TX - Athena Strand, 8, Abducted & Murdered By FedEx Contract Driver, Tanner Horner, Paradise, 2022 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I hate to be the one to say this, but I’m sure we’re all thinking it. If TH has previous rape allegations and now has 3 counts of SA on children, what are the chances sweet Athena didn’t also encounter this? Why was this *poster censored* a feee man?? The justice system has greatly failed all of these victims imo

I hate to be the one to say this, but I’m sure we’re all thinking it. If TH has previous rape allegations and now has 3 counts of SA on children, what are the chances sweet Athena didn’t also encounter this? Why was this *poster censored* a feee man?? The justice system has greatly failed all of these victims imo
Wouldn't the most likely explanation for these charges be that they stem from the complaint we read about early in the case, the teen girl who alleged online that he had assaulted her years ago and she reported it but no one followed up at that time? I would guess at least one of the three SA charges is for her assault.

I think it's possible but not a given that Athena was sexually assaulted. MOO though.

FOX says the 3 new charges are from incidents back in 2013

Who knows how many kids this monster hurt. Perhaps he even purposely hit Athena, just a little, to have an excuse to get her in his evil grip and the back of his truck. I'd like to know what the penal codes mean as well.
Noting:

The man accused of killing Athena Strand is now facing three counts of sexual assault of a child in unrelated cases out of Fort Worth.

Tanner Horner, who was already facing charges of capital murder and aggravated kidnapping in Strand's death, had the additional charges filed Wednesday, but court records show the incidents are from 2013.

Wouldn't the most likely explanation for these charges be that they stem from the complaint we read about early in the case, the teen girl who alleged online that he had assaulted her years ago and she reported it but no one followed up at that time? I would guess at least one of the three SA charges is for her assault.

I think it's possible but not a given that Athena was sexually assaulted. MOO though.
The dates almost line up. Per this article, she said it happened eight years ago. 2013 is nine years ago. Maybe? MOO

DEC 21, 2022
[...]

From court records it appears the charges are related to three separate incidents which all occurred in 2013 in Tarrant County. It’s not clear if all three charges involve the same victim.

Horner’s first court appearance related to these charges is set for Jan. 5, 2023.

A woman posted on Facebook immediately after Horner’s Dec. 2 arrest that he had sexually assaulted her eight years ago and that she had reached out to investigators to tell her story. It’s unclear if she is the victim involved in the new charges.

[...]

from Tarrant County court site:

CID: 1003264 Name: HORNER,TANNER LYNN
Case: 1760265 Docket: 1760265
Offense: SEXUAL ASSAULT CHILD U/17 Court: MG - Magistrate Court
Event: IA - INITIAL APPEARANCE Note:
Settings Date: 01/05/2023 Custody Status:
Prosecutor: HOGAN,MELINDA [H71] Defense Atty:
Bondsman: [ ] Bond Amount: $15,000.00

Last Name: First Name:
Case Defendant Court Offense Type APR Date
1760265 HORNER,TANNER LYNN MG SEXUAL ASSAULT CHILD U/17 IA 01/05/2023 10:00 AM
1760269 HORNER,TANNER LYNN MG SEXUAL ASSAULT CHILD U/17 IA 01/05/2023 10:00 AM
1760276 HORNER,TANNER LYNN MG SEXUAL ASSAULT CHILD U/17 IA 01/05/2023 10:00 AM

link: Tarrant County - Criminal censored*

edited to add: Nothing on Wise County yet for the murder charge.

What are the odds, this monster SAs one underage girl 8 years ago, and doesn't also SA the underage girl he recently killed?
What are the odds, Athena and this other girl (assuming all 3 charges involve the same person), are his only victims?

:mad:

I am still stuck on the fact that this child lived in a shed.
wasn't it the family living in a shed temporarily during construction work on the house?

Also, "shed" may not mean like a little run-down shack or anything, my dad has a "shed" on his property that's insulated, wired, and borderline fully livable (you'd have to go to the garage for a bathroom)

wasn't it the family living in a shed temporarily during construction work on the house?

Also, "shed" may not mean like a little run-down shack or anything, my dad has a "shed" on his property that's insulated, wired, and borderline fully livable (you'd have to go to the garage for a bathroom)
Just Athena and her sister were living in the shed.

The stepmother told deputies she had last seen Athena about 5:45 p.m. inside a converted storage shed that the 7-year-old and her stepsister were using as a bedroom while their father, Jacob Strand, renovated their house.

Read more at: https://www.star-telegram.com/news/local/crime/article269781527.html#storylink=cpy

She didn't live in a shed. Her and her step-sister slept in a converted shed turned bedroom, during home renos. I have a shed in my own yard that I've hooked up electricity to and in the summer, turned it into a guest cottage/sleeping area for visiting family. It looked exactly like the "cabins" at every summer camp in my area.

I am thinking the Shed is one of those like Tuff shed's that you can convert to a small living space. I know a few people who have insulated those kinds and added electricity, water, heating & air for living spaces or offices, especially during the pandemic. We don't know how old step daughter is, so maybe she is old enough to watch the younger one at night.

I can understand having to make things work even if it is uncomfortable for a bit during home renovations. But I myself couldn't imagine having my kids in a separate "house" than me. So I'd sleep out there with them. But maybe Dad or Mom did. We really don't know.

I am not certain that she lived in a shed.
It sounds more like a bunkhouse - at least that is what we called a small structure that had built in bunk beds - back when I was a kid.
It was a pretty cool place that made us kids feel like we were camping, but in all reality, the main house was probably 100 feet away.

I think that since the majority of us live in suburbia or cities, our vision of rural life is not really fair and can be less tolerant for others that have chosen something different.

All photos of Athena reflected a healthy and cared for child.
Her father actually grew up on that property and wanted his children to have a similar experience.

JMO

IMHO I'm no spring chickee but when I was a youngster I was blessed to live at the beach. I was able to play in my front yard, go to the beach with friends, and ride my bike almost any place. I know crimes happened during my youth but not to the extent we see now. Primarily, the word gets out fast now.
This is so sad that this innocent little girl caught the eye of a bad person. I'm wondering if this the first and only time he has done this?

I don’t think the conditions in the shed were bad since CPS didn’t remove the remaining children.

I don’t necessarily think temporarily living in a shed is bad but I can’t imagine my 7 y/o sleep in a different building than me. This doesn’t have anything to do with the case and I realize I’m way more paranoid and overprotective than most but I’d never sleep with my kiddos out in a shed when I’m in the house. I’d be worried someone would take them or something would happen to them.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back