GUILTY TX - Amanda 34 & Alyssa Broderick 17, Willie Simmons III 18, fatally shot, Austin, Apr 2021 arrest

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
These murders were preventable, Karen.

Judges like this need to be recalled and removed from their jobs immediately. To introduce additional risks to women in domestic abuse situations is to add more fuel to the fire. She literally signed the forms that allowed these three people to be murdered.

100% agreed.

Her term ends in 2022, let’s vote her out, Austin!

Karen Sage - Ballotpedia

Behind a paywall. Can you give a short rundown please?
Sorry - I don’t subscribe but now it won’t come up for me either now. It said that the 3 victims and the perpetrator’s 9 year old son arrived early for a scheduled visit for the son, where he would be passed to a child worker and go into a centre for the visit. When they got there the perp rammed a vehicle into their vehicle and started shooting them all and the 9 year managed to run away and get help.

Sorry - I don’t subscribe but now it won’t come up for me either now. It said that the 3 victims and the perpetrator’s 9 year old son arrived early for a scheduled visit for the son, where he would be passed to a child worker and go into a centre for the visit. When they got there the perp rammed a vehicle into their vehicle and started shooting them all and the 9 year managed to run away and get help.
What a horror. Glad the 9yo was able to get away, but what a trauma for him to go through. Lost his parents and sister in violence that he experienced and witnessed. Very hard to learn that your father was willing and able to wipe out his family. All the best to the young boy - I'm thinking he has a good support system and I hope I'm right.

jmo

Supervised Visits
A post (sorry, can't recall who) commented that often in a contentious divorce, a non-custodial parent's visitation is often supervised. Per this article* that requirement was in place.

"Another woman was there at the time of the shooting, to facilitate supervised visits between the couple and their son, Stephen Broderick's arrest affidavit revealed. Per their normal protocol, Amanda Broderick was supposed to pull into the parking lot of 9600 Great Hills Trail late that morning and release the boy to the supervisor.
Normally, the supervisor told detectives, she would take the boy inside and then wait for Stephen to arrive 15 minutes later for the supervised visit." bbm

Supervised Visits
A post (sorry, can't recall who) commented that often in a contentious divorce, a non-custodial parent's visitation is often supervised. Per this article* that requirement was in place.

"Another woman was there at the time of the shooting, to facilitate supervised visits between the couple and their son, Stephen Broderick's arrest affidavit revealed. Per their normal protocol, Amanda Broderick was supposed to pull into the parking lot of 9600 Great Hills Trail late that morning and release the boy to the supervisor.
Normally, the supervisor told detectives, she would take the boy inside and then wait for Stephen to arrive 15 minutes later for the supervised visit." bbm

Shooting Location?
Didn't someone post/link pix w yellow tape strung at a strip mall store, across the st from an apt bldg/complex?

Searching "9600 Great Hills Trail" address (listed in ^ post) returns a new-ish 3 story office building.
Building shown is most def' not a strip mall.

Could shooting have occurred in building where a visitation supervisor maintained her office?

Shooting Location?
Didn't someone post/link pix w yellow tape strung at a strip mall store, across the st from an apt bldg/complex?

Searching "9600 Great Hills Trail" address (listed in ^ post) returns a new-ish 3 story office building.
Building shown is most def' not a strip mall.

Could shooting have occurred in building where a visitation supervisor maintained her office?

i wonder if the mom would pull up at an adjacent apt complex parking lot to avoid interaction and the office was close by in the strip mall....

also i want to comment even in way better circumstances, custody exchanges are a powder keg. there was a period of time my husband had to do supervised exchanges (not visits, just exchanges) because his childrens mom would show up w a bunch of ppl cursing and threatening him. he never went alone and recorded every interaction.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Iwantapuppy
Back