Found Deceased TX - Angela Morris, 47, Austin, 20 August 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Both valid points bluesneakers. I am not familiar with how disability services and the regulations associated with it work. Yes, he could have filtered the post about Angie as well but I would think he would want as many people as possible to see it. None of us know anything really other than what he has said.

I can understand walking back for the lug nut. I had had a blown tire and when I called for assistance they refused to come until I VERIFIED, with a picture, that I had the lug nut (yeah, pissed this 60 year old off and I hug up on them and found a friend). I also learned something new from this discussion, the there is a roadside assistance phone # on the back of my Texas Drivers License (what hole have I been living in?)..so, I understand that she may have not known this. BUT..if you have lived in Texas for even a short length of time, you know that a short walk along a really hot highway is not going to turn out well. 5 minutes into this walk I would have turned around and found another way to solve my problem!

One concern I have about this case is that I am not sure the APD are taking it seriously (I would love to be wrong about that, though!). And aside from a handful of local news stories, it hasn't gotten much press, and the press it has received was lost in the shuffle of back-to-school week here. The most likely people to have seen her during that afternoon timeframe would have been moms carpooling their kids, and yet, at a school function yesterday, I mentioned this case, and no one in a group of 30+ had even heard of it. And these are all women who live near the bridge and drive 360 multiple times a day. So, I worry that almost a week later, memories are fading, and any potentially useful info has already been lost.

I also am 100% certain that if anyone had jumped from the bridge or overlook during the middle of the day, it would have been seen. Again, traffic, traffic, traffic.

Last edited:
With a walk like that why not wait for the help to come then use their car to go find the wheel lock? And no phone for her walk? I wonder if she hitched a ride?

I don't know. One article states quoting her fiance Davies (BBM):

Davies said they weren't familiar with the area and spent about an hour together in the car trying to call people who could come out and help them. They found someone who might be able to get them on the road again, but learned they'd need the wheel lock. Davies believed they'd forgotten the wheel lock on the side of the road where they had replaced the first tire. Morris got out of the car to walk back north in search of it because Davies wasn't physically able to.

"Angela said, 'let me just go back, it's not that far away for me to get it and bring it back,'" Davies recalled. That was around 1:45 p.m. on Monday, he said.

Davies said that Morris had mentioned something about wanting to see if she could wash her hands off in an office building on Courtyard because they were dirty from replacing the tire.

He figured it would take her a few hours to walk up the road and come back, but he grew anxious as the time passed and there was no sign of Morris.

"I'm like [in a] panic because I can't even get out and walk a distance to even go out and look and see wherever she is," Davies said.

The two share a phone and Davies did not take it with her when she walked off.

Any activity on Angela's credit card, I wonder? Does she have one? I also note that she disappeared on a Monday at 1:45 PM. Does she have a job? If so, what is it? Or perhaps she was taking care of Andrew and they were living off of his SSDI (if he is receiving it)? That would explain why they share a phone and why they didn't call roadside assistance, it's too expensive.

However, if she has no job/income, it's hard to imagine that she would suddenly decide to leave Andrew without even saying goodbye. Where would she stay at? I'd think that she would go and ask her family for help, but they haven't heard from her either. I assume that all her clothes are at home as well. If she decided to leave, why wouldn't she take her stuff from their home (she could have done so at night while Andrew would be sleeping)?

I don't know what to think. I'm starting to think that maybe she did harm herself. Perhaps it was a sudden decision and she realized that she can't take it anymore.

Last edited:
One concern I have about this case is that I am not sure the APD are taking it seriously (I would love to be wrong about that, though!). And aside from a handful of local news stories, it hasn't gotten much press, and the press it has received was lost in the shuffle of back-to-school week here. The most likely people to have seen her during that afternoon timeframe would have been moms carpooling their kids, and yet, at a school function yesterday, I mentioned this case, and no one in a group of 30+ had even heard of it. And these are all women who live near the bridge and drive 360 multiple times a day. So, I worry that almost a week later, memories are fading, and any potentially useful info has already been lost.

I also am 100% certain that if anyone had jumped from the bridge or overlook during the middle of the day, it would have been seen. Again, traffic, traffic, traffic.
Oh, I so agree with you here. There really has been a seeming lack of response and publicity to this case. APD put out one notice on Wednesday 8/22 seeking help finding a missing person. But that is it as far as I know. No follow-up, no further statements, no press conference, nothing. On top of that, there have been no organized search parties that I have heard of. No distributing flyers, no press conference by the family, .... Just a few very poorly put together local news stories. What is going on here?

And I agree about the bridge. If everyone somehow missed seeing her go over, surely she'd have surfaced by now, and that area is always full of boaters, fisherman, jet skis, etc.

Oh, I so agree with you here. There really has been a seeming lack of response and publicity to this case. APD put out one notice on Wednesday 8/22 seeking help finding a missing person. But that is it as far as I know. No follow-up, no further statements, no press conference, nothing. On top of that, there have been no organized search parties that I have heard of. No distributing flyers, no press conference by the family, .... Just a few very poorly put together local news stories. What is going on here?

And I agree about the bridge. If everyone somehow missed seeing her go over, surely she'd have surfaced by now, and that area is always full of boaters, fisherman, jet skis, etc.

I don’t know if I’ve seen many missing persons cases that have grown so silent so quickly. Could LE know something they aren’t telling? Do you know if there were any organized searches the first day or two?

I don’t know if I’ve seen many missing persons cases that have grown so silent so quickly. Could LE know something they aren’t telling? Do you know if there were any organized searches the first day or two?
Honestly I wondered that too. What if she escaped, so to speak? She's an adult. Would LE have to report to him? What about to the public?

After seeing video of the area, it definitely wasn’t a hit and run. I doubt she took this as her chance to bolt on her fiancé as this seems like a strange time to do that. That leaves suicide or abduction. I’m thinking someone offered her a ride, it was very hot so she agreed.....

This is video from roughly the 1st flat location to the 2nd. We don't know the exact locations of where they stopped. I started on Lakewood Dr., turned right onto Loop 360, headed south 1.4 miles to Courtyard Dr., turned right on Courtyard and started up the hill. Sorry it's a crummy video, phone camera on dash and it fell over, it's the best I could do!

Observations:
- Keep in mind if she were walking back to the 1st location, she'd be to our right walking against us in this video.
- There are not a lot of cameras on 360 itself except at intersections. There are no buildings right next to the highway that would have had security cameras to catch anything.
- Not likely she was hit and that not been seen by someone, and her body not been found. Even if she were thrown into brush (I don't think likely), there are lots of bicyclists who probably have detected a deceased body by now.
- Not likely she could be picked up by a passerby unnoticed.
- There are no walkers/joggers on this road, so she would have stuck out big time.
- Question - would she have walked along the main lanes or taken the access road when walking across RM2222? My guess is access road, it's safer.
- Folks, it's a LONG walk, especially in the heat, in jeans, wearing sandals.
Thanks for the video. To all those who said this road has a lot of traffic...you guys must have never been to Cali. :)

LOL, DetectiveDiva! I believe CrimeDawg123 took this video on a weekend, during which we are blessed with light traffic almost everywhere in ATX. But truly, 360 is bumper-to-bumper for several hours each weekday during morning and afternoon rush hours, and even during the mid-afternoons, there is a steady stream. It's not Cali, for sure, but there is absolutely no way -- in my opinion, of course -- that someone wouldn't have seen her... if she was actually there.

I lived in the Bay Area, I’d think armageddon had come and everyone but myself had been raptured if I’d had traffic like this there.
Well that's scary, not to mention the stress involved. Thank goodness you got out of that hell hole ..... And now here you are. And hey, at least you're still here, not raptured yet. ;)

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme
Back