Found Deceased TX - Angela Morris, 47, Austin, 20 August 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Strange how she disappeared in the middle of the afternoon in broad daylight. He did say she was going to try to wash her hands in some nearby office buildings, so it sounds like he never saw her actually enter or exit the building.
Also he and a friend have hired a private investigator.
Austin man desperate to find missing wife last seen walking on Loop 360
Oh yeah I agree and meant to mention this. The story about hand washing was too 'specific yet evasive' if that makes sense.

And if they were so broke they had to share a phone how the hell is he funding a PI? Rich friend?

Oh yeah I agree and meant to mention this. The story about hand washing was too 'specific yet evasive' if that makes sense.

And if they were so broke they had to share a phone how the hell is he funding a PI? Rich friend?
I thought the hand-washing was odd because I thought they parked after the 2nd flat along 360, and walking to those office buildings would be way too far. But it sounds like they actually turned onto Courtyard: "She walked down Courtyard Drive toward Loop 360, and that was the last time he saw her. Her plan was to head north to their last location, but Davies cannot confirm she was heading north because Loop 360 was out of his line of sight." Police looking for missing Austin woman who had car trouble on Loop 360 days ago

I think what they mean by the wheel lock might be the wrench to tighten the lug nuts. OK, you'd probably want that eventually. But why not wait until the friend or tire shop - confused as to who they were waiting for - shows up and then have him zip you over there to pick it up. And why would you even need it until you get a functioning tire in the first place???! And if they did call a tire shop, you obviously wouldn't need that tool right away.

And after 4-1/2 hours, the fiance decides to call the police. But this friend or tire shop hasn't yet shown up?What kind of help is that if they're not there after 4 hours?

Here's another story from KVUE: Austin man seeks help in finding his fiance, who was last seen on 360 Loop after car trouble

The KVUE story mentions (casually) that she had 3rd degree burns on her left arm. Huh? Can you all imagine walking hours in the heat with a bad burn?

Last edited:
I don't understand the timeline at all. That part of 360 is not particularly hilly, so even in the heat, it might take a typical person 35-40 minutes, max, to walk from Courtyard to Lakewood. A fit person could do it in about 25 minutes. So, after an hour and a half -- max -- she should have been back, and yet, he waited 4.5 hours for her there?? And did he have the car AC running the whole time? Because even with the windows down, sitting in a car with a 110 heat index that day would be unbearably, dangerously hot. And why not call for roadside assistance? The number is on the back of every Texas drivers' license.

Also, the businesses on Courtyard are corporate office buildings, not places where you casually walk in and ask to wash your hands.

None of the story makes sense to me.

A tire shop was going to drive to them and change the tire, wouldn’t they have driven her back to get the wheel lock as well? I can’t imagine them refusing to do that. I’m assuming they would be paying for that service either way. Now I’m wondering if she felt she needed to escape.

I thought the hand-washing was odd because I thought they parked after the 2nd flat along 360, and walking to those office buildings would be way too far. But it sounds like they actually turned onto Courtyard: "She walked down Courtyard Drive toward Loop 360, and that was the last time he saw her. Her plan was to head north to their last location, but Davies cannot confirm she was heading north because Loop 360 was out of his line of sight." Police looking for missing Austin woman who had car trouble on Loop 360 days ago

I think what they mean by the wheel lock might be the wrench to tighten the lug nuts. OK, you'd probably want that eventually. But why not wait until the friend or tire shop - confused as to who they were waiting for - shows up and then have him zip you over there to pick it up. And why would you even need it until you get a functioning tire in the first place???! And if they did call a tire shop, you obviously wouldn't need that tool right away.

And after 4-1/2 hours, the fiance decides to call the police. But this friend or tire shop hasn't yet shown up?What kind of help is that if they're not there after 4 hours?

Here's another story from KVUE: Austin man seeks help in finding his fiance, who was last seen on 360 Loop after car trouble

The KVUE story mentions (casually) that she had 3rd degree burns on her left arm. Huh? Can you all imagine walking hours in the heat with a bad burn?

I missed that, yes, how would they change a tire until they have a good tire to replace it with? So I guess the tire shop was bringing a tire, and I'm sure would have gone back for the lock too at only 1.5 miles down the road. This makes me want to pull out my hair. Something isn’t adding up, JMO.

They've lived there for 8 years it says. They were on a major highway right near a well known bridge. I call BS that they didn't know where they were.
I have been very surprised that people around here have no idea whats on the other side of town etc I know people who have lived in Dallas 20 something years and have never been to Ft Worth, which always leaves me scratching my head ...its right here you don't even notice that you are leaving one city and entering another !!! Sometimes I want to say are you kidding me ???

So much of this story does not add up. Did the tire business ever come to repair the flat? Why bother going to retrieve a lug nut/tool/whatever if you have a professional coming to complete the job? Looking with Google maps the intersection where they had the second flat tire has cameras mounted on the traffic light poles (W. Courtyard Drive and North Capital of Texas Highway). The intersections between the first flat tire and second tire all have traffic cameras so LE should be able to determine how far she got.

So much of this story does not add up. Did the tire business ever come to repair the flat? Why bother going to retrieve a lug nut/tool/whatever if you have a professional coming to complete the job? Looking with Google maps the intersection where they had the second flat tire has cameras mounted on the traffic light poles (W. Courtyard Drive and North Capital of Texas Highway). The intersections between the first flat tire and second tire all have traffic cameras so LE should be able to determine how far she got.
Exactly my thoughts as well. This is bonkers.

Trying to construct a timeline w/ sources. There is contradictory information which I am not sure if that's because the fiance is being deceptive or because the reporting on this story is so flipping terrible. My first thought is the poor guy is just wrecked, but on the other hand nothing here makes sense.

FIRST FLAT
- were driving on Loop 360 around 2 p.m. on Monday when they got a flat tire near Lakewood Drive. (7)
- driving southbound Loop 360/Capital of Texas Highway when they had a tire blowout near Lakewood Drive.(2)
- Davies and Morris’ car trouble began while they were driving on Loop 360, north of Lake Austin, and they had a blowout, Davies said. (3)
- They pulled off the highway to Lakewood Drive and replaced the flat tire with their spare tire, but we were on the road for less than 10 minutes, and then that blew also, Davies said. (3)
- Davis says the two were driving along 360 on their way to an appointment that afternoon when their tire blew. The couple pulled over on Lakewood Drive, replaced it and got back on the road.
- They were able to put the spare on and carry on. (7)

SECOND FLAT
- We realized the donut was not really filled with air, it was really low, said Davies. (7)
- another tire problem at Courtyard Drive at around 2 p.m. (2)
- They pulled over again, this time at Courtyard Drive just north of the Pennybacker Bridge, he said. After making multiple calls, they found a tire shop that would drive to them and change their tire. (3)
- We pulled into a gravel spot at the side of the highway (5)
- About a mile down the road, near the Pennybacker bridge, Davies said the spare blew out. (7)

GETTING HELP, NEED THE WHEEL LOCK
- Davies said they weren't familiar with the area and spent about an hour together in the car trying to call people who could come out and help them. (2) NOTE: if they spent an hour getting help this would be about 3PM
- They found someone who might be able to get them on the road again, but learned they'd need the wheel lock. (2) NOTE: "learned" they'd need the wheel lock? WTH does this mean?
- Davies said they called for help but realized a tool they needed to fix the flat was left at the spot where they first had car trouble. (7) NOTE: what tool is this and why do they need it at this point when they don't have a viable tire and possibly called a tire shop?
- Then, when the spare also went out near Courtyard Drive, she realized she'd left the lug nut key behind. (4)
- Davies believed they'd forgotten the wheel lock on the side of the road where they had replaced the first tire. Morris got out of the car to walk back north in search of it because Davies wasn't physically able to. (2)
- But Davies and Morris realized soon afterward that they’d left the lug nut key back at the first location. (3) NOTE: so what?!

ANGELA LEAVES
- She started her trek back to the area near Lakewood Drive (7)
- Morris reasoned that it made sense to simply walk back because the first location was only a mile and a half away, said Davies, who reluctantly agreed. (3)
- "Angela said, 'let me just go back, it's not that far away for me to get it and bring it back,'" Davies recalled. That was around 1:45 p.m. on Monday, he said. (2) NOTE: this contradicts times stated above of 2PM and that they spend an hour getting help before she left
- Angela said 'I'm just going to make my way there since it's not that far', said Davies. (4)
- She walked down Courtyard Drive toward Loop 360, and that was the last time he saw her. Her plan was to head north to their last location (3) NOTE: this contradicts statement that they pulled off on the gravel area off of 360 stated above
- Davies cannot confirm she was heading north because Loop 360 was out of his line of sight. (3) NOTE: again, this contradicts statement above that they pulled into a gravel spot at the side of the highway
- Last seen walking north on Loop 360 near West Courtyard Drive ~2PM Monday 8/20 (1) NOTE: last seen by whom? Davies said he can't confirm she was heading north, so he apparently didnt' see her.

HAND WASH
- Davies said that Morris had mentioned something about wanting to see if she could wash her hands off in an office building on Courtyard because they were dirty from replacing the tire. (2)
- Davies said Morris first wanted to see if she could wash her hands at nearby office buildings -- that was the last time he saw her. (7) NOTE: this seems to imply they were actually parked on Courtyard rather than 360.

WAITING
- He figured it would take her a few hours to walk up the road and come back, but he grew anxious as the time passed and there was no sign of Morris. (2) NOTE: a few hours? Really?
- The two share a phone and Davies did not take it with her when she walked off. (2)
- "After 4-and-a half hours I was like, 'that's it' and I called 911," Davies said. (2) NOTE: but what happened to the help that they called?
- Hoping she'd just walk up the hill (6) NOTE: the gravel area off of 360 is down the hill and rather flat, what is he talking about here?
- After four and a half hours of waiting, I was really panicking, he said. I dialed 911, and APD came out. (3)
- Davies, who has a prosthetic leg, stayed in the car. But, when she didn't return after four hours, he got concerned. (4)
- Where is she? That's all I kept I kept looking out the window looking for her to walk up that hill and that's all I was thinking where are you, said Davies. (4)
- She didn't come back and so he called police. Now, he's doing what he can to find her, even leaving a note where he last saw her, hoping she'll call. (4)

SOURCES:
1) Missing woman last seen on Loop 360 walking away from broken down car 8/22 - 8/23 11:50AM
2) Missing woman's fiancé searching for clues after disappearance 8/23 10:26PM
3) Austin police looking for woman last seen after having car trouble in highway
4) APD seeking missing woman last seen on 360 Loop after car trouble
5) Search for Angela Morris 8/23 10:32PM
6) Austin woman goes missing on I-Loop 360
7) Austin man desperate to find missing wife last seen walking on Loop 360

CrimeDawg that is an excellent summary of the case thus far. These are the same inconsistencies that I am seeing as well. A reporter also tweeted a photo of the note that the fiance left with the car (pic.twitter.com/SFMGNFjnjP) but then in a interview one of the local stations showed a picture of a piece of notebook paper clipped to a chain link fence. I don't know if either of these is the actual note he left for her and it sounds like the car with its flat tire are still there.

Exactly my thoughts as well. This is bonkers.

Trying to construct a timeline w/ sources. There is contradictory information which I am not sure if that's because the fiance is being deceptive or because the reporting on this story is so flipping terrible. My first thought is the poor guy is just wrecked, but on the other hand nothing here makes sense.

FIRST FLAT
- were driving on Loop 360 around 2 p.m. on Monday when they got a flat tire near Lakewood Drive. (7)
- driving southbound Loop 360/Capital of Texas Highway when they had a tire blowout near Lakewood Drive.(2)
- Davies and Morris’ car trouble began while they were driving on Loop 360, north of Lake Austin, and they had a blowout, Davies said. (3)
- They pulled off the highway to Lakewood Drive and replaced the flat tire with their spare tire, but we were on the road for less than 10 minutes, and then that blew also, Davies said. (3)
- Davis says the two were driving along 360 on their way to an appointment that afternoon when their tire blew. The couple pulled over on Lakewood Drive, replaced it and got back on the road.
- They were able to put the spare on and carry on. (7)

SECOND FLAT
- We realized the donut was not really filled with air, it was really low, said Davies. (7)
- They pulled over again, this time at Courtyard Drive just north of the Pennybacker Bridge, he said. After making multiple calls, they found a tire shop that would drive to them and change their tire. (3)
- About a mile down the road, near the Pennybacker bridge, Davies said the spare blew out. (7)

GETTING HELP, NEED THE WHEEL LOCK
- Davies said they weren't familiar with the area and spent about an hour together in the car trying to call people who could come out and help them. (2) NOTE: if they spent an hour getting help this would be about 3PM
- They found someone who might be able to get them on the road again, but learned they'd need the wheel lock. (2) NOTE: "learned" they'd need the wheel lock? WTH does this mean?
- Davies said they called for help but realized a tool they needed to fix the flat was left at the spot where they first had car trouble. (7) NOTE: what tool is this and why do they need it at this point when they don't have a viable tire and possibly called a tire shop?
- Then, when the spare also went out near Courtyard Drive, she realized she'd left the lug nut key behind. (4)
- Davies believed they'd forgotten the wheel lock on the side of the road where they had replaced the first tire. Morris got out of the car to walk back north in search of it because Davies wasn't physically able to. (2)
- But Davies and Morris realized soon afterward that they’d left the lug nut key back at the first location. (3) NOTE: so what?!

ANGELA LEAVES
- She started her trek back to the area near Lakewood Drive (7)
- Morris reasoned that it made sense to simply walk back because the first location was only a mile and a half away, said Davies, who reluctantly agreed. (3)
- "Angela said, 'let me just go back, it's not that far away for me to get it and bring it back,'" Davies recalled. That was around 1:45 p.m. on Monday, he said. (2) NOTE: this contradicts times stated above of 2PM and that they spend an hour getting help before she left
- Angela said 'I'm just going to make my way there since it's not that far', said Davies. (4)
- She walked down Courtyard Drive toward Loop 360, and that was the last time he saw her. Her plan was to head north to their last location (3) NOTE: this contradicts statement that they pulled off on the gravel area off of 360 stated above
- Davies cannot confirm she was heading north because Loop 360 was out of his line of sight. (3) NOTE: again, this contradicts statement above that they pulled into a gravel spot at the side of the highway
- Last seen walking north on Loop 360 near West Courtyard Drive ~2PM Monday 8/20 (1) NOTE: last seen by whom? Davies said he can't confirm she was heading north, so he apparently didnt' see her.

HAND WASH
- Davies said that Morris had mentioned something about wanting to see if she could wash her hands off in an office building on Courtyard because they were dirty from replacing the tire. (2)
- Davies said Morris first wanted to see if she could wash her hands at nearby office buildings -- that was the last time he saw her. (7) NOTE: this seems to imply they were actually parked on Courtyard rather than 360.

WAITING
- He figured it would take her a few hours to walk up the road and come back, but he grew anxious as the time passed and there was no sign of Morris. (2) NOTE: a few hours? Really?
- The two share a phone and Davies did not take it with her when she walked off. (2)
- "After 4-and-a half hours I was like, 'that's it' and I called 911," Davies said. (2) NOTE: but what happened to the help that they called?
- Hoping she'd just walk up the hill (6) NOTE: the gravel area off of 360 is down the hill and rather flat, what is he talking about here?
- After four and a half hours of waiting, I was really panicking, he said. I dialed 911, and APD came out. (3)
- Davies, who has a prosthetic leg, stayed in the car. But, when she didn't return after four hours, he got concerned. (4)
- Where is she? That's all I kept I kept looking out the window looking for her to walk up that hill and that's all I was thinking where are you, said Davies. (4)
- She didn't come back and so he called police. Now, he's doing what he can to find her, even leaving a note where he last saw her, hoping she'll call. (4)

SOURCES:
1) Missing woman last seen on Loop 360 walking away from broken down car 8/22 - 8/23 11:50AM
2) Missing woman's fiancé searching for clues after disappearance 8/23 10:26PM
3) Austin police looking for woman last seen after having car trouble in highway
4) APD seeking missing woman last seen on 360 Loop after car trouble
5) Search for Angela Morris 8/23 10:32PM
6) Austin woman goes missing on I-Loop 360
7) Austin man desperate to find missing wife last seen walking on Loop 360

Good question, is it bad reporting or is it an ever changing story on his part? I wish there would be an update. I mean are they actually searching for her, if so where? Better yet would be a press conference, instead it’s almost radio silence.

Good question, is it bad reporting or is it an ever changing story on his part? I wish there would be an update. I mean are they actually searching for her, if so where? Better yet would be a press conference, instead it’s almost radio silence.
I'm not sure that the police would do a thorough search for her. It's a large city, she's an adult and there's no evidence yet that something bad has happened to her. Plus, the police would probably have no idea where to look for her. I wonder if they checked the highway cameras at least...

It's also curious that her brother and sister didn't learn of her disappearance until 2:00 yesterday when her sister posted a CBS Austin article on Facebook. They may have known before but there isn't any mention until yesterday and I would be posting everywhere to locate my loved one. I would think that the fiance would have checked with the brother and sister to see if Angie had contact with them. JMOO.

Not being familiar with the area, Googlemaps helped me to visualize the area where this all occurred. I mapped from Lakewood Drive (where they had the first flat tire) to Pennybacker Bridge in Satellite view.

LinkGoogleMap: Google Maps

Per CrimeDawg in message #33 above
BBM
SECOND FLAT

I'm guessing they pulled off at the Pennybacker Bridge Overlook parking which would explain why AD couldn't view the highway as Angela walked away. I tried to upload a picture of the overlook parking area but it was too big and I'm technically challenged. :p

It seems to be a busy enough area that somebody HAD to have seen her.....if she was there. I'm just not sure what to think.....

Last edited:
My understanding is that the wheel lock is specific to each car and is required to remove the wheel- to prevent theft or something like that. Our car has one and it is necessary to change the tire.

I'm guessing they pulled off at the Pennybacker Bridge Overlook parking which would explain why AD couldn't view the highway as Angela walked away. I tried to upload a picture of the overlook parking area but it was too big and I'm technically challenged. :p

It seems to be a busy enough area that somebody HAD to have seen her.....if she was there. I'm just not sure what to think.....

The Pennybacker Bridge Overlook parking area is gravel and almost always has cars parked there -- no matter what time of day. It is a very popular area for tourists, students, and hikers. I picnic with my kids and do volunteer clean-ups at the Overlook a couple times a month. It's a bit further down 360 than Courtyard Drive, however. Unclear where they parked from the inconsistent news reports.

I can't emphasize how much traffic is on 360 during the day. It's always busy. I actually drove this stretch of 360 twice, back and forth, on Monday during the timeframe she was supposedly walking (I was carpooling kids). I wouldn't have noticed a car parked on the side of the road -- that's a frequent sighting -- but I likely would have noticed someone walking, because that's unusual, especially in this heat. My experience and opinion only, of course.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme
Back