, in ways we cannot even begin to measure yet.

i think its the suspect's daughter as she has the same last name. and the third is possibly her mother.

I'm so glad he was caught. What a sensless tragedy, ending 3 lives just because you aren't happy with your own (imo). And two were high school seniors with their whole lives ahead! I hope justice comes quickly for their families & he suffers the consequences of taking away 3 precious souls.

What breaks my heart the most was the two students were literal weeks from graduation. And now the minor involved will have to live with this trauma forever. Hope they throw the book at him.

• Amanda fought his release, saying he was SWAT trained and 'knew how to hurt someone'
  • She feared he’d come after them for reporting the sexual assault to the police and ruining his career
  • A judge however agreed to remove his ankle monitor in November because he'd behaved well until then
Ex-detective, 41, is arrested after day-long manhunt | Daily Mail Online

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Amanda fought his release, saying he was SWAT trained and 'knew how to hurt someone'
  • She feared she'd come after them for reporting the sexual assault to the police and ruining his career
  • A judge however agreed to remove his ankle monitor in November because he'd behaved well until then
Ex-detective, 41, is arrested after day-long manhunt | Daily Mail Online

“State District Judge Karen Sage agreed to remove the monitor despite Amanda's pleas, claiming it was a 'pretty common thing to do'.”

This part fills me with rage.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Iwantapuppy
Back