Found Deceased TX - Athena Strand, 7, last seen at home, 200 block County Rd 3573, Paradise, 30 Nov 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone, please link if you find the whole recording of the press conference saved somewhere that we can link from.

Thanks in advance.

Looks like one house, and a shed in the back. Is that what you were asking?
Per Wise County Property Tax records:

Blue lines indicate the property lines:

Screen Shot 2022-12-02 at 2.39.21 PM.png

6.2500 ACRES

Description: Mobile Home Type: Mobile Home State Code: A2 Living Area: 2,280.00sqft Value: $56,626
TypeDescriptionClass CDYear BuiltSQFT
CPMGCP METAL GOODMDT052008960.00
LALIVING AREAMDT0519992,280.00
WDCAWDCAMDT05199996.00
SH08SHEDMDT051999480.00
ST08STORAGEMDT051999160.00

View attachment 384512

6.2500 ACRES

Description: Mobile Home Type: Mobile Home State Code: A2 Living Area: 2,280.00sqft Value: $56,626
WDCAWDCAMDT05199996.00
SH08SHEDMDT051999480.00
So their property is 6.25 acres. Meaning police basically searched their property? The area searched was bigger in my brain for some reason.

View attachment 384512

6.2500 ACRES

WDCAWDCAMDT05199996.00
SH08SHEDMDT051999480.00
My guess is a single wide trailerhouse. MOO.

I wasn’t aware grandmother lives next door. MOO but when I was 7, that’s where I would go after arguing with an adult.

"The only time she left was to go to her grandmother's house next door—and that's family," neighbor said. "She's not OK with being in the dark. She doesn't like the cold."

Thank you so much!

K9 Team quote and info:

"Local LE, as well as Rescue One, (Search and Rescue One) had their K9 teams. And, those K9 teams worked throughout the night in the darkness into the early morning hours trying to pick up a track, a trail.

They picked up a short trail that just kinda circled around the house and then headed back around toward 2123. Two different dog teams ran that track out but still, we didn't find Athena."

So, at about 4:30 am that morning we gathered up and shut it down.

I have been wondering that too. Sheriff said at today's press conference they located him around Fort Worth and he then headed back to Paradise (Is Fort Worth about 40 to 50 miles from Paradise.). Time to search that vehicle if they haven't already done so.
It's 40 miles, and a good road. Straight shot to I35.

So their property is 6.25 acres. Meaning police basically searched their property? The area searched was bigger in my brain for some reason.
In NO way do I mean to knock LE, but 6 acres seems so small for 300 people. I have 80 acres, so I'm very well aware of the size of an acre. I imagine with 300 people you could get a shoulder to shoulder of 6 acres done very quickly. Also, what if she left the property??

That 268 road is a private access to the house right? It's on the property. I assume the school bus drops Athena off there at the intersection of 3573?

IF this was an abduction, and since dogs only tracked around the house and to the road, would an abductor drive (or even walk) onto that access to the house?
Seems improbable.

Would Athena walk down that access in the dark, wearing a T shirt and no coat in the cold, to that intersection?
Seems improbable too.

So where does that leave us?
Hidden on the property through unfortunate "accident" of her own doing, or by someone else? (thinking of the boy stuck in the chimney eg), or was taken off the property by someone who lives there....

Snipped
WISE COUNTY, Texas - The Wise County Sheriff's Office says they are transitioning from a search with an investigation to an investigation with a search as they look for 7-year-old Athena Strand, who disappeared from her Wise County home on Wednesday night.

Wise County Sheriff Lane Akin says at this time they do not expect foul play, but it could be a possibility.
… more at link

<modsnip: not victim friendly>

And where did all the incorrect early info come from? Which “family” talked about Athena having a habit of running off, which caused a delay in the Amber Alert?

Oh and also, thank you everyone for posting about the presser. Much appreciated as I wasn’t able to watch it right now.:)
bbm
Good questions.

".... The reason why it wasn't done sooner was because the family told the sheriff that Athena had done this before, so the sheriff's office felt that they would have found the child eventually in the night...."

I'd imagine LE know the answer to the bolded ?
Wondering here ; when Athena ran away before, did she return of her own accord in a few minutes ?
For a seven year old, it'd be unusual for her to run away for even an hour.
Kids get hungry and in this weather, she'd be cold !

There's also the question of a jacket -- but according to the above link, she had a shirt, pants and shoes only.
Family is cooperating so far.

LE will also know by now if there were any interactions with DCFS before this ?
Trying to cover all bases.
M00.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sex Offender Question:

BBM

Q- Do you have any registered sex offenders in that vicinity?
We do. And, we have made contact w/ all of them and that is one of the reasons the US Marshalls were assisting us early on.

Q- And thus far that's produced no reason to believe they might be responsible?
Not at this point, no sir. But still, it's on the table, it's a possibility, but we don't see that as a direct lead right now.

I wasn’t aware grandmother lives next door. MOO but when I was 7, that’s where I would go after arguing with an adult.

"The only time she left was to go to her grandmother's house next door—and that's family," neighbor said. "She's not OK with being in the dark. She doesn't like the cold."

If she left anytime after 5 it was almost dark, and within 30 minutes really dark. The moon has been bright the last couple of nights but not enough to illuminate the area that much. And I don't know how dense the trees are or even if there are any. She would be a brave little one to be out of the house at that time. MO

That 268 road is a private access to the house right? It's on the property. I assume the school bus drops Athena off there at the intersection of 3573?

IF this was an abduction, and since dogs only tracked around the house and to the road, would an abductor drive (or even walk) onto that access to the house?
Seems improbable.

Would Athena walk down that access in the dark, wearing a T shirt and no coat in the cold, to that intersection?
Seems improbable too.

So where does that leave us?
Hidden on the property through unfortunate "accident" of her own doing, or by someone else? (thinking of the boy stuck in the chimney eg), or was taken off the property by someone who lives there....
However we are unclear exactly what "to 2123" means or how far that is.

I don't think it is probable. But the timeline is shortish for other options.

I can sort of infer from the wording, but does anyone know exactly what it means to transition from "search with investigation" to "investigation with search"? I guess it has to do with where the emphasis is, from search to investigation?

<modsnip: quoted post removed> This should be reasonably simple to untangle. This article says:

"Akin says the girl's stepmother was the only adult home at the time of her disappearance. The father was on his way to South Texas for a deer hunting trip when he was told what happened."

Father was "on his way" to South Texas which is quite a jaunt from North Texas (Texas is huge) but he was only about 50-60 miles away from Paradise when he turned around to go back. So, about an hour. Stepmom says she looked for the child for "about an hour" before calling 911. That's an odd coincidence.

And this quote:

"The mother and daughter had a little bit of an argument, which is not unusual for a 7-year-old and a stepmother," said Akin. "Athena got upset and she walked away, as she has done in the past, but they expected she would come back."

Who is the "they" that expected she would come back? And please tell me more about this deer hunting trip to South Texas. How far in advance was it planned? When was time off requested from work? Who else departed on this hunting trip with him? The answers to these questions may well direct LE exactly where to start looking. My opinions only.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member