GUILTY TX - Anne-Christine Johnson, 30, League City, 8 Dec 2016 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
So, I couldn't find anything about Hardy's status hearing from 3 days ago.

Anyone??

TIA!

http://www.galvnews.com/news/article_c0be68b2-7cdb-5ff5-a95a-d3a3baa42284.html

A judge Tuesday declined to reduce the $1 million bond keeping accused killer Shaun Philip Hardy in jail, despite testimony from a string of defense witnesses.

Judge Patricia Grady of the 212th District Court ruled the bond would remain at $500,000 on a charge of murder in the death of Anne-Christine Johnson and $500,000 on a charge of tampering with her body. Both charges are first-degree felonies.

05/03/2017: Status Conference (9:00 AM) (Judicial Officer Grady, Patricia)
defendant not to be brought over for sc/unless requested by attorney
Result: Reset

05/03/2017: Notice of Setting (The above case is set on the District Court docket for: Status / Date: 6/27/17 / Time: 9:00 AM / Reason for rescheduling: Discovery)

06/27/2017: Status Conference (9:00 AM) (Judicial Officer Grady, Patricia)
discovery

http://publicaccess.co.galveston.tx.us/default.aspx

I take that to mean they don't feel he has any life threatening cases of cancer that would require treatment...

From the "public access" link in post #283, I found:

08/29/2017 Disposition Setting (9:00 AM) (Judicial Officer Grady, Patricia) discovery

So - August 29th next hearing.

:what: But, but, but....He CONFESSED!! :furious:

I do not get it at all. How can a confessed murderer be released, and furthermore 1 million bond is laughable - he could have got a bad credit loan for the 10k directly from the bondsman. I don't care if he isn't going to run, I don't care if he isn't a threat. He should never see his kids again, sleep in a comfortable bed, or enjoy any comforts Anne is now deprived of.

I do not get it at all. How can a confessed murderer be released, and furthermore 1 million bond is laughable - he could have got a bad credit loan for the 10k directly from the bondsman. I don't care if he isn't going to run, I don't care if he isn't a threat. He should never see his kids again, sleep in a comfortable bed, or enjoy any comforts Anne is now deprived of.

I agree. Seriously! It's not like this was an accidental death or something. He planned out how he was going to murder her and he did it! I disagree with his lawyer. He is sick and dangerous and should not be free another second of his life. :behindbar

As crazy as it is to us in the real world, I guess this 'doubt' argument stood up in court; enough to get bail...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...g-ex-wife-released-1m-bond.html#ixzz4pqqlqadd

There is no doubt argument - he confessed. He got bail, IMO, because of his earlier petitions due to his "cancer". Also claiming he raised his son is an unfair stretching of the truth that only further disrespects Anne. She wouldn't have even been at his house if it weren't for her dedication to her son.

Some quotes from the link:

According to an arrest warrant, Shaun Hardy confessed to police that he tried killing Johnson several ways, including suffocation, stabbing and blunt force trauma.
Investigators believe she died on Dec. 8, four days before she was reported missing by her father.
"I threw her on the ground, and that time I threw her with my full...as hard as I could," Hardy is quoted as saying.
Hardy allegedly confessed to then lying the woman on her left side, as blood rushed from the wounds on her head and face.
The warrant says Hardy held a knife blade to her chest, and then kicked the object with great force.
Johnson began coughing, gargling blood, and that is when Hardy allegedly grabbed for a plastic bag to put her "out of her misery."
More at link about how they found her body. I feel sick reading this.
http://abc13.com/1683953/

Just quoting the above post from January 3 to bring these details forward. Hardy tried to kill her multiple ways. For him to change his story now and say SHE was trying to kill herself and he just put her out of her misery is beyond despicable. :stormingmad:

So he confessed - is there still a trial?

TIA!! :wave:

JUSTICE for ANNE-CHRISTINE! :rose:

I have this hearing tomorrow as "Discovery Hearing". Anyone know "what time" this might start - time zone Texas is in?

TIA!

I have this hearing tomorrow as "Discovery Hearing". Anyone know "what time" this might start - time zone Texas is in?

TIA!

Central time zone.

I doubt anything happens tomorrow. That area was seriously affected by Hurricane Harvey.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Central time zone.

I doubt anything happens tomorrow. That area was seriously affected by Hurricane Harvey.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh - you are quite right! :doh:

I'll go check on it....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member