TX TX - Amber Hagerman, 9, Arlington, 17 Jan 1996

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Amber's case was before DNA but I wondered if they preserved any. A family member of that 'uncle' could provide dna and see.

Since the Hagerman case is so high profile. The various sources and misdirection leads has stalled this case. Various bloggers have attempted to inject suspects into the case. We know that fibers were found on her body. But it is assumed that Amber was washed down stream in the creek where her body was found.
This case reminds me of Christi Lynn Meeks who was abducted in Mesquite Texas in 1985. Although her killer was caught he was serving a life sentence at the time Amber was abducted and murdered.

As I remember it was near Division St. in Arlington Texas. a Google Maps seaarch for Amber Hagerman's tree will provide you with the location although the parking lot and building were demolished recently.

For those who have asked - APD's cold case site lists this as the location she was taken from (jump into street view and turn around until you can see her pink and purple wall), and I'm pretty sure this is the location she was found at.

(This is okay to share, right? Since APD publicly posted the information anyway?)

Also, in reference to the questions about the DNA - some of you may have heard about how APD recently submitted DNA from an old cold case to Parabon labs, which they used to generate a sort of composite of the suspect based on his DNA. Which is great, because we now know what the suspect in that case looked like. In no way do I want to detract from that, especially if it leads to an arrest, BUT (in my own opinion), I think that if they had any DNA from Amber's case, they would have submitted it first. We still don't really know for sure what the guy looked like - just a vague description of a "white or possibly Hispanic" male. Every Amber Alert is a constant reminder of this case and I don't think I can overstate how big of a deal it is to the city, or even to the rest of DFW.

That's just my opinion, though. I don't think I am, but I could be wildly off-base here.

I have briefly read a few articles about this case, but cannot seem to locate an approximate address of these events.
also, does anyone on this board, actually try and work these cases? if there was a suspect, could they help investigate this person?

The abduction occurred on E.Abram Street/Browning Drive and her body was discovered off of Green Oaks Blvd NE (near Hwy 360)

eta: I just saw RaysaDawn's post and yes - the address where she was discovered was on Forest Hollow Lane. I had lots of friends at the time who lived in the neighborhood next to the apartment complex.

I just registered here today, and this was the fist case I looked up. I lived in Arlington and was 16 at the time Amber was abducted. I remember it vividly. I can confirm also that is where she was found, I also had a lot of friends that lived in that neighborhood on Shadow near the apartments.

The drive is 15 minutes. The first map is the find location.
759d789b353ebff6842ca63ff30c0db0.jpg
4dfac3b51f597505a4dd44c5aee6c559.jpg

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

So there is a more recent thread. Glad I found it. :).

I posted these links over on an older apparently defunct thread. I’m not very familiar with this case so am wondering what anyone else might know about this, concerning this reporter and the alleged perpetrator by the name of Fry, and his alleged involvement in a child pedo ring. I wonder what’s up with that case.

Also the original publication, The Ellis County Observer, was apparently confiscated by LE and and / or state of Texas, I’m not sure which. Or was it just related to this one reporter and this one story, his name is J. Dauben. ... Strange, anyone familiar with this? TIA

https://tarrantcountyo.wordpress.com/amber-hagerman-case-updates/

http://www.elliscountyobserver.com/?p=27338

Wondering why no more posts on Amber? Would like to see this thread come alive again, for Ambers sake.

Nice sentiments. I would like to see Amber case solved as of course she was the little girl that unfortunately for her created the Amber Alert. When researching the cases I am interested in I have always tried to treat each victim as equal. I sometimes think the higher profile cases are not investigated any better than the lower profile cases from the victim and victims relatives point of view and to me the case of JonBenet Ramsey fits into this category. As I say all cases should be investigated as thoroughly as possible.

Nice sentiments. I would like to see Amber case solved as of course she was the little girl that unfortunately for her created the Amber Alert. When researching the cases I am interested in I have always tried to treat each victim as equal. I sometimes think the higher profile cases are not investigated any better than the lower profile cases from the victim and victims relatives point of view and to me the case of JonBenet Ramsey fits into this category. As I say all cases should be investigated as thoroughly as possible.
Thank you....I totally agree with you. Its also alarming that especially in the smaller towns/areas, LE are not trained for these types of situations and you would think so in this day & age- although things haven't gotten any better it seems. All cases should receive the same thorough investigation. I try to divide my time between as many as I can contribute to and Ambers case has always had a special place in my heart.

I think the perp is someone like tommy lynn sells or joseph edward duncan (curses be upon them). They committed crimes as they traveled. sells was a carnival worker, I wonder if there were any traveling exhibts or carnivals in the area when she was murdered?

Whatever happened with suspect Bill N. Fry? Haven’t had time to go through this thread yet, but does anyone here happen know? I recall there being quite a bit of evidence , though maybe it was mostly circumstantial, I’ll have to see if I can dig it up again.

I didn't realize she was the reason the Amber Alert was created....

The person that committed this crime was familiar with the area and didn't look out of place...If she was kept for 2 days, she was either at his residence or possibly camping at a state park... Touch DNA could have been an option but it sounds like water washed away evidence....She had one sock on...I wonder if her other clothes were kept as a trophy...

I wonder if they checked sex offenders in the area during the time and plotted their locations on a map...Some possibly lived with parents....Some offenders are brazen enough to participate in searches and offer to help the family...I would check any news footage to see if the same person kept showing up...

This crime reminds me of Anthony Shore but he was normally in Houston...He also liked to use tourniquets...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro
Back