GUILTY TX - Anne-Christine Johnson, 30, League City, 8 Dec 2016 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Police did search his house, he gave consent for them to search it with his lawyer present.

Police conducted a consent search of Hardy's house with his lawyer in attendance soon after the disappearance was reported, but found nothing.

So it appears he shuffled Anne-Christine's body around to different places while police initially searched his house. What a special kind of .

Police initially suspected that Hardy had hidden the body somewhere nearby. Additional cell-phone coordinates showed her phone was northwest of Hardy's house about 5 p.m. that same day. "All of the coordinates are within two miles of the suspect residence, and are in areas conducive to hiding objects due to heavy natural brush," the affidavit said.

Two new boards on Hardy's back fence also attracted police attention. "The replaced boards are in a position consistent with if fence panels had been removed to facilitate moving an object through the fence," the affidavit said.
They were LIVING together?! This is new information to me. But that would explain why she was wearing Christmas pajamas. It hurts my heart to think of her killed in her little Christmas pj's. :(

There is a lot of good information in this article, it's worth a read.

The texts to her father showed Johnson was living with Hardy, who had custody of their 5-year-old autistic son, Roland, following their 2014 divorce. An 8-year-old son by a previous marriage lived with that child's father.

Hardy also denied to police that Anne-Christine Johnson lived with him, but Katy Cox, a friend of Hardy's, told police she had seen his former wife bringing groceries to the residence, walking in an out and appearing to live there.

http://www.houstonchronicle.com/nei...ords-led-to-discovery-of-missing-10835312.php

Can't read the Houston Chronicle Article, I guess you have to register and pay.

Well, shoot. I haven't registered or paid either, but I was able to see it. Maybe clear your cookies and try again? Anyway, here are a few more interesting items from the article (Lee is Anne's father):

A surveillance video of the street outside Hardy's house showed no white sedan. "Lee and family also found this suspicious due to knowledge that Shaun was a very jealous individual that did not like Anne hanging out with other men, so he reported Anne as missing," according to an affidavit.

Anne-Christine Johnson accused Hardy of pointing a loaded shotgun at her, striking her with the muzzle, knocking her head against the wall, then choking her on the floor, the affidavit said.

Another friend, Janel Lemm, told police that she had seen Hardy strike Johnson in anger when they were married. Bradly Singeltary, a former coworker of Hardy's, told police that Hardy had confessed to him that "he had scared himself by going into such a rage that he had really choked Anne." According to the affidavit, Hardy told Singeltary that he did not realize he was capable of strangling his former wife.

Investigators also learned that Anne-Christine Johnson had two uncollected paychecks waiting for her at the Legend Sports Bar, where she worked as a waitress. They found that odd because they had learned she was desperately in need of money. She also had failed to return a phone call offering her a job.

Hardy is being held in the Galveston County Jail under a $1 million bond on charges of murder and tampering with evidence.

So he confessed to a friend about his out of control rages when he had harmed Anne before, including choking her.

http://www.houstonchronicle.com/nei...ords-led-to-discovery-of-missing-10835312.php

If a friend admitted to seeing Hardy strike her, that leads me to believe the abuse was constant. He couldn't even control his rage around others. There is another picture on her Facebook page where she is lying with her son, and looks to have a black eye as well. I wonder how often the beatings took place in front of her sons. So disgusted.

I've been thinking a lot about that last picture and how it was grainy and not her normal quality of picture. I wonder if it was grainy because it was cropped from a larger picture? I wonder what else was in the background of that pic? For some reason I don't think those pics of her with the scarf and coat on were taken the same day nor do I think she posted them. I think he posted them with her phone to make it look like her last pics were of her right before going out somewhere.

I'm a friend of ACJ and over the last two years I have been deleted from her facebook account three times.Twice I wrote her and asked her 'what happened?' She told me her 'ex' had been in her account contacting people and asked if he had contacted me pretending to be her? He had not. She readded me as a friend twice. Someone was removing me from her contacts and I'm positive it was not her. Shaun was probably monitoring her social media.

DV relationships are so horrible, and so many of them end with a murder or murder-suicide. A case like this should alarm everyone dealing with abusive people in their life to get help and try to get away from that environment and influence ASAP and never look back.

I'm very blessed, I've never dealt with someone physically abusing me but I dealt with emotional abuse several times in my life. I'm glad I was able to get out of these situations before it got worse and worse.

DV relationships are so horrible, and so many of them end with a murder or murder-suicide. A case like this should alarm everyone dealing with abusive people in their life to get help and try to get away from that environment and influence ASAP and never look back.

I'm very blessed, I've never dealt with someone physically abusing me but I dealt with emotional abuse several times in my life. I'm glad I was able to get out of these situations before it got worse and worse.

It is easy to think, whhhyyy did Anne go back to this jerk? But really it is just about impossible to break out of the influence of personalities like Shaun's without some serious reality checks and help from outside. Her mom did everything she could aside from making it physically impossible for Anne to return. Anne's dedication to her son prevented her from finding any other solution as viable whatsoever. This isn't a "normal"case of a marriage gone bad and a husband awkwardly murdering her in desperation, then turning himself in. This is a narcissist that has been wanting nothing more than to control and dominate her from the beginning. You're 100% right - if anything about this case feels familiar, don't shrug it off.

This is a very detailed, in depth article describing everything Anne went through, it's well worth reading. It seems unbelievable to me that her protective order against him was thrown out, she had photographic evidence. I also don't understand why she was only able to see her son two hours a week. Because of a single drug charge? Doesn't make sense to me. If she had custody or reasonable visitation with her son maybe she would be alive today. I believe she maintained a relationship with SH to be close to her son.

The article also says she left her first husband, the father of her other child, for Shaun, and most of her family and friends didn't go to their wedding. Sometimes our family and friends can see the writing on the wall before we can.

SH has a bond reduction hearing 1/30/2017.

In the summer of 2015, Anne-Christine Johnson accused her ex-husband, Shaun Hardy, of pointing a loaded shotgun at her, choking her, striking her with a shotgun barrel, slamming her head into a wall and threatening her with a knife.

He also threatened to use a hypodermic needle to shoot a concoction of drugs into her mouth that would render her unconscious, then drag her into the bathroom and slit her wrists so that it would look like suicide, she alleged in court records.

[...]

Her situation was complicated by the facts that Hardy had won custody of their son, she had a prior drug conviction and authorities never charged Hardy after the alleged abuse in 2015.

[...]

Hardy's arrest two weeks ago on charges of murder and tampering with evidence astounded Meyer (his boss), who likened him to a son.

"Not in our wildest dreams did we think that he was capable of something like this," Meyer said.

[...]

Keller (friend of Anne) noticed a change in Johnson soon after the marriage.

"Right off the bat, he tried to put her friends and family out of her life," she recalled. "She wasn't allowed to hang out with me and her friends."

The few times that Johnson went out with her friend, she kept it a secret from her husband.

"I had to drop her off a block from her house," Keller said.

"I felt uncomfortable texting her," she added, fearing that Hardy would see the text. "I didn't want to be the reason she had to deal with Shaun's ridiculous wrath."

[...]

During mediation, Hardy was given custody of their autistic son, Roland, and she was allowed to see him two hours a week at a McDonald's restaurant in League City. Although unemployed when the divorce was granted, she agreed to pay $224 monthly child support.

Also unusual was her agreement to allow Hardy's father to have custody of her son if Shaun Hardy died or was incapacitated.

Roberts said domestic violence was never mentioned during the proceedings, and Johnson never raised any objections. Even if the domestic abuse issue had been raised, Roberts said, the Texas Supreme Court has ruled that judges must accept mediated agreements.

Johnson's mother believes Hardy intimidated her daughter during mediation.

[...]

Employers and friends said Hardy would stalk her during the periods when she had her own apartment, bombard her with accusatory and threatening texts and demand that she come home even when she was in the middle of a shift.

"He was really big on calling her a *advertiser censored* and you're dirty and no one wants you," Elkins said.

Friends and family say Johnson sought help from a local battered women's shelter in the months before her death but canceled the appointment after Hardy told her he had cancer and needed her help. They doubt that he had cancer.

[...]

The attack drove Johnson to seek help from the Galveston Crisis Center, which provided an attorney to help her seek a protective order, according to court records.

[...]

Hardy also filed for a protective order, attaching a copy of the divorce decree and an affidavit accusing Johnson of hitting him with the shotgun and trying to slash him with a knife.

"It was a joke to know he said that," said Elkins. "Anne-Christine was never that way."

Both requests for protective orders were withdrawn.
Much more:
http://www.houstonchronicle.com/new...-mom-one-of-many-family-violence-10859449.php
http://publicaccess.co.galveston.tx.us/CaseDetail.aspx?CaseID=1314751

This case is exactly the reason why so many battered women live in both hell and silence. There were so many opportunities for her to be rescued from this situation, let alone murder, but time and time again people in power ignored her. I know the last time I got an order of protection it was against my ex-husband, who I was still married to at the time but was separated from. The prosecutor I talked to after I turned in the request treated me like I was the abuser and when we finally went to court my ex had the judge eating out of the palm of his hand. I got the order, but I had to drive over 3 hours each way every other weekend to take my daughter to him for visitation AND had to call him at a certain time every single day so he could talk to her. All this despite part of the complaint was his threats to kidnap her to make sure I would never see her again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is a very detailed, in depth article describing everything Anne went through, it's well worth reading. It seems unbelievable to me that her protective order against him was thrown out, she had photographic evidence. I also don't understand why she was only able to see her son two hours a week. Because of a single drug charge? Doesn't make sense to me. If she had custody or reasonable visitation with her son maybe she would be alive today. I believe she maintained a relationship with SH to be close to her son.

The article also says she left her first husband, the father of her other child, for Shaun, and most of her family and friends didn't go to their wedding. Sometimes our family and friends can see the writing on the wall before we can.

SH has a bond reduction hearing 1/30/2017.

Much more:
http://www.houstonchronicle.com/new...-mom-one-of-many-family-violence-10859449.php
http://publicaccess.co.galveston.tx.us/CaseDetail.aspx?CaseID=1314751

I have a friend who lives in TX. Her child's father beat her autistic 7 year old sons *advertiser censored* w a bejeweled belt. Actually in fact he started w a regular belt then upgraded when he didn't get the terror he wanted. When she got him back from the visit he was limping and black and blue from his butt down. CPS in her area ruled it not abuse. NOT ABUSE. HE WAS LIMPING. She took him to ER and the nurse cried. Anyone here knows I'm all about equal rights for fit parents. This though?????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

after Hardy told her he had cancer and needed her help.

:gaah:

In the Galveston News:

Judge: Bond still $1 million for accused killer
By VALERIE WELLS The Daily News 10 hrs ago 0
Shaun Philip Hardy
Shaun Philip Hardy

A judge Tuesday declined to reduce the $1 million bond keeping accused killer Shaun Philip Hardy in jail, despite testimony from a string of defense witnesses.

Judge Patricia Grady of the 212th District Court ruled the bond would remain at $500,000 on a charge of murder in the death of Anne-Christine Johnson and $500,000 on a charge of tampering with her body. Both charges are first-degree felonies.

Johnson, who was Hardy’s former wife, was found slain Dec. 30 in the garage of Hardy’s suburban home.

Renowned Houston attorney Dick DeGuerin, who leads Hardy’s defense team, had asked that bonds be reduced to $150,000 for each charge, $300,000 total.

He argued Hardy did not pose a flight risk, needed medical and psychological evaluations, and was not able to make the $1 million bond, which DeGuerin called excessive. Shaun Hardy has an autistic 6-year-old son who needs his attention, DeGuerin said.

<modsnip>

Hardy’s next scheduled court appearance will be a status hearing on May 3 in Grady’s court.
http://www.galvnews.com/news/article_c0be68b2-7cdb-5ff5-a95a-d3a3baa42284.html

FYI his new attorney, Dick Deguerin, is super high-profile. I have no idea how they got him on this case.

Hardy was officially served with an indictment after a grand jury decided he is to stand trial for murder. The trial has been fast-tracked for sometime this fall.

So, I couldn't find anything about Hardy's status hearing from 3 days ago.

Anyone??

TIA!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stefunee