Found Deceased TX - Angela Morris, 47, Austin, 20 August 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

CrimeDawg123

Reaction score
Angela Morris went missing on Monday August 20. She and her husband experienced 2 flat tires while driving along Highway 360 near the Pennybacker bridge. After the second flat around 2PM Angela said she was going to walk back to the first location where they had a flat near Lakewood Drive to retrieve a tire tool they realized they had left there. Her husband has a disability and was not able to go with her. She has not been seen since.

APD Seeking Public's Assistance in Locating Missing Person

Fiancé of missing woman searching for clues after disappearance

Austin man desperate to find missing wife last seen walking on Loop 360

Attachments

• angelamorris.jpg
    angelamorris.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 49
1st flat near Lakewood Drive, 2nd flat near Pennybacker bridge. About 1.5 miles distance along a very busy road on a very hot day in the middle of the afternoon. I wonder if she could have been hit by a car and thrown into the brush or down a steep hill? This is very puzzling. Someone must have seen something.

Why not just call roadside assistance?
I don't know. One article states quoting her fiance Davies (BBM):

Davies said they weren't familiar with the area and spent about an hour together in the car trying to call people who could come out and help them. They found someone who might be able to get them on the road again, but learned they'd need the wheel lock. Davies believed they'd forgotten the wheel lock on the side of the road where they had replaced the first tire. Morris got out of the car to walk back north in search of it because Davies wasn't physically able to.

"Angela said, 'let me just go back, it's not that far away for me to get it and bring it back,'" Davies recalled. That was around 1:45 p.m. on Monday, he said.

Davies said that Morris had mentioned something about wanting to see if she could wash her hands off in an office building on Courtyard because they were dirty from replacing the tire.

He figured it would take her a few hours to walk up the road and come back, but he grew anxious as the time passed and there was no sign of Morris.

"I'm like [in a] panic because I can't even get out and walk a distance to even go out and look and see wherever she is," Davies said.

The two share a phone and Davies did not take it with her when she walked off.

This is bizarre and concerning. I live very close to this area (just south of the Pennybacker bridge), and this area is very upscale -- some of the priciest real estate in Austin. Almost no crime, and not the type of area where people go involuntarily missing.

Something doesn't add up in the story. It was a very hot day in Austin on 8/20/2018, about 104 degrees! Why would she decide to walk for a few hours in such hot weather? Couldn't they have called someone for help? A friend, a family member? Something is off...

Last edited:
Something doesn't add up in the story. It was a very hot day in Austin on 8/20/2018, about 104 degrees! Why would she decide to walk for a few hours in such hot weather? Couldn't they have called someone for help? A friend, a family member? Something is off...

Agreed. The heat in Austin right now is crippling, especially walking along a highway. Also, a wheel lock is a very small tool... it's baffling that she would decide to walk back to the first location to try and look for it on the side of the road.

Last edited:
Agreed. The heat in Austin right now is crippling, especially walking along a highway. Also, a wheel lock is a very small tool... it's baffling that she would decide to walk back to the first location to try and look for it on the side of the road.
Just reading here, having same thoughts. Walking a few hours in Austin, Texas in late August ? It’s really hot! Something is really hinky here. IMO

What is a "wheel lock". Is that a lug nut? Because if it is, it is definitely not guaranteed she is going to find it even knowing where they were stopped before, so what would be the point of walking back?

This story is very strange IMO. The one thing I find extremely reasonable is that they had 2 flat tires, i.e. one flat tire and then a faulty donut-type spare. We've also had a lot of flat tires lately here in Austin because of so much construction. But I find it really hard to believe that she would voluntarily walk over 1.5 miles along Highway 360 in >100F heat to find a wheel lock. Highway 360 is super busy, super dangerous, hilly, curvy... 1.5 miles along that road, and then back again, in that heat is a very long walk. I don't think most people would do that.

I find that they shared a phone not usual but believable. Austin is very expensive. Not saying they have money or not - don't know - but sharing a phone would be one way to curb expenses. One thing to keep in mind is her fiance has had a lot of health issues and was unable to physically assist much that day. They were definitely in a bind getting stuck on the road. I think what most of us find so odd is why not be more assertive to call to get help. If nothing else, you can call 911. If I were stuck on Highway 360, if it was over 100 degrees, my spouse was disabled, and I had no other recourse, that's what I'd do. Just MOO here of course.

I agree with all of you...something isn't right. IMHO it's one of three things.

1. Foul play. Like everyone said...stories aren't adding up.

2. Caretaker burnout/left voluntary/self harm... Maybe she saw two tires blowing out in 100+heat seated next to her amputee fiancee as a sign she needed to run. I didn't see if they reported if she was employed. If not there's even more reason to believe this.

3. Hard drug usage. No signs of this but sounds like a scenario that could've resulted from a fight and then drug seeking behavior. I don't think this theory is likely based on her age and lack of signs of being a past user.

All JMO.

Strange how she disappeared in the middle of the afternoon in broad daylight. He did say she was going to try to wash her hands in some nearby office buildings, so it sounds like he never saw her actually enter or exit the building.
Also he and a friend have hired a private investigator.
Austin man desperate to find missing wife last seen walking on Loop 360

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nurse4home
Back