Found Deceased TX - Angela Morris, 47, Austin, 20 August 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
My understanding is that the wheel lock is specific to each car and is required to remove the wheel- to prevent theft or something like that. Our car has one and it is necessary to change the tire.

Thank you, and I was just about to clarify the same. We were having new tires put on our VW, and got a call from the shop because the (vehicle specific) wheel lock was not in the car.

Thank you, and I was just about to clarify the same. We were having new tires put on our VW, and got a call from the shop because the (vehicle specific) wheel lock was not in the car.

And we don't know a very critical thing about that wheel lock - did the police go back to the first location and:
a) find the wheel lock? Meaning she never made it back there
or
b) not find the wheel lock? Meaning she maybe made it there or someone else picked it up. ETA: or it was never there in the first place!!

Last edited:
Another option I didn't think about. A few years ago there was a woman outside of San Antonio who just came back from a year trip around the world with her husband who went missing. Another one of those cases where everything seemed unlikely. Turned out she killed herself. Perhaps this is a similar case. 9 years of being engaged, no money, two flats, 100 degree day, and maybe they were fighting. The Pennybacker bridge may have looked very enticing. I wonder if anyone is looking downstream.

Another option I didn't think about. A few years ago there was a woman outside of San Antonio who just came back from a year trip around the world with her husband who went missing. Another one of those cases where everything seemed unlikely. Turned out she killed herself. Perhaps this is a similar case. 9 years of being engaged, no money, two flats, 100 degree day, and maybe they were fighting. The Pennybacker bridge may have looked very enticing. I wonder if anyone is looking downstream.

Leanne Bearden, that was her name. That was the case that brought me to Websleuths. She was originally from Georgia, where I live, and went to high school near mine. We were close in age. They found her in the woods. Very surprising.

BluesClues0, I wondered about suicide too. With the volume of traffic I think someone would have noticed her walking to the bridge, climbing over the edge and falling/jumping. There is path that goes up the ridge just before the bridge also and you can use street view of Google maps to view this scenic overlook as well. The fiance reports he didn't see her after she left on foot so maybe she turned south toward the bridge/scenic overlook instead of north toward the first flat tire location. I will say jumping from the scenic overlook would most likely cause her to land in trees, rocks and outcroppings instead of in the water.

And we don't know a very critical thing about that wheel lock - did the police go back to the first location and:
a) find the wheel lock? Meaning she never made it back there
or
b) not find the wheel lock? Meaning she maybe made it there or someone else picked it up. ETA: or it was never there in the first place!!

Great thinking, CrimeDawg !

That is the question I would like to see answered. Did the police check for the wheel lock and what were their findings?

So he didn't call 911 for assistance, and waited 4 hours for his wife to return before contacting the police. Hmmm...
I wondered if maybe she left, he passed out, he woke up, saw how much time had passed and called 911. That seems believable, but who could sleep for four hours in a hot car like that?

One afternoon in Austin the ice-scraper in my car melted from the heat.

I wondered if maybe she left, he passed out, he woke up, saw how much time had passed and called 911. That seems believable, but who could sleep for four hours in a hot car like that?

One afternoon in Austin the ice-scraper in my car melted from the heat.

An ice scraper melting in the heat, lol, how ironic!

From what I can tell on Google maps there isn't a gravel area around Lakeshore Drive. Once you turn onto Lakeshore sidewalks and curbs start.

Let me amend my previous statement above. There is an stretch between Wallace Drive and the
Fo Guang Shan Xiang Yun Temple where there is some gravel along the side of the road but this would be a shorter distance for Angie to walk and require less time to do so which again raises the question of why he waited 4 hours before calling 911.

This is video from roughly the 1st flat location to the 2nd. We don't know the exact locations of where they stopped. I started on Lakewood Dr., turned right onto Loop 360, headed south 1.4 miles to Courtyard Dr., turned right on Courtyard and started up the hill. Sorry it's a crummy video, phone camera on dash and it fell over, it's the best I could do!

Observations:
- Keep in mind if she were walking back to the 1st location, she'd be to our right walking against us in this video.
- There are not a lot of cameras on 360 itself except at intersections. There are no buildings right next to the highway that would have had security cameras to catch anything.
- Not likely she was hit and that not been seen by someone, and her body not been found. Even if she were thrown into brush (I don't think likely), there are lots of bicyclists who probably have detected a deceased body by now.
- Not likely she could be picked up by a passerby unnoticed.
- There are no walkers/joggers on this road, so she would have stuck out big time.
- Question - would she have walked along the main lanes or taken the access road when walking across RM2222? My guess is access road, it's safer.
- Folks, it's a LONG walk, especially in the heat, in jeans, wearing sandals.

If what he is claiming is not the truth and something happened beforehand, I wonder why he would come up with this scenario to explain her disappearance. Would it not have been easier to just say she left home and didn’t come back, he woke up and she was gone, something ?

And the bit about using this as an opportunity to leave him? That doesn't make sense either. After nine years, I've decided I'm going to leave you. Literally, on the side of the road with two flats. If she wanted to leave, she could get home and walk out of the house. You certainly don't take a flat and no transportation as the opportunity to leave someone.

I’m sure you’re right, I was thinking of the possibility that maybe she had reached a point that she couldn’t take it anymore, the last straw so to speak, and she just snapped. But if so what did she do, hitchhike? Stop and use a phone somewhere to call a friend ? Could she have had a burner phone he didn’t know about?

Also, did these flat tires really happen, if so wouldn’t someone have noticed that ? A woman changing a tire on the side of the highway?

I sure hope LE searched their home.

I’m sure you’re right, I was thinking of the possibility that maybe she had reached a point that she couldn’t take it anymore, the last straw so to speak, and she just snapped. But if so what did she do, hitchhike? Stop and use a phone somewhere to call a friend ? Could she have had a burner phone he didn’t know about?

Also, did these flat tires really happen, if so wouldn’t someone have noticed that ? A woman changing a tire on the side of the highway?

I sure hope LE searched their home.
Maybe it was the last straw and she snapped, or maybe it was the opening she'd been waiting for.

Or maybe they just don't have much money? If he's disabled he might not be receiving much income.

He is from Wales according to his Facebook profile and he doesn't appear to have been in the US military. I say all that to make the point that he may not qualify for any type of disability. He may be a naturalized citizen and eligible for benefits though. I mention military since he would receive disability from his service but according to one of the news pieces he lost his leg to a blood disorder and not active duty. He also appeared to have an AFO (ankle foot orthosis) on his left shin in the television interviews. The AFO would assist with moving the left leg while walking.

Also of note, he hasn't posted anything on Facebook since February 6th.

He is from Wales according to his Facebook profile and he doesn't appear to have been in the US military. I say all that to make the point that he may not qualify for any type of disability. He may be a naturalized citizen and eligible for benefits though. I mention military since he would receive disability from his service but according to one of the news pieces he lost his leg to a blood disorder and not active duty. He also appeared to have an AFO (ankle foot orthosis) on his left shin in the television interviews. The AFO would assist with moving the left leg while walking.

Also of note, he hasn't posted anything on Facebook since February 6th.

If he were on disability in the UK, would he still be able to receive it in the USA? (American citizens are still eligible for SSDI when they live in certain foreign countries.)

BBM: That we can see? Or nothing at all? He might have things tagged for specific audiences and we'd have no way to know.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme
Back