Found Deceased TX - Athena Strand, 7, last seen at home, 200 block County Rd 3573, Paradise, 30 Nov 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, Athena got off the bus at 4:15pm. There was an argument (4:45pm?), Stepmom made dinner, came to get Athena and she was gone. Stepmom looked for her. Then step mom called 911 at 6:40pm.

SAR dogs were used and picked up her scent but lost her at the road (could either be her walking home from the bus, or her leaving some way other than on foot).

I'm behind, and this could be a child that got lost or hurt, but kids that are not really missing are reported missing because their caregivers will have to present them soon and can't. KWIM? Ala Casey Anthony and others. So who, besides family, last saw this little girl and when? Imo.
like cincere and classic :(

Since I have a child, here is just one example:
Me: (After a 5-minute warning) "It's time to turn off the T.V. now"
Child: "No! In a minute!"
Me: "It's been on for an hour. Time to turn it off." Walking over to switch it off... Child starts screaming and trying to turn it back on, etc. I make the mistake of telling child they've lost T.V. for the next day. Child gets even more upset. Child is the type who goes into "fight-or-flight" when upset and he might try immediately or later to leave the house.

Was the situation handled perfectly? No.
Does it happen? Yes. Do the parents wish they had known how to do better and that this drama hadn't happened? Definitely yes.

I really stick by this opinion. May the first perfect parent here cast the first stone.
thank you! my son is 9 now but when he was 7 on distance learning, we argued over his work all the live long day!

Full Recap, BBM:
  • Search and rescue team 1 had canine teams working all night trying to pick up a scent; they picked up a short trail around the house and to the road, but nothing after

This makes me wonder if they have ruled out the dogs hitting on the parents vehicles. If the dogs didn't get a sent there then its possible this could actually be an abduction.

I wonder what time dad left for his trip?
I have been wondering that too. Sheriff said at today's press conference they located him around Fort Worth and he then headed back to Paradise (Fort Worth about 40 to 50 miles from Paradise.). Time to search that vehicle if they haven't already done so.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member